Windows 10: How to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro64bit-OEM to Windows 10 Pro64bit on a HP ProDesk 680 G4...

Discus and support How to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro64bit-OEM to Windows 10 Pro64bit on a HP ProDesk 680 G4... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Windows 7 Pro64bit-OEM operating on a HP ProDesk 680 G4 MT desktop computer , using Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Office 2010,What do I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LucyYao1, Oct 21, 2021.

1. LucyYao1 Win User

How to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro64bit-OEM to Windows 10 Pro64bit on a HP ProDesk 680 G4...

I have Windows 7 Pro64bit-OEM operating on a HP ProDesk 680 G4 MT desktop computer , using Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Office 2010,What do I need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro64bit?

:)

LucyYao1, Oct 21, 2021

2. dwongrade hp prodesk 400 g4 sff from windows 10 64 bit profesioanl oem licensed to windows 7 64bit professional edition oem license

HI I have 22 hp prodesk 400 g4 sff from hp for my corporation with windows 10 profesional 64 bit oem license, I want to deploy all this pc to windows 7 profesional 64 bit oem license as all my organitation has all de computers in windows 7 64 profesional
    and I want to keep it in that situacion for diferent reasons like homogenius profiles, the question is that I do not know what is the process to downgrade these 22 pc's into windows 7 profesional 64 bit oem license, I know that hp has given me the posibility
    of downgrading rights as I can see that rigth in all the cases of the pc's sent to my organitation.

On another hand I do not have any license key, my doubts are:

Do I need a windows 7 profesional 64 bit oem license from hp?

who can give me the windows 7 profesional 64 bit oem license?

where is the oem license , is in bios?, is involved in this process any kind of certificate or commands to do it?

is this posible to do it just with a windows 7 64 bit iso and how do I set the oem license in each windows 7?

I have so many question to do this process that I need some help.

thanks in advance.

*** Move to the appropriate forum

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 7 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

juan carlossalazar caballero, Oct 21, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    HP Offers Customers Free Upgrade to Microsoft Windows 7

HP today announced it will offer the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system on consumer and business PCs beginning Oct. 22.

To meet customers’ computing needs while protecting their investments, the company is participating in the Windows Upgrade Option Program to help customers transition easily to Windows 7. The program will enable customers who purchase qualifying HP PCs to enjoy the benefits of a new Windows-based PC immediately and receive a free upgrade to Windows 7 when it becomes available in October.

Customers who purchase an HP PC starting today may be eligible for the upgrade program. HP customers can visit www.hp.com/go/windows7upgrade to check for upgrade eligibility, register and get answers about their PCs and current operating systems. Following general availability of Windows 7 on Oct. 22, qualifying customers will receive the Windows 7 upgrade and an upgrade utility disk with a step-by-step guide for installation at their convenience.

Throughout the development of Windows 7, HP has had an unprecedented level of collaboration with Microsoft to improve the user experience. HP has made a significant investment in hardware and software testing to ensure broad compatibility and a satisfying technology experience across its commercial and consumer PC portfolios.

“HP has helped guide Microsoft through the development of Windows 7, collaborating and offering unique insight and counsel on emerging technologies,” said Carlos Montalvo, vice president, Experience Marketing, Personal Systems Group, HP. “Because of this early collaboration, HP has engineered truly innovative PCs – from our thin and light notebooks and high-performance desktops to our acclaimed TouchSmart PCs – providing advanced performance, compelling user experiences and more functionality overall.”

For more than two years, HP’s collaboration with Microsoft has consisted of sharing industry best practices and technology for mobility, touch innovation and printing, and working to ensure a good customer experience when upgrading to Windows 7.

“We are thrilled with the level of collaboration between HP and Microsoft throughout the development of Windows 7,” said Nick Parker, general manager, Worldwide Sales for HP, Microsoft. “Through the Windows Upgrade Option program, we can help our joint customers get new PCs now and get ready to experience the innovation and simplification that Windows 7 delivers.”

To help simplify the Windows 7 upgrade process, the HP Upgrade Assistant will identify and preinstall most necessary drivers. The HP Support website will continue to be updated with drivers, allowing customers to easily update their PCs without the burden of researching and downloading drivers for graphic cards and attached peripheral hardware.

HP PCs with Windows Vista on the market today meet the hardware requirements to run the Windows 7 operating system. Customers can continue to purchase new PCs from HP with the confidence that they will run the Windows 7 operating system when it becomes available later this year.

Customers can join the conversation about the upcoming launch of Windows 7 on the HP Consumer Support Forum or HP Business Support Forum for businesses. More information about HP’s Windows Upgrade Option Program is available at www.hp.com/go/windows7.

Source: HP

btarunr, Oct 21, 2021
  4. Nordic Win User

How to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro64bit-OEM to Windows 10 Pro64bit on a HP ProDesk 680 G4...

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

1. How to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro64bit-OEM to Windows 10 Pro64bit on a HP ProDesk 680 G4... - Similar Threads - upgrade Pro64bit OEM

2. HP Prodesk recovery Win7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Prodesk recovery Win7: I have a 5 year old HP Prodesk running Win7. The HDD crashed and had to be replaced. Backups lost/destroyed and can't reload drivers downloaded from HP. When I try to install them it says they are out of date and can not be installed. Is my computer now a paperweight?...
  3. How to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro64bit-OEM to Windows 10 Pro64bit on a HP ProDesk 680 G4...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro64bit-OEM to Windows 10 Pro64bit on a HP ProDesk 680 G4...: I have Windows 7 Pro64bit-OEM operating on a HP ProDesk 680 G4 MT desktop computer , using Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Office 2010,What do I need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro64bit?...
  4. Windows 7 OEM to Windows 10 Free Upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 7 OEM to Windows 10 Free Upgrade: Yes I'm finally considering doing it. I've been hesitant because I have everything exactly how I want it and I know upgrading will change things around a bit (drivers/apps/game versions, etc). Can anyone thoroughly explain how to do this with a Windows 7 OEM key? I've jumped...
  5. Upgrading from Windows 7 OEM to 10

Upgrading from Windows 7 OEM to 10: So I originally had a Windows 7 OEM, but the motherboard it was tied to short circuited and had to be replaced, so now it’s technically not genuine cause of being on a different motherboard. I was gonna upgrade my pc, including the motherboard and was wondering if I could...
  6. How to upgrade to Windows 10 for free from Windows 7 Ultimate OEM key

How to upgrade to Windows 10 for free from Windows 7 Ultimate OEM key: I want to do a clean install on a new drive. I used the Media Creation Tool to create an installation USB. Would entering my W7 OEM key during the install work? submitted by /u/owta999 [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10+hp prodesk 400 g4 mt business pc+Ethernet network= random blue screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10+hp prodesk 400 g4 mt business pc+Ethernet network= random blue screen: Hi folks, i have 3 hp prodesk 400 g4 mt business pc. All have same problem, from some time I get random blue screens with irq_not_less error only when using a ethernet lan connection. When using an usb wi-fi adapter everything is ok. All sistems have last version of windows...
  8. How long to upgrade from 7 to 10 with OEM CD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How long to upgrade from 7 to 10 with OEM CD: I'm an IT professional. My sis bought win10 at Best Buy. I understand the preferred install would be a reformat - and we may wind up having to do that later - but to hopefully solve some other problems she's been having I want to try an in-place upgrade. With OEM CD...
  9. Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 OEM; reactivation on a new system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 OEM; reactivation on a new system: Greetings! One of my desktops is based on now ancient Intel Core 2 Duo CPU. I'm currently torn between swapping the CPU for used Core 2 Quad (since other components were upgraded during the years and are decent, even by today standards), and buying the brand new...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 OEM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 OEM: I have Lenovo x230 with genuine Windows 7. Can I freely upgrade to windows 10? I downloaded windows media creation tool and did direct upgrade to windows 10. My laptop is upgraded to Win 10 but it is not getting activated. Found the following activation issue -...