Windows 10: How to use 2 GPUs for 1 display in Windows10

Discus and support How to use 2 GPUs for 1 display in Windows10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, all. This is not my problem, my friend's one. He has a Laptop equipped with AMD A10-9600P including GPU R5 Bristol Ridge. The Laptop also has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnDoe_h251qh, Mar 5, 2021.

1. How to use 2 GPUs for 1 display in Windows10

Hi, all.

This is not my problem, my friend's one.

He has a Laptop equipped with AMD A10-9600P including GPU R5 Bristol Ridge. The Laptop also has another GPU AMD R5 M430 with 2GB VRAM. That is, the Laptop has two GPUs and they seem to be connected through PCIe, share video output. In task manager, Bristol Ridge is shown as GPU0, M430 is shown as GPU1.

The problem is how to make GPU1 work.

In the past, GPU-switching function is implemented in AMD Radeon software and we could select GPU for each software. Actually, AMD Radeon software before ver.19.11.1 has "Switch GPU" tab, but newer one has not see https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/how-to-switch-from-radeon-r5-integrated-to-radeon-r5-m430/td-p/59497.

That function is transferred to Windows10 according to AMD.

Therefore, my friend checked if GPU1 works when tremendous graphic performance is required running a heavy 3D game. The result is that GPU1 was not active at all even when GPU0 load reached 100%.

How to use 2 GPUs for 1 display in Windows10 d673df4a-963e-42d9-9197-fde5ff4acc17?upload=true.png

Why doesn't Win10 switch GPU1 or use both GPU0 and GPU1 ?

I found the web page saying that Win10 uses GPU1 under heavy graphics load see https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/543339/amd-m430-not-switching-e5-523-90qw-not-switchable-graphics-not-switchingr . So I wonder how does the settings of my friend's Win10 differ from the one in the web page, but no idea.

Any suggestions please, I appreciate.

Thank you for reading!

:)

JohnDoe_h251qh, Mar 5, 2021
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Display 1 not swappable with Display 2. Why?

Hi Raven,

You can choose from the list of monitors, which screen you want to make as your main display. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop, then select Display settings.
    • Under Customize your display, select which screen you want to make as the main display.
    • Check Make this my main display, then click Apply.

How to use 2 GPUs for 1 display in Windows10 9c73e05e-a8bc-42ad-b87f-c77d80cbfc0a.jpg

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Mar 5, 2021
  3. axe0 Win User
    B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

axe0, Mar 5, 2021
  4. How to use 2 GPUs for 1 display in Windows10

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

How to use 2 GPUs for 1 display in Windows10

1. How to use 2 GPUs for 1 display in Windows10 - Similar Threads - GPUs display Windows10

2. How to change display to use Nvidia Gpus on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change display to use Nvidia Gpus on laptop: My friend has a laptop that has a i5 12500h and nvidia gtx 1650 his laptop refresh rate can achieve 144hz however because of integrated graphics it cant do so, so i want to know how to change the display to use gtx 1650 so my friend can go on 144hz refresh rate for gaming...
  3. How to change display to use Nvidia Gpus on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change display to use Nvidia Gpus on laptop: My friend has a laptop that has a i5 12500h and nvidia gtx 1650 his laptop refresh rate can achieve 144hz however because of integrated graphics it cant do so, so i want to know how to change the display to use gtx 1650 so my friend can go on 144hz refresh rate for gaming...
  4. 2 displays showing even with 1 display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 displays showing even with 1 display: I check my settings and it shows 2 displays. However I only have one monitor. It's annoying to have this. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-displays-showing-even-with-1-display/a3d817d0-1842-47f1-b73f-61d923596762
  5. 2 displays showing even with 1 display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 displays showing even with 1 display: I check my settings and it shows 2 displays. However I only have one monitor. It's annoying to have this. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-displays-showing-even-with-1-display/a3d817d0-1842-47f1-b73f-61d923596762
  6. 2 displays showing even with 1 display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?: My setup: PC is connected to a 22" monitor display 1 on a desk. Second monitor display 2 is a large screen television in the waiting room not visible from desk that runs an application that routes customers to specific service windows. Is there a way to see a small windowed...
  8. Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?: My setup: PC is connected to a 22" monitor display 1 on a desk. Second monitor display 2 is a large screen television in the waiting room not visible from desk that runs an application that routes customers to specific service windows. Is there a way to see a small windowed...
  9. Display 1/2 bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display 1/2 bug: Current situation: •Display 1: set as main panel, but recognized as if display 2 •Disolay 2: set as extended display, but recognized as display 1 So if I open things or play my display 1 is the main panel, no problem. But if I want to set my windows colors fitting my...
  10. Switching Display 1 and 2.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switching Display 1 and 2.: Switching Display 1 and 2. I want to switch my 2 monitors and recognize them opposite as they are now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-display-1-and-2/cfcb116b-cab1-405a-a33f-fac609d68616