Windows 10: How to upgrade to windows 11 on ASrock motherboard?

Discus and support How to upgrade to windows 11 on ASrock motherboard? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently tried to upgrade to windows 11 from 10 and used the installation assistant. Everything was working fine until the last bit and a screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by A. User, Mar 29, 2023.

1. A. User Win User

How to upgrade to windows 11 on ASrock motherboard?

I recently tried to upgrade to windows 11 from 10 and used the installation assistant. Everything was working fine until the last bit and a screen appeared saying reboot and select proper boot device. I met the system requirements by enabling TPM and secure boot. After I rebooted, it reverted to windows 10 and I tried once again but the same outcome happened. Is there any fix for this or am missing anything?Btw I am using an asrock motherboard and have bios on UEFI mode.

:)

A. User, Mar 29, 2023

2. Windows 10 and upgrading motherboard

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    Let us follow the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa (replied
    on July 26, 2015) in the following thread:

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Redirecting

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 29, 2023
  3. Can I still upgrade to Windows 11 if I change the storage drive, CPU, and motherboard?

My PC does not meet the minimum requirements to upgrade to Windows 11 (Pro). In order to accommodate this upgrade I've bought a new storage drive, CPU, and motherboard. The new drive is much faster than the other drives, so I'd like to use it to store Windows instead of the original drive.

• Is it possible to immediately activate Windows 11 after I install it on the new drive using an installation disk?
    • In case activation isn't possible because I don't own Windows 11 yet, would it work if I installed Windows 10 first and then upgraded to Windows 11 instead?
    • Or would it not activate either copy of Windows 10 or 11 because my PC isn't recognized as the original due to the changed parts?
    I would very much appreciate any help or suggestions.

skipthijssen, Mar 29, 2023
  4. How to upgrade to windows 11 on ASrock motherboard?

Upgrading to windows 11

I have a few questions about windows 11...

1. How many GB it is? when my pc suggested the upgrade yesterday, it said it's about 4GB just want to be sure.
    2. I'm using a windows 10 pro so if I upgrade, will it upgrade to a windows 11 pro?

UcheBulama, Mar 29, 2023
Thema:

How to upgrade to windows 11 on ASrock motherboard?

1. How to upgrade to windows 11 on ASrock motherboard? - Similar Threads - upgrade ASrock motherboard

2. How to upgrade to windows 11 on ASrock motherboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to upgrade to windows 11 on ASrock motherboard?: I recently tried to upgrade to windows 11 from 10 and used the installation assistant. Everything was working fine until the last bit and a screen appeared saying reboot and select proper boot device. I met the system requirements by enabling TPM and secure boot. After I...
  3. How to upgrade to windows 11 on ASrock motherboard?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to upgrade to windows 11 on ASrock motherboard?: I recently tried to upgrade to windows 11 from 10 and used the installation assistant. Everything was working fine until the last bit and a screen appeared saying reboot and select proper boot device. I met the system requirements by enabling TPM and secure boot. After I...
  4. ASRock B550 TAICHI RAZER Edition Motherboard crashing after windows 11 update KB5015732

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASRock B550 TAICHI RAZER Edition Motherboard crashing after windows 11 update KB5015732: Dear Microsoft staff, Good morning regarding the 2022-07 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 11 for x64 KB5015732. My ASRock B550 TAICHI RAZER Edition Motherboard is crashing and rebooting automatically after 10 - 35 minutes, and my PC's main...
  5. ASRock B550 TAICHI RAZER Edition Motherboard crashing after windows 11 update KB5015732

ASRock B550 TAICHI RAZER Edition Motherboard crashing after windows 11 update KB5015732: Dear Microsoft staff, Good morning regarding the 2022-07 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 11 for x64 KB5015732. My ASRock B550 TAICHI RAZER Edition Motherboard is crashing and rebooting automatically after 10 - 35 minutes, and my PC's main...
  6. TPM 2.0, Windows 11 and my AsRock motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM 2.0, Windows 11 and my AsRock motherboard: Windows 10 Update said my computer was did not meet the system requirements for Windows 11 and told me to run PC Health. When I did that, PC Health said I needed to activate TPM 2.0 in the BIOS. I activated TPM 2.0 and reran PC Health, which indicated the computer met all the...
  7. TPM 2.0, Windows 11 and my AsRock motherboard

TPM 2.0, Windows 11 and my AsRock motherboard: Windows 10 Update said my computer was did not meet the system requirements for Windows 11 and told me to run PC Health. When I did that, PC Health said I needed to activate TPM 2.0 in the BIOS. I activated TPM 2.0 and reran PC Health, which indicated the computer met all the...
  8. Upgrade motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade motherboard: Hi, I purchased a gaming pc for my son for Xmas and he wants to upgrade his motherboard it has an oem version of windows 10 will I be able to transfer the os or have to purchase a new copy of windows? So much conflicting info on internet so confused!...
  9. PC with ASRock x99x Fatal1ty motherboard freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC with ASRock x99x Fatal1ty motherboard freezes: The PC freezes at random times. The GPU is EVGA GTX760 with i7-5930k CPU please help. 36822
  10. Asrock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asrock: Hello guys. I have this Motherboard ASROCK Z87 Extreme3 what drivers please need to download from here ? ASRock > Z87 Extreme3 Thanks. 66548