Windows 10: How to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8

Discus and support How to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 after it unwittingly started an upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8. I disliked the appearance of Windows 8.1 so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bob Hawkins, Jun 30, 2016.

1. How to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8

I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 after it unwittingly started an upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8. I disliked the appearance of Windows 8.1 so upgraded from there to Windows 10. I hoped to continue using Windows 8 on my desktop - I like its appearance, it has been stable, never caused any issues and I resent not having some control over Windows updates. An optional update this morning informed me that security updates were no longer available for Windows 8, however. I must upgrade to Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. Must I upgrade to Windows 8.1 before upgrading to Windows 10 or is there a direct route? What is the best process for me to follow?
    I have this site: How to Upgrade to Windows 10 - Microsoft.

:)

Bob Hawkins, Jun 30, 2016

2. Windows Defender won't start, error 0X80070246: "An error has occurred in the program during initialization"

Yes, and I' ve done a lot more to try to fix this. I reinstalled at Recovery. I need an .iso for the latest build available and MSFT mistakenly witholds them for no good reason.

Win 8 to 10, Jun 30, 2016
  3. Windows Defender won't start, error 0X80070246: "An error has occurred in the program during initialization"

Windows Defender Won't Start and Run

1) Start and Restart are grayed out in services.msc

2) I get Error Code 0X80070246: "An error has occurred in the program during initialization.

3) I don't have any other antivirus. I consider two at once poor practice.

None ot the other threads are any help and MSFT won't support this by phone without a bundle of money paid to them for shipping a broken product in the first place. I also think if you're providing feedback carefully for over a year in the Insider
    program, and the forums can't help you ought to be entitled to phone support when something is vexingly broken and you can't find a solution on the forums.

Gabe could fix these problems by providing .isos for every build.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for any help

Win 8 to 10, Jun 30, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

How to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8

No need to update to 8.1.

Download iso from link, double click on it whilst running windows 8 and run setup.exe.

Windows 10

Recommend you make an image backup first.

Backup valuable data as a minimum.

Run showkeyplus (see apps section in this forum) to make sure you know your 8.0 key and make a careful note somewhere for future reference.

cereberus, Jun 30, 2016
Thema:

How to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8

1. How to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8 - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 11 Pro: I have Windows 7 loaded on a PC and want to install a new Windows 11 Pro Upgrade. What I've researched guides me to open Settings. I don't have that on my PC. It's an older PC so any ideas of how to upload the new Windows 11?...
  3. Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 11 Pro: I have Windows 7 loaded on a PC and want to install a new Windows 11 Pro Upgrade. What I've researched guides me to open Settings. I don't have that on my PC. It's an older PC so any ideas of how to upload the new Windows 11?...
  4. Upgrading to Windows 11 with a complete change in hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 with a complete change in hardware: I am currently using Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7. As I wanted to upgrade to a new Hardware so as to install Windows 11 with the free upgrade. How can I do that? New hardware does not allow Window 7 to be installed to restart the upgrade....
  5. Upgrading to Windows 11 with a complete change in hardware

Upgrading to Windows 11 with a complete change in hardware: I am currently using Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7. As I wanted to upgrade to a new Hardware so as to install Windows 11 with the free upgrade. How can I do that? New hardware does not allow Window 7 to be installed to restart the upgrade....
  6. My new window 10. I want to upgrade to new window.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new window 10. I want to upgrade to new window.: Dear sir i want to new window upgrade plz * Changed to a question Original title: My new window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-new-window-10-i-want-to-upgrade-to-new-window/c87d6579-5c93-4c4b-9ed1-ceec96adfd17
  7. My new window 10. I want to upgrade to new window.

My new window 10. I want to upgrade to new window.: Dear sir i want to new window upgrade plz * Changed to a question Original title: My new window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-new-window-10-i-want-to-upgrade-to-new-window/c87d6579-5c93-4c4b-9ed1-ceec96adfd17
  8. My new window 10. I want to upgrade to new window.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. My game bar is refusing to open after upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My game bar is refusing to open after upgrade to windows 11: just refuses to open at all. gives me the spinning loading circle and then vanishes. tried gpedit, regedit, repair install of windows, redownload of everything xbox, sfc scannow and some powershell commands which didnt even detect xbox as a program. spoke to actual xbox...
  10. My game bar is refusing to open after upgrade to windows 11

My game bar is refusing to open after upgrade to windows 11: just refuses to open at all. gives me the spinning loading circle and then vanishes. tried gpedit, regedit, repair install of windows, redownload of everything xbox, sfc scannow and some powershell commands which didnt even detect xbox as a program. spoke to actual xbox...