Windows 10: How to upgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10 and keep the license

Discus and support How to upgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10 and keep the license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello! I have a laptop with Windows 11 preinstalled, but I want to install Windows 10. How can I do this correctly so as not to lose the license: 1.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Сергей Богданов1, Dec 3, 2022.

1. How to upgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10 and keep the license

Hello! I have a laptop with Windows 11 preinstalled, but I want to install Windows 10. How can I do this correctly so as not to lose the license: 1. Make a Windows 10 USB flash drive using the Media Creation Tool and install a new Windows 10 on your laptop. 2. Make an upgrade using Windows 10 Upgrade Is there another way, please explain. Sincerely.

:)

Сергей Богданов1, Dec 3, 2022
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Dec 3, 2022
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Dec 3, 2022
  4. Nordic Win User

How to upgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10 and keep the license

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

How to upgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10 and keep the license

1. How to upgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10 and keep the license - Similar Threads - upgrade keep license

2. If I upgrade from an unlicensed windows 10 to a licensed windows 11, will my license still...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I upgrade from an unlicensed windows 10 to a licensed windows 11, will my license still...: I’m currently on a system with unlicensed windows 10 but have a windows 11 key. If I install windows 11, activate the key, and downgrade back to windows 10, will my license still be active? Thanks. S...
  3. If I upgrade from an unlicensed windows 10 to a licensed windows 11, will my license still...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I upgrade from an unlicensed windows 10 to a licensed windows 11, will my license still...: I’m currently on a system with unlicensed windows 10 but have a windows 11 key. If I install windows 11, activate the key, and downgrade back to windows 10, will my license still be active? Thanks. S...
  4. Upgrading From 8.1, Keeping License Intact

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading From 8.1, Keeping License Intact: Hello all, thanks for being here. I'm going to be helping someone soon upgrade both the hardware and the OS in her Windows 8.1 computer. I'd like to verify my planned steps and see if anyone would like to offer suggestions for improvement. Hardware: Max RAM her M/B will...
  5. How to upgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10 and keep the license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10 and keep the license: Hello! I have a laptop with Windows 11 preinstalled, but I want to install Windows 10. How can I do this correctly so as not to lose the license: 1. Make a Windows 10 USB flash drive using the Media Creation Tool and install a new Windows 10 on your laptop. 2. Make an upgrade...
  6. How to upgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10 and keep the license

How to upgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10 and keep the license: Hello! I have a laptop with Windows 11 preinstalled, but I want to install Windows 10. How can I do this correctly so as not to lose the license: 1. Make a Windows 10 USB flash drive using the Media Creation Tool and install a new Windows 10 on your laptop. 2. Make an upgrade...
  7. How to UPGRADE from windows 11 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to UPGRADE from windows 11 to windows 10: Hi! I just purchased a new computer after my previous one broke down, to find that it was running the corporate junk that is Windows 11. Windows 10 is egregious enough as is, but it is a necessary evil considering many programs I need for work only run on the windows OS. How...
  8. How to UPGRADE from windows 11 to windows 10

How to UPGRADE from windows 11 to windows 10: Hi! I just purchased a new computer after my previous one broke down, to find that it was running the corporate junk that is Windows 11. Windows 10 is egregious enough as is, but it is a necessary evil considering many programs I need for work only run on the windows OS. How...
  9. How to upgrade to windows 11 from windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade to windows 11 from windows 10: Hi,Recently I upgraded from window 10 to windows 11, suddenly my Bluetooth and wifi stopped working in both windows 11 and ubuntu 20.04 dual boot. I thought it was a windows 11 problem, so I downgraded to Windows 10, and still, I have the same problem but now sometimes the...
  10. How to upgrade to windows 11 from windows 10

How to upgrade to windows 11 from windows 10: Hi,Recently I upgraded from window 10 to windows 11, suddenly my Bluetooth and wifi stopped working in both windows 11 and ubuntu 20.04 dual boot. I thought it was a windows 11 problem, so I downgraded to Windows 10, and still, I have the same problem but now sometimes the...