Windows 10: How to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8

Discus and support How to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 after it unwittingly started an upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8. I disliked the appearance of Windows 8.1 so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bob Hawkins, Jun 30, 2016.

1. How to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8

I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 after it unwittingly started an upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8. I disliked the appearance of Windows 8.1 so upgraded from there to Windows 10. I hoped to continue using Windows 8 on my desktop - I like its appearance, it has been stable, never caused any issues and I resent not having some control over Windows updates. An optional update this morning informed me that security updates were no longer available for Windows 8, however. I must upgrade to Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. Must I upgrade to Windows 8.1 before upgrading to Windows 10 or is there a direct route? What is the best process for me to follow?
    I have this site: How to Upgrade to Windows 10 - Microsoft.

:)

Bob Hawkins, Jun 30, 2016

2. Windows Defender won't start, error 0X80070246: "An error has occurred in the program during initialization"

Yes, and I' ve done a lot more to try to fix this. I reinstalled at Recovery. I need an .iso for the latest build available and MSFT mistakenly witholds them for no good reason.

Win 8 to 10, Jun 30, 2016
  3. Windows Defender won't start, error 0X80070246: "An error has occurred in the program during initialization"

Windows Defender Won't Start and Run

1) Start and Restart are grayed out in services.msc

2) I get Error Code 0X80070246: "An error has occurred in the program during initialization.

3) I don't have any other antivirus. I consider two at once poor practice.

None ot the other threads are any help and MSFT won't support this by phone without a bundle of money paid to them for shipping a broken product in the first place. I also think if you're providing feedback carefully for over a year in the Insider
    program, and the forums can't help you ought to be entitled to phone support when something is vexingly broken and you can't find a solution on the forums.

Gabe could fix these problems by providing .isos for every build.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for any help

Win 8 to 10, Jun 30, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

How to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8

No need to update to 8.1.

Download iso from link, double click on it whilst running windows 8 and run setup.exe.

Windows 10

Recommend you make an image backup first.

Backup valuable data as a minimum.

Run showkeyplus (see apps section in this forum) to make sure you know your 8.0 key and make a careful note somewhere for future reference.

cereberus, Jun 30, 2016
Thema:

How to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8

1. How to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8 - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure: A bit of conflict between a windows 10 upgrading to windows 11 update failure discovered while attempting to install McAfee Scanning Tool. Windows error: This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements. The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11....
  3. Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure: A bit of conflict between a windows 10 upgrading to windows 11 update failure discovered while attempting to install McAfee Scanning Tool. Windows error: This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements. The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11....
  4. Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade Issue: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11, but the PC health check states, "The processor isn't currently supported for windows 11." However, the processor appears in the list of Microsoft Windows 10 22H2 Supported Intel Processors. How can this be that I cannot upgrade if my...
  6. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue

Windows 11 Upgrade Issue: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11, but the PC health check states, "The processor isn't currently supported for windows 11." However, the processor appears in the list of Microsoft Windows 10 22H2 Supported Intel Processors. How can this be that I cannot upgrade if my...
  7. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How can I upgrade my Windows 8.1 computer to Windows 11 now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I upgrade my Windows 8.1 computer to Windows 11 now?: I know I have to purchase Windows 10 and upgrade to it, then use the free upgrade to Windows 11, but I don’t know how to safely do this, and where to legally/safely purchase Windows 10.Thanks...
  9. How can I upgrade my Windows 8.1 computer to Windows 11 now?

How can I upgrade my Windows 8.1 computer to Windows 11 now?: I know I have to purchase Windows 10 and upgrade to it, then use the free upgrade to Windows 11, but I don’t know how to safely do this, and where to legally/safely purchase Windows 10.Thanks...
  10. How to upgrade window 7 pro to window 10 ?

How to upgrade window 7 pro to window 10 ?: Recently i need to install some software and found it not compatible with my osWindow 7 Pro, then i search thought the microsoft Community regarding update to window 10 from window 7 pro. Unfortunately the "Create Windows 10 installation media" not work for my case. i keep...