Windows 10: How to upgrade photos app using SCCM package

Discus and support How to upgrade photos app using SCCM package in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, We have several machines in our organization that are running an older version (2018.x.x) of Microsoft Photos app. I am trying to get Photos... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BadScat, Jun 7, 2019.

1. BadScat Win User

How to upgrade photos app using SCCM package

Hello,

We have several machines in our organization that are running an older version (2018.x.x) of Microsoft Photos app. I am trying to get Photos app updated to latest version (2019.x.x) which has new video features but the problem I am facing is that our company does not allow machines to download updates over internet for MS Store apps. I am trying to find an alternate way to do so and I have searched the internet but didn't find anything.

Is there a way to get the app updated other than to do this from the MS Store? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

BadScat, Jun 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 photo app

Hi Ralph & Barbara,

We suggest that you reset Windows Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of the folder.
    Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Jun 7, 2019
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Jun 7, 2019
  4. How to upgrade photos app using SCCM package

Windows 10 Photos App not working

Hi Jefferson,

I have performed a restoration on the Photos app package using the PowerShell command above. My Photos app is still not working.

mezziah187, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

How to upgrade photos app using SCCM package

1. How to upgrade photos app using SCCM package - Similar Threads - upgrade photos app

2. MECM/SCCM - Deployment Packages Failing to Distribute - CSendFileAction::SendFiles failed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MECM/SCCM - Deployment Packages Failing to Distribute - CSendFileAction::SendFiles failed...: Hi all,I have seen loads of forum posts with this issue with various answers to the problem - all of which I have tried which don't seem to resolve the issue.We are intermittently having an issues with distributing our Deployment Packages - the main culprit for this has been...
  3. MECM/SCCM - Deployment Packages Failing to Distribute - CSendFileAction::SendFiles failed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MECM/SCCM - Deployment Packages Failing to Distribute - CSendFileAction::SendFiles failed...: Hi all,I have seen loads of forum posts with this issue with various answers to the problem - all of which I have tried which don't seem to resolve the issue.We are intermittently having an issues with distributing our Deployment Packages - the main culprit for this has been...
  4. unable to use photo app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to use photo app: My Windows Photo app is not working at all. All pictures shows black image and sometimes it hangs and closes the app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-use-photo-app/6c880da1-b0ab-4524-bfed-40f4700b05bb
  5. unable to use photo app

unable to use photo app: My Windows Photo app is not working at all. All pictures shows black image and sometimes it hangs and closes the app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-use-photo-app/6c880da1-b0ab-4524-bfed-40f4700b05bb
  6. Problem printing photos using the Photos App

Problem printing photos using the Photos App: When I try to print individual photos from File Explorer, it opens a typical printing screen using the Photos App to select the paper, size, etc. The problem is that the headings and some menu selections appear in some Cyrillic language Russian? Ukranian? other?. This happens...
  7. Using Photos App with a NAS

Using Photos App with a NAS: Hello, I have recently tried using the photos app for the 1st time. I have all my photos stored on a Synology DS1517+ NAS. When I add my photos folder to the photos app, only the pictures in the main folder are displayed. All photos within subfolders do not populate....
  8. How to Use Microsoft Photos app

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Use Microsoft Photos app: I want to start using the photo app but idk, how to use it. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-microsoft-photos-app/12f2f91e-54ed-4529-a9d6-897a941518d4
  9. Using photo app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using photo app: I have limited experience with this app in Windows 10. I created an album and want to review the photos to select for distribution. I am only able to see in a slideshow format. Frustrated. Help. Thank you...
  10. Using Microsoft Photos app

Using Microsoft Photos app: How do I learn to use the new photo program called 'Photos' that has replaced Picture Manager? I can't figure it out! ***Original title: How to use Microsoft 'Photos'***...