Windows 10: How to upload recovery media on a USB for Windows 10

Discus and support How to upload recovery media on a USB for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My windows is dead and I have only access to BIOS and I have no more Bitlocker options on my PC, what can I do to regain access to my computer? I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by floritang, Mar 4, 2021.

1. floritang Win User

How to upload recovery media on a USB for Windows 10

My windows is dead and I have only access to BIOS and I have no more Bitlocker options on my PC, what can I do to regain access to my computer?

I am not sure I can upload with USB since I have tried to upload Media Creation tools for Windows 10 and nothing happened.

I have my Bitlocker key and by pressing F10 a window opened to install my Bitlocker key. But after that the computer tell me that it cannot go further because my Windows is damage and I need a recovery media Windows 10 to work!

But I have already try to upload the Media Creation tools for Windows 10 and nothing happened!

So, what do I do?

Could you help me? thanks

:)

floritang, Mar 4, 2021

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Windows 10 recovery USB - which size???

Not even that. What creating a recovery drive does (if you select 'include system files') is to construct the files required to clean install Windows. If this is made on an OEM install these file will include the OEM custom apps and drivers - effectively a 'factory reset' drive. It is extracting an install image from your existing system files that takes the time.

The steps in making a recovery drive are shown in this tutorial...

Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10 | Tutorials

• first you choose whether or not to include system files (step 5 in tutorial)
    • next the recovery drive files are constructed (this can take a long time if you include system files)
    • only after that is complete will you be asked which usb to use (step 6 in tutorial). At this point you will be told how large a usb you need.

Without system files 512 Mb is sufficient. Including system files it will be just over 4GB.

At which step did you get the error? If you were not asked which usb to use then it was the construction of the system files that failed, nothing to do with what usb you had.

Bree, Mar 4, 2021
  4. MrGenius Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

For the convenience of not having to use the installation media for startup repairs. But you should be able to use your installation media to do whatever the recovery partition does(including startup repairs). AFAIK. I could be wrong about that though.
    I'm not sure if I follow you there. But if you clean install Windows 10 there will be at least 3 partitions.
    • (EFI System Partition)
    • (Primary Partition)
    • (Recovery/OEM Partition)
    If you install from an OEM installation media there might(should?) be 4 partitions. Since there might(should?) be a Recovery partition and an OEM partition.

How to upload recovery media on a USB for Windows 10 partitions-10-png.png

Back on topic...

Download May 8 CU KB4103721 x64 (326.5MB)

Brings system to 17134.48

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

1. How to upload recovery media on a USB for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - upload recovery media

2. how to reset windows 10 without recovery media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to reset windows 10 without recovery media: How to reset windows 10 without recovery media https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-windows-10-without-recovery-media/5f5a9085-6771-4b7b-ad6a-ea15e587fa83
  3. USB Stick Recovery Media vs Installation Media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Stick Recovery Media vs Installation Media: In case Windows 10 Pro OS problematic Can be repaired with USB Stick CreateRecovery USB Stick Windows 10 Pro Or createInstallation media usb stick…?If both can help, When use the first and when the second…?...
  4. USB Stick Recovery Media vs Installation Media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Stick Recovery Media vs Installation Media: In case Windows 10 Pro OS problematic Can be repaired with USB Stick CreateRecovery USB Stick Windows 10 Pro Or createInstallation media usb stick…?If both can help, When use the first and when the second…?...
  5. USB Stick Recovery Media vs Installation Media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. usb upload

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb upload: where does the usb upload go to after uploading? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-upload/2e24507e-49bd-4130-8ffc-0ccf68bdaa2e
  7. Usb recovery media failed

Usb recovery media failed: I noticed I had alot of hard disk bad block errors in the event viewer so I ran the check disk tool but when the pc rebooted I got a blue screen with ntfs error. Everytime the pc rebooted that bsod came up. I tried booting from the usb recovery I created and tried start up...
  8. Lenovo USB Recovery Media

Lenovo USB Recovery Media: Hi I accidentally deleted the OKR Recovery partition on my lenovo ideapad 500s laptop. I bought USB Recovery from Lenovo service. When I install Recovery via USB, windows 10 is installing the old version. The USB install.wim file is encrypted. How can I add new version...
  9. USB after downloading media recovery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB after downloading media recovery: I used the USB and I was wondering is there a way to reuse it because when i plug it in my laptop I dont see it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-after-downloading-media-recovery/e9809944-2997-41f4-a488-fb391c16b6b9
  10. How to recovery a USB from after used for installation media?

How to recovery a USB from after used for installation media?: Recently I used my 2TB portable hard drive as installation media to repair my system. But hey, after that, this drive became only 32GB. And to format this drive cannot solve this problem. So, how do I recovery it back to 2TB status? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...