Windows 10: How to upgrade to Windows 10 version 1909

Discus and support How to upgrade to Windows 10 version 1909 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released the November 2019 security and non-security updates yesterday and along with the updates came the long-awaited Windows 10 version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 13, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

How to upgrade to Windows 10 version 1909

Microsoft released the November 2019 security and non-security updates yesterday and along with the updates came the long-awaited Windows 10 version 1909.

Microsoft published a blog post on the official Windows Experience blog in which Windows Servicing and Delivery Director of Program Management John Cable explained how customers get the update.

The explanation suggests that system administrators may run a manual search for updates on devices so that the new version of Windows 10 is returned.

Beginning today, the November Update is available for customers seeking to install the latest release. If you are ready to install the update, open your Windows Update settings (Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update) and select Check for updates. Once the update appears, you can select Download and install now.

What Cable fails to mention is that there are prerequisites and that Windows 10 version 1909 may not be offered at first or at all when a manual update check is started on the system.

Cable does mention that "compatibility issues and a safeguard hold" may prevent the delivery of the update to systems.

If the update check is successful, the "feature update to Windows 10, version 1909" should be listed on the Windows Update page. If Windows 10 version 1903 is the installed version, it is listed separately on the page.

How to upgrade to Windows 10 version 1909 feature-update-windows-10-1909.png

Admins need to activate the "download and install" button to install the new feature update for Windows 10 on the device.

Windows 10 version 1909 requires an update that unlocks the new feature update on the device. If the prerequisite is not installed, the feature update is not offered on the device even if there are not any compatibility issues.

Günter Born suggests that KB4517245 is the required update but it appears that the latest cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1903, KB4524570, may work as well.

Basically, what administrators need to do is install the available updates for Windows 10 version 1903 to receive the update offer to Windows 10 version 1909 afterwards.

The updating should be quick and similarly to the installation of cumulative updates for the operating system. A restart is required and administrators may verify the version by running winver from Start.

How to upgrade to Windows 10 version 1909 windows-10-version-1909.png

What about pre-Windows 10 version 1903 systems?

Home and Pro editions of Windows 10 version 1803 won't be serviced anymore after November 12, 2019; these systems need to be updated. Windows 10 version 1809 is still supported for another six months but administrators may upgrade devices running this version of Windows 10 as well.

The path is not as straightforward as it is for Windows 10 version 1903. Systems that run older versions of Windows 10 will be offered a full feature update (via Windows Search) instead of just a cumulative update; this means that the updating will take longer and that there is more room for errors.

It seems likely that the update will be made available gradually to users; those who cannot wait may upgrade manually to the new version.

Now You: Have you upgraded already?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post How to upgrade to Windows 10 version 1909 appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Barman58 Win User

1909 in the offing?

My thoughts on updating older revisions

The version being offered in the Autumn (fall) is to be mainly a bug fix, but some features may also be altered or added, Not as many as has been previously but it is more of a hybrid between a feature upgrade and a Bug Fix Update than a regular "Bug Fix Update"

I would have to assume that someone running an older revision of Windows 10 would be updated using just the installer for 1909, as I am assuming that the 1909 Download will be capable of installing to a bare disk, If the upgrade is through WU I would assume that the process would install the latest revision of all the changes from the Base install being upgraded

A totally forced manual install (Upgrade) of 1909, where Microsoft does not consider the system ready / suitable would possibly need a step by step approach installing the intermediate Revisions, correcting these, to work with the system, and then moving on to the next . In this case a fresh install would possibly be the best way, but may be rejected for the reasons for Microsoft deciding not to upgrade

Barman58, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

1. How to upgrade to Windows 10 version 1909 - Similar Threads - upgrade version 1909

2. Unable to upgrade Window 10 Version 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to upgrade Window 10 Version 1909: Have not been able to upgrade Windows 10 since 1909. Currently failing repeatedly on 21H1 with error 0xc1900101. I have also repeatedly done all MS recommended fixes EXCEPT uninstalling numerous drivers and reinstalling them. There are NO driver conflicts in my device...
  3. Unable to upgrade Window 10 Version 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to upgrade Window 10 Version 1909: Have not been able to upgrade Windows 10 since 1909. Currently failing repeatedly on 21H1 with error 0xc1900101. I have also repeatedly done all MS recommended fixes EXCEPT uninstalling numerous drivers and reinstalling them. There are NO driver conflicts in my device...
  4. Unable to upgrade Window 10 Version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrading to Windows 10 version 1909

Upgrading to Windows 10 version 1909: Hi... I am faced with upgrading our corporate computers to Windows 10 1909 from 1809. The reboot sequence take 17-20 minutes. Is there a way to cute that time any further. Thx G...
  6. Upgrade to version 1909

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgrade to version 1909: Yo, Microsoft, When I check for updates there is a note saying version 1909 is ready and to download and install. Then I see status: getting things ready. Next I see "You're up to date". But I'm not. I am still on version 1903. I have gone through this routine several...
  7. Upgrade windows 10 version 1903 to version 1909

Upgrade windows 10 version 1903 to version 1909: Hi May someone help me to do correct update version? I made a usb bootable flash that has to update current version 1903 to new version1909.while try to boot,when i choose option to no files be delet, error say update is not pissible thrue update with media storage!!...
  8. upgrade to Windows 10 Version 1909

upgrade to Windows 10 Version 1909: Cannot upgrade my HP Pavilion HPE to Windows version 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-windows-10-version-1909/505860b0-ab6a-4fe9-897f-c002eeaf3a31
  9. Upgrade to version 1909 problem.

Upgrade to version 1909 problem.: Hi! I try to updates my computer into the latest of version windows 101909 the update download perfectly when I restart the computer to install the update it installs until it hits nearly 30% then the computer restarts and show the message ""Undoing changes to your...
  10. upgrade to Windows 10 version 1909

upgrade to Windows 10 version 1909: I am very confused on how to do this! For the last two months their has been an optional update for version 1909 but I heard people were having trouble with the download so I did not do it. I decided that I want to do it so what do I need to do? Will my computer upgrade to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. best way to upgrade 1903 to 1909

2. how long does it take to download 1909 version of microsoft 10

3. force win 10 to version 1909

4. how long does it take to complete window 10 version 1909 update,
  5. force 1909 install,
  6. how long will windows 10 upgrade 1909 take 2020,
  7. indows 10 version1803 upgrade to 1909 fails at 60%. windows could not configure one or more system components,
  8. how long should the windows 10 update for version 1909 take to get ready,
  9. what is perventing me from updating to windows 1909,
  10. win 10 i do not get version 1909,
  11. where is the full version of 1909 noas downloaded????t 1903,
  12. upgrade windows 10 professional 1803 to 1909,
  13. can not update to version 1909,
  14. upgrade 1909,
  15. how to check pc suitable upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10