Windows 10: How to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro - purchased license with Dell laptop

Discus and support How to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro - purchased license with Dell laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can anyone guide me on how I can upgrade my OS on Dell Inspiron 1500 I purchased in 2016 with the 10 Pro license. I've been operating with Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SusannaShamim, Jan 13, 2020.

1. How to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro - purchased license with Dell laptop

Can anyone guide me on how I can upgrade my OS on Dell Inspiron 1500 I purchased in 2016 with the 10 Pro license. I've been operating with Windows 7 Pro downgrade option. The computer is past the extended warranty period so I can't get any help from Dell. It shows with the service tag system configuration that it has the 10 Pro license. Dell's self help library is not giving me any help. There are no hyperlinks on how to do this.

Do I have to do a clean installation which is very difficult with the amount of data and programs. I'm self employed and have a lot of information stored on this system and my Outlook files are very large. Please help as this will be very disruptive to my business.

I don't have any product key for 10 pro license? How do I do this?

Thanks,

Susanna

:)

SusannaShamim, Jan 13, 2020

2. Windows 7 license question

Hi. Is it possible to take a Windows 7 Pro license that's currently installed on a Dell laptop and move that to a Dell desktop and take the Windows 7 Home license from the Dell desktop and install that on the laptop? I would just be switching the licenses from one to another. I get conflicting answers. The desktop would have a new hard drive installed on it and more RAM. I would be doing a fresh install on BOTH machines using a legitimate bloat free Windows disk. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Jan 13, 2020
  4. How to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro - purchased license with Dell laptop

Transfer of Windows 8.1 pro retail license (upgraded from windows 7 pro oem) to other laptop

Hi,

I had Windows 7 pro oem license in my Dell XPS laptop.

During windows 8.1 launch there was upgrade offer for upgrade to Windows 8.1 pro by paying offer price for same. During windows 10 launch, it was upgraded to Windows 10 pro. But having some driver issues, i went back to Windows 8.1 pro.

Current windows 8.1 pro installation shows "Retail channel" when checked using cmd.

Now question is,

I am purchasing new Dell laptop. Can i transfer this license to that machine, since its a retail channel copy?

New laptop is already coming with Windows 10 Home.

How to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro - purchased license with Dell laptop ed8de9c9-29a8-4464-9704-a5c1ea3e77a0?upload=true.png

Pushpendra Patel, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

How to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro - purchased license with Dell laptop

1. How to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro - purchased license with Dell laptop - Similar Threads - upgrade Pro Pro

2. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I just completed a Win7 to Win10 "upgrade" on a Dell Vostro 1000 AMD Athlon 64 X2 1700. Amazingly I was able to install this OS to this laptop originally shipped in 2007 with Windows XP. Given that, I find it interesting, when I ran the Windows 10 64bit MCT installer, Windows...
  3. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I just completed a Win7 to Win10 "upgrade" on a Dell Vostro 1000 AMD Athlon 64 X2 1700. Amazingly I was able to install this OS to this laptop originally shipped in 2007 with Windows XP. Given that, I find it interesting, when I ran the Windows 10 64bit MCT installer, Windows...
  4. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro - purchased license with Dell Inspiron 3650

How to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro - purchased license with Dell Inspiron 3650: I purchased a Dell Inspiron desktop in 2018 and it came with Windows Pro 7 and indicated that it also had Windows Pro 10 but I do not find the product key when I checked the system. With the computer came a DVD of the Windows 10 Pro 64-bit operating system and says "Already...
  6. Upgrade from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro.

Upgrade from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro.: Have been given a Dell laptop that has Windows 7 pro. Updated it with my existing Office 365, then attempting to upgrade to Windows 10 pro. Seemed to have done this ok. However, on completion, I have a recurring problem. Every time I attempt to do something, laptop...
  7. How to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 pro

How to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 pro: What are the steps to upgrade to windows10 pro? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10-pro/81ab21a7-7ffc-4f8d-add7-b08a7e7ad56c
  8. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: Hello, we are using Windows 7 Pro for our company's operation in Afghanistan. Now we are planning to upgrade from 7 to 10. Is this possible to upgrade online in our region? Thank You. Rahimi...
  9. Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I let Microsoft automatically upgrade several of my computers from 7 to 10 a couple of years ago with no issues at all. I am now trying to help a friend upgrade her Windows 7 Pro to 10 Pro, but I can't seem to find anyway to avoid the $199.00 upgrade fee. That seems...
  10. How to in place upgrade window 10 pro from window 7 pro

How to in place upgrade window 10 pro from window 7 pro: Dear All our company have around 120 window 7 pro computers, and we plan to upgrading them to window 10 pro by the end of 2020, just wonder is it recommended to in place upgrade to win 10 from win 7 directly ? in this way i do not need to re-format the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mdt windows 7pro to windows 10 pro