Windows 10: how to upgrade windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro using an OEM dvd

Discus and support how to upgrade windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro using an OEM dvd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My desktop runs on Windows 7 Pro, so I purchased a Windows 10 Pro OEM DVD to upgrade the operating system. I am looking for guidance on how to do the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OmarNYC, Jan 21, 2020.

1. OmarNYC Win User

how to upgrade windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro using an OEM dvd

My desktop runs on Windows 7 Pro, so I purchased a Windows 10 Pro OEM DVD to upgrade the operating system. I am looking for guidance on how to do the upgrade? Thanks.

:)

OmarNYC, Jan 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 pro

I need to change my motherboard, have windows 10 pro. When i google how to it says go to activation then add an account, my issue is there is no add an account option under activation? Or am I in the wrong window?

how to upgrade windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro using an OEM dvd windows%2010%20pro_zpsfb4x7tmp.png

Not sure how to proceed, ive googled it and the same results. Do I have an OEM or? On the disk sleave it says OEI DVD?
    The COA says windows 10 pro for OEM software

jaggerwild, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Watching DVD Movies on Windows 10 (or not)

I doubt a huge deal to most, but I hate it when they do that! *Shadedshun :shadedshu:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/t...h/watching-dvd-movies-on-windows-10.html?_r=0

Sasqui, Jan 21, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 using an OEM DVD

Hi Ace6276

You can upgrade the Windows 7 Home PC to Windows 10 Home using that OEM DVD . . .

If that is just a Windows 10 Home DVD, you cannot use that to upgrade a Windows 7 Pro PC to Windows 10, you would need a Windows 10 Pro OEM disk . . .

The only way you could use a Windows 10 Home OEM DVD on that WIndows 7 Pro PC is to backup your data and clean install WIndows 10 Home from the DVD . . .

DaveM121, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

1. how to upgrade windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro using an OEM dvd - Similar Threads - upgrade pro pro

2. Windows 10 upgrade using OEM Key to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 upgrade using OEM Key to Pro: Hi All I have a computer bought from a distributor running Win 10 Home and I want to know if it's possible for me to purchase Windows 10 Pro OEM and upgrade the Home to Pro without reinstalling it? thanks....
  3. Windows 7 Pro OEM- Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

Windows 7 Pro OEM- Windows 10 Pro Upgrade: I would like to repurpose some old Win7 Pro OEM licensed desktops by performing an Upgrade to Windows 10 using the Microsoft Media creation tool. After performing the upgrade they will be joined to an AD domain. Now from license compliance perceptive do I need any other...
  4. Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 using an OEM DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 using an OEM DVD: I have Windows 7 Home currently on a PC. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 as an upgrade rather than a fresh install. Can I do this using a Windrows 10 Home OEM DVD purchased from a local authorized retailer? I also have Windows 7 Pro on another pc. Can I do the same using...
  5. Windows 10 Pro OEM DVD Purchase

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Pro OEM DVD Purchase: Where on the Microsoft site can I purchase the DVD for Windows 10 Pro? Can I get one with 3 licenses? I am not able to find the location on the site to do this, and I do not want to buy a download....
  6. Windows 10 Pro OEM - Upgrade

Windows 10 Pro OEM - Upgrade: Hi I bought a new PC with Windows 10 Pro OEM on DVD. With this PC I d like to use my old SSD drive. So I insert an old SSD drive in my new computer but I can not install Windows 10 Pro OEM on it. SSD drive was installed with Windows 10 Home OEM before. I boot my new Win 10...
  7. Windows 10 Pro OEM downgrade to Windows 7 Pro

Windows 10 Pro OEM downgrade to Windows 7 Pro: Hi, I need to use Windows 7 Pro due to hardware compatibility concern. I read from "http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/D/1/2D14FE17-66C2-4D4C-AF73-E122930B60F6/Windows-10-Volume-Licensing-Guide.pdf", page 14 that Windows 10 Pro OEM version is entitled to downgrade...
  8. Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using old windows 7 pro oem key

Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using old windows 7 pro oem key: Hi all, I have a windows 10 home device but I would like to be able to use a pro version of Windows 10, I have a copy of windows 7 pro and I was wondering if the key can be used in the store to upgrade the version of windows to win10 pro. I have entered the key and it said...
  9. Is 7 pro OEM version eligible for upgrade to Windows 10?

Is 7 pro OEM version eligible for upgrade to Windows 10?: I purchased a Windows seven OEM cd from Amazon to upgrade from vista. I'm now wanting to upgrade to ten and the installation using a usb stick gets to the screen where it asks for a product key. The OEM disk doesn't have one. the install apparently will not proceed. Is...
  10. Windows 7 Pro Retail upgrades to Windows 10 Pro OEM?!

Windows 7 Pro Retail upgrades to Windows 10 Pro OEM?!: Hello, I current have Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit installed from a Retail (not OEM) copy. If I read the tutorials correctly, I understand that if I install the free upgrade to Windows 10, there is no product key and it is tied to my hardware. Even if I create install media,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgrading windows 7 to windows 10 by dvd