Windows 10: how to use a notebook as a second screen?

Discus and support how to use a notebook as a second screen? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently bought a PC and wanted to use a notebook as a second screen but I can't figure out how to do it. What does it take to do it? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Matias9991, Oct 10, 2020.

1. how to use a notebook as a second screen?

I recently bought a PC and wanted to use a notebook as a second screen but I can't figure out how to do it. What does it take to do it?

submitted by /u/Matias9991
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Matias9991, Oct 10, 2020
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 10, 2020
  4. how to use a notebook as a second screen?

Project Second screen constantly appearing.

Hi Norga,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know some more information so that we can diagnose and troubleshoot the issue in a better way:

• what is the exact issue that you want us to help with? Do you want to get help in projecting a second screen or to remove the popup?
    • As you've said " I tried unsuccessfully to project a screen", do you wish to project a second screen currently?
    • What happened exactly when you tried to project a second screen? Did you receive any error message or any error code?
    The popup comes as the system might not be able to detect the monitors. I suggest you to update the Display drivers, it may force the system to detect the available monitors. Here is the steps:

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Locate the driver and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

Reply with the information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

how to use a notebook as a second screen?

1. how to use a notebook as a second screen? - Similar Threads - notebook second screen

2. Blue Screen - Notebook crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen - Notebook crashing: I am getting this blue screen error can anyone help me with this?Description:Stop code: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTIONWhat failed: wnpdriver.sysNot sure how to proceed. Please help...
  3. Blue Screen - Notebook crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen - Notebook crashing: I am getting this blue screen error can anyone help me with this?Description:Stop code: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTIONWhat failed: wnpdriver.sysNot sure how to proceed. Please help...
  4. The second screen is not appearing using an adaptor for HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The second screen is not appearing using an adaptor for HDMI: I have a windows 11, and I'm trying to connect a third screen with an hdmi adaptor. My graphic says I can hold 4 screens, therefore there is no issue there. I have same graphic in other computer and it's working well with the adaptor of HDMI.I have :- unplugged, replugged and...
  5. The second screen is not appearing using an adaptor for HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The second screen is not appearing using an adaptor for HDMI: I have a windows 11, and I'm trying to connect a third screen with an hdmi adaptor. My graphic says I can hold 4 screens, therefore there is no issue there. I have same graphic in other computer and it's working well with the adaptor of HDMI.I have :- unplugged, replugged and...
  6. Second deskop on Second Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second deskop on Second Screen: Hey, I just got into the world of secondary Monitors, and I have a question I could not answer myself. Cann I use the multiple desktops funktionalty of Windos 11 efektly withs two screens. What I want is this: When I plug my laptop into my monitor, I want to have the...
  7. How to connect notebook to laptop as second screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to connect notebook to laptop as second screen?: I have two computers, I would like to be able to use one as my main device and use the second as an additional screen. I have a plug in monitor that works fine for this but the notebook is smaller and more portable. What I would like if to be able to do is, for example, open...
  8. How to resize second screen dimension

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to resize second screen dimension: Hi everyone! I have my laptop connected with a second 27 ' monitor. The monitor is the main screen, the laptop the second one. Obviously the screen of my laptop is much smaller, how can I set this on windows? In the display setting ( Start > Settings > System > Display ) I'm...
  9. Screen bug when using second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen bug when using second monitor: Hello, Sometimes one specific bug appears on my main or secondary monitor, when apps are in full screen. It's like 1/5 of the screen at the top is not responsive and shows nonsense view. What i mean, if i use acrobat reader and want to press anything on the panel, it just...
  10. ASUS Q525UA notebook can not full screen using F11 key, so how then?

in Windows 10 Support
    ASUS Q525UA notebook can not full screen using F11 key, so how then?: ASUS Q525UA 15.6 inch (2 TB, Intel Core i7 8th Gen., 1.80 GHz, 16 GB) Laptop - Black - Q525UA-BI7T9 F11 key normally fullscreen Chrome etc...But notebook PC function keys are different. F11 controls the chrome sound level. FUNC + F11 also controls the sound level with a...