Windows 10: how to USB flash drive installation media

Discus and support how to USB flash drive installation media in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Create installation media USB flash drive, DVD or ISO file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bonus Plastics, Nov 22, 2023.

1. how to USB flash drive installation media

Create installation media USB flash drive, DVD or ISO file

:)

Bonus Plastics, Nov 22, 2023
  2. Ztruker Win User

Failed Media Creation Tool attempt at bootable USB flash drive

Shawn, these are the steps being referred to that NavyLCDR posted. They work for both UEFI and MBR.

Here are the steps to create a standard Windows 10 USB flash drive:

1. Use the Media Creation Tool to download and save the ISO file to your hard drive.
    2. Insert the USB flash drive.
    3. Open a Administrator Command Prompt and enter: diskpart (if it isn't an administrator command prompt, it will ask for administrator permission).
    4. list disk
    5. select disk # <- replace # with the actual disk number of the USB flash drive
    6. clean <- this will erase the disk selected above, make sure you selected the USB flash drive!
    7. create part pri
    8. format fs=fat32 quick
    9. active
    10. exit
    11. exit - and if the first Command Prompt was not an Administrator Command Prompt, exit that one too.
    11. Mount the ISO file saved by the Media Creation Tool. If you are using Windows 8 or 10, you only have to right click on it and click on mount. If you are using Windows 7, then you must use a program like WinCDEmu to mount the ISO file:
    WinCDEmu - the easiest way to mount an ISO. And more...
    12. Copy all the files and folders from the mounted ISO file to the USB flash drive.

That's as simple as it gets. Between steps 7 and 8 you can enter: "select part 1" without quotes - but it should not be necessary.
    Between steps 8 and 9 you can enter: "assign" without quotes - but it should not be necessary.

Ztruker, Nov 22, 2023
  3. Megahertz Win User
    USB Flash Drive Not Recognised  

To find what Navy suggest::
    Open a CMD window as administrator and type:

diskpart
    list disk (it will list all drives. Identify the USB drive number)
    select disk n (replace n by the USB drive number obtained with list disk)
    list part (is there more than one partition?)
    select part 1
    detail part (is it ntfs or Fat32?)
    exit

Megahertz, Nov 22, 2023
  4. thraxed Win User

how to USB flash drive installation media

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Nov 22, 2023
Thema:

how to USB flash drive installation media

1. how to USB flash drive installation media - Similar Threads - USB flash drive

2. how to USB flash drive installation media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to USB flash drive installation media: Create installation media USB flash drive, DVD or ISO file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-usb-flash-drive-installation-media/41a6beb2-5ea2-44ba-a938-8c094f6c0e35
  3. How to reformat USB Flash Drive when it says "There is no media"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to reformat USB Flash Drive when it says "There is no media"?: For some particular reason, my USB doesn't seem to be detected on my PC. Whenever I double-click it, it'll always say "There is no media. Insert a disk, then try again."...
  4. How to reformat USB Flash Drive when it says "There is no media"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reformat USB Flash Drive when it says "There is no media"?: For some particular reason, my USB doesn't seem to be detected on my PC. Whenever I double-click it, it'll always say "There is no media. Insert a disk, then try again."...
  5. How to reformat USB Flash Drive when it says "There is no media"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to create installation media on a USB drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to create installation media on a USB drive?: Hello, I am trying to create installation media for a new PC on a USB. When I launch the media creation tool, I get all the way to the architecture specifics screen, when it tells me there is not enough room on my laptop, with no option to put it on the USB instead of the...
  7. How to create installation media on a USB drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create installation media on a USB drive?: Hello, I am trying to create installation media for a new PC on a USB. When I launch the media creation tool, I get all the way to the architecture specifics screen, when it tells me there is not enough room on my laptop, with no option to put it on the USB instead of the...
  8. How to create installation media on a USB drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB flash drive: Hello, I just purchased a PNY USB flash drive. After connecting it to my PC, I noticed there is 34mb of unallocated space on it. Can anyone explain the reason for this? Please see screen shot below. If I want to allocate this 34mb space and make the USB flash drive have one...
  10. usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb flash drive: I am using windows 10. My usb flash drive does not show in disk manage but only intermittently. Often to make matters worse it freezes my mouse when I have the flash drive plugged in. Also it wont let my computer shut down when the flash drive is plugged in. So far I have...