Windows 10: How to upgrade from windows 8.1 (not activated) to windows 10 (I have win 10 key )?

Discus and support How to upgrade from windows 8.1 (not activated) to windows 10 (I have win 10 key )? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Cant find how to do that , all tutorials require activated windows 8.1 ... submitted by /u/savvasr200 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/savvasr200, Apr 2, 2024.

1. How to upgrade from windows 8.1 (not activated) to windows 10 (I have win 10 key )?

Cant find how to do that , all tutorials require activated windows 8.1 ...

submitted by /u/savvasr200
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/savvasr200, Apr 2, 2024

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Apr 2, 2024
  3. windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Apr 2, 2024
  4. Aquinus Win User

How to upgrade from windows 8.1 (not activated) to windows 10 (I have win 10 key )?

windows 10 key

You need to upgrade the first time around. Once you upgrade, you can use that key for a clean installation. I've done 2 clean installations with my Windows 7 key since I upgraded to 10 the first time around.

Aquinus, Apr 2, 2024
Thema:

How to upgrade from windows 8.1 (not activated) to windows 10 (I have win 10 key )?

1. How to upgrade from windows 8.1 (not activated) to windows 10 (I have win 10 key )? - Similar Threads - upgrade activated key

2. how to upgrade from window 8 to window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to upgrade from window 8 to window 10: my laptop keeps informing me to upgrade to window 10 but when i tried, the system says i cant upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-from-window-8-to-window-10/2890728e-2cdd-4219-b6b6-4b884b427f7d
  3. how to upgrade from window 8 to window 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to upgrade from window 8 to window 10: my laptop keeps informing me to upgrade to window 10 but when i tried, the system says i cant upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-from-window-8-to-window-10/2890728e-2cdd-4219-b6b6-4b884b427f7d
  4. upgrade from win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from win 8 to win 10: hi can I upgrade my win 8 on a tablet samsung Ativ tab3 to win 10 thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-8-to-win-10/61700be7-585e-4c5c-8493-1a14befff78e
  5. Activating Windows 10 upgraded from Win 8 on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 upgraded from Win 8 on a new laptop: Hi, I can't activate a retail copy of Win 10 Home Single Language on a new laptop. My old device's CMD lists the Win 10 copy as 'Retail channel', bought in a reputable store where I purchased my old laptop, and it was upgraded from Win 8 for free in 2016. I have...
  6. cant upgrade from win 8 to win 10

cant upgrade from win 8 to win 10: 1. I have bought a genuine key of wins 10 pro 2. I had downloaded windows upgrade assistant and it started its work and after downlaoding 100% it says windows needs your attention on this ……. the following app is not compatible with windows uninstall it manually but...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade from win 8 Stuck

Windows 10 upgrade from win 8 Stuck: You won't find this laptop in either of my specs and falls in the "sure I'll take a look at it" family category. My Nephew's Gateway NE56R48u was being upgraded to 10 when the upgrade hung in one of those moments that the machine needed to restart itself. The screen stayed...
  8. Windows 10 Activation from win7/8 key

Windows 10 Activation from win7/8 key: Hey everyone, been lurking this forum for a while and thought id post this one to hopefully clear this question up. We all know that if you have a win7/8 installation, then its just a matter of upgrading it when the final release lands by using the little windows app next...
  9. How to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8

How to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8: I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 after it unwittingly started an upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8. I disliked the appearance of Windows 8.1 so upgraded from there to Windows 10. I hoped to continue using Windows 8 on my desktop - I like its appearance, it has been...
  10. Windows 10 Key after upgrading from Windows 8

Windows 10 Key after upgrading from Windows 8: I have been subscribed to the insider preview and had all the builds of Win 10 as they have been released when Win 10 went RTM I unsubscribed and installed Win 8 Pro and registered using my legit Win 8 Pro key afterwards I upgraded to Win 10 RTM from Microsoft updates and...