Windows 10: how to upgrade window 10 from window 7 from backup of window 10 1803 in my hard drive

Discus and support how to upgrade window 10 from window 7 from backup of window 10 1803 in my hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; before installing window10 October update i create backup my window 10 1803 oprating system in my external hard drive. during installation of october... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by soni_18, Feb 4, 2019.

1. soni_18 Win User

how to upgrade window 10 from window 7 from backup of window 10 1803 in my hard drive

before installing window10 October update i create backup my window 10 1803 oprating system in my external hard drive. during installation of october update my pc failed install october update and my pc is not opening so i formate my pc.now i am using window 7. how can i go to window10 operating system from my backup in external drive.

:)

soni_18, Feb 4, 2019

2. Windows 10

its already there. there is a hard set factory image from samsung. problem is it takes a long time to get that backup into the drive again and destroys the C drive data.

so looks like i wont be trying windows 10 anytime soon *Stick Out Tongue how to upgrade window 10 from window 7 from backup of window 10 1803 in my hard drive :p

de.das.dude, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Feb 4, 2019
  4. how to upgrade window 10 from window 7 from backup of window 10 1803 in my hard drive

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

how to upgrade window 10 from window 7 from backup of window 10 1803 in my hard drive

1. how to upgrade window 10 from window 7 from backup of window 10 1803 in my hard drive - Similar Threads - upgrade window window

2. How to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10?: Hello CommunityI've received my product code via email to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 but cannot find out how to initiate the upgrade. The email didn't contain any links. Help much appreciated!Thanks, Berit...
  3. How to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10?: Hello CommunityI've received my product code via email to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 but cannot find out how to initiate the upgrade. The email didn't contain any links. Help much appreciated!Thanks, Berit...
  4. How to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My hard drive crashed. Restored from backup. Was a free upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1....

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My hard drive crashed. Restored from backup. Was a free upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1....: Hello, My hard drive crashed. Restored from backup. . Was a free upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1. can't activate pro. Says found digital license for win 10 pro and the install also is win 10 pro. Tried troubleshooter, says upgrade? Why? Same version. I did it anyway,...
  6. Upgrade from 7 to 10 and Seagate Backup Plus Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade from 7 to 10 and Seagate Backup Plus Drive: Am currently on Win 7 and want to upgrade to Win 10. I have a Seagate Backup Plus Drive with Memeo software built in. It is set to automatically backup all new files. In Win 10, will it do the same auto backups? Seagate says the backup drive works with Win 10, but the...
  7. HOW TO UPGRADE FROM WINDOWS 7 TO 10

HOW TO UPGRADE FROM WINDOWS 7 TO 10: How do I upgrade my WINDOWS 7 TO WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10/85122734-dc81-420d-902c-8fb895a9f451
  8. how upgrade window 7 to window 10 from backup

how upgrade window 7 to window 10 from backup: window 10 October update is failed to install in my pc and my pc is not opening so i formeted my pc and now i am using window 7. however i have backup of window 10 1803 . so how to upgrade to window 10 from window 7 from backup in my external drive(window 10 1803). can i...
  9. Hard drive reformatting from windows 7 to 10

Hard drive reformatting from windows 7 to 10: I have a 750 GB external hard drive with many files on it which has worked fine on windows 7. I am currently on a computer which runs windows 10 and requests formatting for it to open files, with a warning that if I format all data could be lost. Thanks for your assitance...
  10. Is changing hard drive on Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 possible?

Is changing hard drive on Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 possible?: My desktop is slow, and I want to change out the system drive to SSD. Is this possible? I do not have a Windows key as it was merely a free upgrade. Can I just clone the existing drive onto an SSD and swap? Or will windows deny me this upgrade? 106486