Windows 10: How to Upgrade My Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail Without Clean Reinstall?

Discus and support How to Upgrade My Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail Without Clean Reinstall? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Acer lappy is running on Windows 10 Home Single Language v1909 activated with OEM key. However, now I want to upgrade it to Windows 10 Pro Edition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zyv2, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Zyv2 Win User

How to Upgrade My Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail Without Clean Reinstall?

My Acer lappy is running on Windows 10 Home Single Language v1909 activated with OEM key. However, now I want to upgrade it to Windows 10 Pro Edition with the retail key I purchased from legitimate online retailer, but their instruction for the upgrade is to do a clean reinstall using this tool provided by Microsoft itself and install the unactivated Windows I honestly don't know if this step was necessary or not at all. I DO NOT want to reinstall my Windows 10 because I'm worried that something might screw up.

And yes, everything I want it done on the same laptop. I'm not switching to a new laptop or PC.

I found one quite latest similar and useful thread here. It seems mentioned nothing about clean reinstall. Is this the way I should do it or no?

:)

Zyv2, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Feb 8, 2020
  4. How to Upgrade My Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail Without Clean Reinstall?

Still possible to upgrade to Windows 10

I confirm.
    Did several clean installs on laptops at work not too long ago. All had a regular consumer win7 Pro key (non-CSM). Never-ever used for upgrading or previous clean installations of Windows 10.
    Installed W10 Pro 1709. Every single key was accepted activated right away.

I think the only thing that's not available now is a Windows 10 Upgrade assistant (or whatever it's called).

silentbogo, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

How to Upgrade My Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail Without Clean Reinstall?

1. How to Upgrade My Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail Without Clean Reinstall? - Similar Threads - Upgrade Home OEM

2. how to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without complete reinstall?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without complete reinstall?: How to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without a complete reinstall of Windows 11?In other words: how to make the Windows 11 home dependant on the Motherboard?We have to change a new MoBo , that has to be exchanged for a bit stronger one.Windows 11 home...
  3. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail: I have a Windows 10 Home OEM PC. Where I will change the product key to Windows 10 Pro Retail which I purchased separately.This Windows 10 Pro Retail I will migrate to another PC and setup in VM in the future.After the migration can I reinstall back the Windows 10 Home OEM on...
  4. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail: I have a Windows 10 Home OEM PC. Where I will change the product key to Windows 10 Pro Retail which I purchased separately.This Windows 10 Pro Retail I will migrate to another PC and setup in VM in the future.After the migration can I reinstall back the Windows 10 Home OEM on...
  5. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop that came with Windows 10 Home OEM. I want to upgrade toWindows 10 Pro Retail, so that I can move it to future computers when I retire this one. Can I simply purchaseWindows 10 Pro Retail and insert that Retail license key into the change product...
  7. Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail: I have Windows 10 Pro Retail license previously in my old PC (own build) and now I bought a new Dell PC with Windows 10 Home OEM installed. How can I upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM in the Dell PC with Windows 10 Pro license from another PC? I don't use the old PC (own build)...
  8. OEM Home to PRO Retail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OEM Home to PRO Retail: I recently bought a Professional Retail Licence. After I the 1903 Update, I decided to perform clean install by using USB Drive. I added ei.cfg [EditionID] Professional [Channel] Retail [VL] 0 I also add pid.txt to automate install, After installation is complete. I...
  9. Windows 10 upgrade or clean install - Retail vs OEM?

Windows 10 upgrade or clean install - Retail vs OEM?: Hi New here - sorry if not in right section. Basically, I have a fresh unused Win 8.1 (non pro) retail boxed licence that I'm thinking of using to get Windows 10 Home before the free upgrade expires. I was thinking of performing a clean install of Win 10 and activating...
  10. Windows 7 Pro Retail upgrades to Windows 10 Pro OEM?!

Windows 7 Pro Retail upgrades to Windows 10 Pro OEM?!: Hello, I current have Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit installed from a Retail (not OEM) copy. If I read the tutorials correctly, I understand that if I install the free upgrade to Windows 10, there is no product key and it is tied to my hardware. Even if I create install media,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 oem to retail without reinstall