Windows 10: how to upgrade my co-worker's windows 10 home to 10 pro when i purchased the license using...

Discus and support how to upgrade my co-worker's windows 10 home to 10 pro when i purchased the license using... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; 1. a co-worker's computer with windows 10 home need to upgrade to 10 pro 2. i purchased an upgrade license from Microsoft store with my Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by denis king, Jul 17, 2019.

1. how to upgrade my co-worker's windows 10 home to 10 pro when i purchased the license using...

1. a co-worker's computer with windows 10 home need to upgrade to 10 pro

2. i purchased an upgrade license from Microsoft store with my Microsoft account (my hotmail acct)

3. i received a receipt from Microsoft store saying the order is completed but no product key attached or links

4. how do i upgrade my co-worker's computer to 10 pro

5. it is a new purchase yesterday and my computer that i placed the purchase has windows 10 pro

6. his email is not a Microsoft account

7. my Microsoft account shows the purchase completed but does not have a link or product key or link to download or activate

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

denis king, Jul 17, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Jul 17, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

how to upgrade my co-worker's windows 10 home to 10 pro when i purchased the license using...

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

how to upgrade my co-worker's windows 10 home to 10 pro when i purchased the license using...

1. how to upgrade my co-worker's windows 10 home to 10 pro when i purchased the license using... - Similar Threads - upgrade worker's home

2. where to purchase upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    where to purchase upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro: Having problems getting to location to upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro. Everything states goto the Microsoft store which I do, then windows, then I get lost in options not related to the upgrade. It wants to upgrade me from previous versions of windows instead of...
  3. Upgraded Windows 10 Home, using my Windows 8.1 Pro license, ended up with Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded Windows 10 Home, using my Windows 8.1 Pro license, ended up with Windows 10 Enterprise: Has anyone run into this problem or know how to get my Windows 10 Enterprise setting back to Window 10 Pro? Or should I simple use Windows 10 Enterprise as is? My concern is did Windows 10 Enterprise get installed or did Window 10 Pro install and the wrong information is...
  4. how do I move a windows ten pro license to upgrade a windows 10 home license?

how do I move a windows ten pro license to upgrade a windows 10 home license?: how do I move a windows ten pro license to upgrade a windows 10 home license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-a-windows-ten-pro-license-to-upgrade/dd8e9fc4-5803-42af-9f02-9e9389a12179"
  5. Upgrade license ownership - Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade license ownership - Windows 10 Home to Pro: We have multiple company (~10) computers that were bought and brought into use with Windows 10 Home. I have been upgrading them to Windows 10 Pro (to allow them to be joined to the Azure AD) via the windows store as it appeared to be the cheapest solution that we could be...
  6. How to purchase a Windows 10 license.

How to purchase a Windows 10 license.: From a questionable retailer I got an upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 on my second-hand Dell Vostro 1520 laptop. Nine months later I'm suddenly seeing "Activate Windows" messages onscreen. Also, the following showed up on one of my Microsoft account pages:...
  7. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade purchase/refund questions.

Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade purchase/refund questions.: I just bought a new laptop that came with win 1 0home, which I immediately bought the upgrade to Win10 Pro. but less than a week into owning the new laptop, it developed a hardware issue that required me to return the unit. will the upgrade I bought work on the replacement...
  8. Trying to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Nonprofit License (VLSC)

Trying to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Nonprofit License (VLSC): I am a volunteer for a nonprofit. I have completed to process of verifying their 501c(3) status. I have access to techsoup and MS Vlsc and have them setup with O365 online. They recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10 home. I would like to upgrade it to windows...
  9. Will I retain Window 10 Home license if I upgrade it to pro edition?

Will I retain Window 10 Home license if I upgrade it to pro edition?: I have two licenses one Home edition and one pro edition. If I upgrade home edition to pro edition can I install home edition on another computer?...
  10. Windows 10 Home (Digital License) upgrade to Windows 10 Pro (License key)

Windows 10 Home (Digital License) upgrade to Windows 10 Pro (License key): I'm trying to upgrade my Windows 10 Home, which came installed on my HP Omen 15 But, return this error: The last product key (ID: xxxx) you entered can't be used on this copy of Windows (0x803FA067) Does this mean that the key that I previously bought and used on another...