Windows 10: How to upgrade?

Discus and support How to upgrade? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, for the last few hours I tried to upgrade my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10... and I failed. I had Windows 10 on my computer before, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PhilGerman, Sep 13, 2018.

1. How to upgrade?

Hello,

for the last few hours I tried to upgrade my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10... and I failed.

I had Windows 10 on my computer before, but when the GPU died, I installed Windows 7.

How do I get my windows 10 back? Windows 10 should be on my motherboard, but I have an other unused licence code.

I tried to use the Media Tool, but it won't accept my licensecode nore get windows 10 from the motherboard.

Any suggestions?

:)

PhilGerman, Sep 13, 2018
  2. swarfega Win User

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Sep 13, 2018
  4. How to upgrade?

No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

How to upgrade?

1. How to upgrade? - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. The annoying upgrade to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The annoying upgrade to Win 11: Is Microsoft TRYING to annoy...
  3. The annoying upgrade to Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The annoying upgrade to Win 11: Is Microsoft TRYING to annoy...
  4. can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?: i have a windows 8.1 fully updated since I manualaly installed the most recent update and I have the requirements to upgrade to windows 10 so i run the media creation tool and do the windows 10 install process but right when it fully finishes it says undoing changes i was...
  5. can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?

can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?: i have a windows 8.1 fully updated since I manualaly installed the most recent update and I have the requirements to upgrade to windows 10 so i run the media creation tool and do the windows 10 install process but right when it fully finishes it says undoing changes i was...
  6. can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  8. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  9. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  10. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x800F0955 - 0x20003

2. 0x800F0955-0x20003

3. 0x800F0955