Windows 10: How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?

Discus and support How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?We have to move over a Windows 11 OEM home version to another motherboard PC, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MaartenSwart, Feb 23, 2024.

1. How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?

How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?We have to move over a Windows 11 OEM home version to another motherboard PC, the first MoBo has defects and has to be exchanged.We understood that a NON OEM version can be transferred to another motherboard PC.Is it possible with a non-OEM version and how to upgrade the OEM version to a Home or Pro version?Can you help what to do?

:)

MaartenSwart, Feb 23, 2024
  2. Craig.M Win User

Windows Pro licence key (non-oem) on oem devices

Hi,

I bought a new ASUS laptop (Laptop A) with windows 10 OEM pre-installed. (I do not have a record of this key)
    I performed the free upgrade on laptop A (that was permitted at the time to windows 11)
    I then installed a windows 8 PRO key (standalone / non-Oem that I bought years ago separately) and upgraded my laptop to windows 11 pro.

I have now bought a new windows 11 laptop with and OEM licence (laptop B) and wish to
    (a) install my PRO key onto this laptop and
    (b) downgrade the old laptop to windows 11 home or its old windows 10 home OEM key

I could not find the old key on laptop A looking up key via "wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey" gives me my pro-key not the original

I do not just want to install the Old 8 Pro key onto laptop B.

How do I downgrade laptop A to its OLD OEM key, I have tried re-installing from scratch with windows 11 home but it showed as pro once installed and upgraded itself.

Any help would be appreciated

Craig.M, Feb 23, 2024
  3. Craig.M Win User
    Windows Pro licence key (non-oem) on oem devices

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your assistance.
    While I did not do this, I did make a windows home single language edition installation media that I then used (Windows 10 install with upgrade not straight to the 11 multi iso)
    After installation I checked the key and it was the pro-version (not the OEM). The windows then proceeded to "upgrade" itself to pro. I was not sure how to stop this short of dong a forced offline install (as when you install intel network drivers on a NUD)
    I'll try with the OEM config as you have suggested. Should I also do this via a windows 11 local only account? At least this way I could get the OEM key, then do a forced downgrade with the OEM key.

A second aside question, what will happen to the 1st machine if I just install the key on the second I assume I'll get a licencing error but will I be given the option to downgrade / put in another key in which case I could use the OEM key there.

Thanks in advance

Craig.M, Feb 23, 2024
  4. How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?

windows 11 pro oem to retail?

i purchased a prebuilt pc that came with a windows 10 pro oem license eligible for the windows 11 upgrade. i have since upgraded to the windows 11 pro oem version. my question is if i purchase a windows 11 pro retail license, can i change the installed version by changing the license info on the pc using the new retail license?

jeff hunt1, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?

1. How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version? - Similar Threads - upgrade OEM home

2. How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?: How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?We have to move over a Windows 11 OEM home version to another motherboard PC, the first MoBo has defects and has to be exchanged.We understood that a NON OEM version can be transferred to another motherboard...
  3. New OEM Windows Pro and old OEM Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New OEM Windows Pro and old OEM Home: I have Windows 10 Home OEM 8.1 and I need Windows 10 Pro like second OS on another disks on one laptop. May I activate another new OEM key for Windows Pro? Or it will be blocking during activation because I have another OEM on this device and in my case I must buy ESD Licence...
  4. New OEM Windows Pro and old OEM Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New OEM Windows Pro and old OEM Home: I have Windows 10 Home OEM 8.1 and I need Windows 10 Pro like second OS on another disks on one laptop. May I activate another new OEM key for Windows Pro? Or it will be blocking during activation because I have another OEM on this device and in my case I must buy ESD Licence...
  5. New OEM Windows Pro and old OEM Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Home to Pro upgrade on OEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home to Pro upgrade on OEM: I have a pc with an OEM Windows 11 home license. If I purchase a Win 11 Pro upgrade, is the upgrade transferable in the event that I change PC and downgrade the original?...
  7. Home to Pro upgrade on OEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home to Pro upgrade on OEM: I have a pc with an OEM Windows 11 home license. If I purchase a Win 11 Pro upgrade, is the upgrade transferable in the event that I change PC and downgrade the original?...
  8. How to upgrade from windows 10 home oem to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to upgrade from windows 10 home oem to pro: I just got a new laptop and I'm trying to upgrade from Home 2004 oem to Pro with a key. I woiuld prefer not to have to do a clean install as I just finished setting it up. I've tried the media creation tool it doesn't give me the option to upgrade. I've also tried...
  9. OEM Home to PRO Retail

OEM Home to PRO Retail: I recently bought a Professional Retail Licence. After I the 1903 Update, I decided to perform clean install by using USB Drive. I added ei.cfg [EditionID] Professional [Channel] Retail [VL] 0 I also add pid.txt to automate install, After installation is complete. I...
  10. Windows Home OEM to Windows Pro Download version upgrade

Windows Home OEM to Windows Pro Download version upgrade: i have bought a HP laptop with Windows Home Preinstalled. i upgraded the licence to Windows Pro. Can i use the home version licence on another PC? how can i recover the home version licence key?...