Windows 10: How to upgrade security certificates on mail server

Discus and support How to upgrade security certificates on mail server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to send an email on my live mail account, I receive a message that states that my server has an unrecognizable security certificate. How do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fred_963, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Fred_963 Win User

How to upgrade security certificates on mail server

When I try to send an email on my live mail account, I receive a message that states that my server has an unrecognizable security certificate. How do you resolve this issue?

:)

Fred_963, Nov 7, 2018

2. e60 & Security Certificates

When Mail for Exchange connects to a server using a secure connection, it is best if the device has the same root certificate installed that has been used to issue the server certificate. Otherwise the device will prompt the user about an untrusted certificate
    every time a connection is made to the server. This may happen several times daily, sometimes only minutes between.

Nokia devices come with many certificates pre-installed. These can be viewed by using Menu-Tools-Settings-Security-Certif._management. If a certificate issued by one of these certificates is used on the server, no additional certificates are required on the
    device.

If a certificate that can not be validated with the device’s pre-installed certificates is used, for example a certificate that has been self-created, the root certificate that has been used to issue the server certificate must be installed on all devices the
    administrator deploys.

In the case of a self-signed server certificate, the root certificate is the same as the server certificate since there is no certificate chain. The server certificate is the one that should be installed.

Before installation the administrator must convert the certificate to a format the Nokia device supports.

For the experienced admin, this statement can be followed: A server’s root certificate must be converted to ‘DER encoded binary X.509’ format.

Step 1: Obtain the root (not intermediate) certificate for the server in base64 format. This should look something like this:

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----

VQQGEwJaQTEiMCAGA1UECBMZRk9SIFRFU1RJTkcgUF

VSUE9TRVMgT05MWTEdMBsGRVNUMRwwGgYDVQQDExNU

aGF3dGUgVGVzdCBDQSBSb290MB4XDTA1MTEwNzExMj

...removed lines....

BgEFBQcBAQQmMCQwIgYIKwYBBQUHMAGGFmh0dHA6Ly

FLgsY+QtxYo=

-----END CERTIFICATE-----

Step 2: Cut and paste this into notepad and save (or rename) this file with “.cer” extension, i.e.

Step 3: On a Windows PC (XP is used here), double-click the file you created. A Certificate application will start after several seconds. There are three tabs (General, Details, and Certification Path). Select the ‘Details’ tab.

Now press ‘Copy to File…’ button to start the ‘Certificate Export Wizard’. Press ‘Next’. Now select ‘DER encoded binary X.509 (.CER)’ and press ‘Next’. Continue to save the file with any name like . Make sure the filename has a ‘.cer’ extension.

Step 4: Get this file to the device via any means (email, Bluetooth, memory card, etc.). Find the file on the device and select it. If these steps were followed correctly, the device will start to import the certificate. Follow prompts and when asked, check
    the boxes for both ‘Internet’ and ‘Online cert. checking’.

Result: You should see a new certificate installed in the device’s Security management list.

Otherwise, the phone will display an error about file format not being supported. If this happens, the certificate has not been imported.

m4e_team_j, Nov 7, 2018
  3. security certificate

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to know if this issue occur on Different Web browsers too?

I would suggest you to try the following steps, when you access secured website you may get this error message.

1. Open Internet Explorer and verify that the page you are trying to view is listing a certificate error.

2. To clear the certificate error goes to Tools --> Internet Options from the menu of IE 11.

3. Click on the advanced tab and scroll down to the security section. Clear the boxes for: "Check for publisher's certificate revocation" and "Check for server certificate revocation".

4. Click Apply and Ok.

5. Attempt to reload the page by clicking the Refresh button at the end of the address bar or by pressing the F5 key. Your page should now load as expected.

This error can be cause by the SSL certificate of the website – maybe it was not issued by a trusted Certification Authority on the client side. It could even be an attempt to fool you or intercept data you send to the server. Or maybe the certificate has
    expired.

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/931850

I would suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps:

Certificate errors: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/certificate-errors-faq#ie=ie-11

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Swathi Ravichandran, Nov 7, 2018
  4. How to upgrade security certificates on mail server

E65 - Mail for Exchange with Security

Hi all,

I am trying to set up Mail for Exchange on my E65 using the security function.

Mail for Exchange v2 is installed.

It all works fine when security is not installed.

My company uses Exchange Server 2003 and have a certificate published on a https webpage

To install certificate on PCs we do the following:

a) go to https://mail.domain.com in Internet Explorer

b) On this site, we view the certificate and then install it onto the PC.

From my phone, I cannot do this. When I try to go to this site, it says:

Web: Unable to perform operation

When I try to maually transfer certificate to my phone, when I click on the .cer file, it says:

File Manager: Feature not supported

Does anyone know how to set up Mail for Exchange v2 on the e65 (or any similar phone) with the security enabled.

A step by step procedure or even suggestions are welcome.

the_green_ant---01, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

How to upgrade security certificates on mail server

1. How to upgrade security certificates on mail server - Similar Threads - upgrade security certificates

2. How to check SQL server certificate information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to check SQL server certificate information: We have a software running with SQL server 2012 Express embedded.We check "sys.dm_exec_connections", and find that the connection between the software and the SQL server has been encrypted "encrypt_option"="TRUE".Now we want to know the SSL certificate information for the...
  3. How to check SQL server certificate information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to check SQL server certificate information: We have a software running with SQL server 2012 Express embedded.We check "sys.dm_exec_connections", and find that the connection between the software and the SQL server has been encrypted "encrypt_option"="TRUE".Now we want to know the SSL certificate information for the...
  4. Server Root Certificate?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Server Root Certificate?: Hello,I have had serious network issues in my home. Former neighbor installed Pineapple in wall before he left. Anyways, I have a HP Omen running windows 10 Pro. It appears somebody has access to the PC by way of remote connection. PC acts as a server. I noticed a “Root...
  5. security certificate not verified.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    security certificate not verified.: I use outlook for my emails. When I send the first email of the day a dialogue box appears stating that the server I am connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified. It states the target principal name is incorrect. Is this a problem with my system...
  6. Certificate security

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certificate security: I have noticed my computers are acting weird. Anti-malware has been run on both computers. My laptop started a download called "ELERA". This is said to be a touch pad driver however this is not the case. My desktop has an usual traffic as well there, applications are opening...
  7. security certificate

security certificate: I keep getting a security certificate warning because the one I have is outdated. How do I get a current one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-certificate/50fb16c8-dc1a-402f-8283-d483aaf7eeef"
  8. Security Certificate

Security Certificate: I think I have been scammed by a business. They supposedly help me when my computer has issues. They called and said {and showed me} that I have all of these error messages because my security certificate has expired. They want a rather hefty sum to reinstate my certificate....
  9. invalid security certificate

invalid security certificate: Since updating Windows 10 Nov 2018, I have had internet connection problems. Now I have invalid security certificate and can't connect to the Internet via wifi or Ethernet connection. I can't find a solution to the problem. I've tried running troubleshooter but no luck. I...
  10. How To Create A VPN Server Certificate?

How To Create A VPN Server Certificate?: I have one VPN Client that uses SSTP connection to my VPN Server, but it requires a certificate from the VPN Server and i don't know how to create it. I have this error 0x800B0109: "A Certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not...