Windows 10: How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro After SSD Failure?

Discus and support How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro After SSD Failure? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store in December 2019 and upgraded my new computer. Last week the SSD drive failed and the local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WilliamMichael1, Apr 5, 2022.

1. How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro After SSD Failure?

I purchased Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store in December 2019 and upgraded my new computer. Last week the SSD drive failed and the local computer store installed a new SSD drive and Windows 10 Home. My Microsoft account shows the computer with the previous computer name and indicates that it has Win 10 Pro. How do I install Pro on the repaired computer without having to buy a new copy? I looked at the Microsoft Store email receipt details and I couldn't find a license key. I assume that I have to remove the device from my Microsoft account and then add it back again so that it can

:)

WilliamMichael1, Apr 5, 2022
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 5, 2022
  3. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 5, 2022
  4. How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro After SSD Failure?

Cant get Win 10 to upgrade to Pro after HD failure

Hi Christopher,

You can upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro by using Windows 10 Pro digital license or product key. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Did your device came with Windows 8 pre-installed?
    • What is the make and model of your Windows device?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article to

upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

In case that you'll experience an activation issue, we recommend that you follow the steps on this article:

Using the Activation troubleshooter
    . Choose the method that fits to your situation.

We will look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Apr 5, 2022
Thema:

How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro After SSD Failure?

1. How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro After SSD Failure? - Similar Threads - Upgrade Pro SSD

2. How to upgrade from HDD to SSD and upgrade from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to upgrade from HDD to SSD and upgrade from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro ?: I have Intel Core i3 10th gen laptop 4GB RAM + 1TBHDD. I have bought a 8GB RAM and a 256GB NVME SSD for upgrade my PC. Also I have bought Windows 10 Pro OEM key. My laptop came with Windows 10 Home. There are two partitions in my HDD as C - Windows and D - my personal data...
  3. How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro After SSD Failure?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro After SSD Failure?: I purchased Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store in December 2019 and upgraded my new computer. Last week the SSD drive failed and the local computer store installed a new SSD drive and Windows 10 Home. My Microsoft account shows the computer with the previous computer...
  4. How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro After SSD Failure?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro After SSD Failure?: I purchased Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store in December 2019 and upgraded my new computer. Last week the SSD drive failed and the local computer store installed a new SSD drive and Windows 10 Home. My Microsoft account shows the computer with the previous computer...
  5. Windows installation after SSD failure

Windows installation after SSD failure: Hi!PC Details:- Windows 10 Home Edition.- SSD C drive- HDD D drive- NVIDIA RTX 2080- 8 GB RAMIssue details:- After the last windows updates, I noticed that the windows freeze no clicks, nothing can be done. I had to switch off and switch on the PC. - I also noticed that any...
  6. Windows installation after SSD failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows installation after SSD failure: Hi!PC Details:- Windows 10 Home Edition.- SSD C drive- HDD D drive- NVIDIA RTX 2080- 8 GB RAMIssue details:- After the last windows updates, I noticed that the windows freeze no clicks, nothing can be done. I had to switch off and switch on the PC. - I also noticed that any...
  7. Windows installation after SSD failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Activation Failure after upgrade from Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation Failure after upgrade from Home to Pro: Complex situation:A corporate PC is on its 3rd userIt was originally an OEM machine running Windows 10 HomeIt looks like it was originally set up with a Microsoft account say *** Email address is removed for privacy *** on its 3rd user the same account is still used to sign...
  9. Windows 10 pro upgrade failure

Windows 10 pro upgrade failure: I bought windows 10 pro upgrade in the microsoft store, and started installing. But after some minutes, the installation failed with an error named '0x80070005'. So I tried to re-install it, but the install menu in the store has disappeared, and 'upgrade to pro' takes me to...
  10. Windows failure after upgrading

Windows failure after upgrading: My PC Dell Inspiron N5010 was running with win 7 and two days ago i have decide to upgrade to win 10 pro online, i did so and it was perfectly running, then second day the display was unstable with a lot of colored pixels and lines appearing on the screen and that prevent...