Windows 10: How to use a shared (NAS) drive for C:\Users on multiple machines?

Discus and support How to use a shared (NAS) drive for C:\Users on multiple machines? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have multiple PC's and would like to have my C:\Users as a common/shared folder so that regardless of which machine I login to I have the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RonWatkins1, Jan 4, 2019.

1. How to use a shared (NAS) drive for C:\Users on multiple machines?

I have multiple PC's and would like to have my C:\Users as a common/shared folder so that regardless of which machine I login to I have the same directory contents.

:)

RonWatkins1, Jan 4, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you connected to Domain network?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, type fsmgmt.msc.
    • Select Shares and right click on C$.
    • Select Stop Sharing.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 4, 2019
  4. jimbo45 Win User

How to use a shared (NAS) drive for C:\Users on multiple machines?

C: drive folder sharing?

Hi there

I've given up on Windows Networking -- sometimes it works and then after an update shares don't work again. Windows Networking IMO has been the really weak link in Windows for as far back as I can remember. Even as far back as Windows 3.11 for workgroups. !!

How to use a shared (NAS) drive for C:\Users on multiple machines? [​IMG]

If you have any sort of Linux NAS - to get access to your shared directories from Windows simply use the actual LAN address of your NAS instead of the hostname .That always seems to work.

I still have problems though accessing WINDOWS FROM the NAS but since I rarely need that I'm hoping somebody else will have a fix soon. This stuff has worked previously but after W10 updates it is broken again and all previous suggestions like disabling / re-enabling SMB etc don't make the slightest bit of difference.

You can get Windows access by a convoluted mount -t cifs thing with the actual IP address of your Windows machine but as I said for me accessing Windows FROM my NAS isn't a problem as I rarely if ever need it. Accessing the NAS FROM Windows is a much more required option for me and mounting the share via an IP address in Windows (connect Network drive) does the trick.

for example : accessing Windows share FROM NAS. (note if you need write access then add rw in the options --I'm only using Windows shares for READ access for the NAS.

I often wonder how hackers can get into a network when you can't even browse YOUR OWN NETWORK SHARES !!!!easily.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

How to use a shared (NAS) drive for C:\Users on multiple machines?

1. How to use a shared (NAS) drive for C:\Users on multiple machines? - Similar Threads - shared NAS drive

2. How to permission to multiple to multiple shared mailbox using csv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permission to multiple to multiple shared mailbox using csv: HelloI need to assign multiple users permissions to multiple shared mailboxes.I want to create a csv file and then import it into my powershell script.What columns should i create for the csv? and what would the powershell script be for Full access and Send AS....
  3. How to permission to multiple to multiple shared mailbox using csv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to permission to multiple to multiple shared mailbox using csv: HelloI need to assign multiple users permissions to multiple shared mailboxes.I want to create a csv file and then import it into my powershell script.What columns should i create for the csv? and what would the powershell script be for Full access and Send AS....
  4. Using KODI to share media on NAS.

Using KODI to share media on NAS.: When right-click a file in Explorer and choose play, it downloads the file then plays. Used to just play it from the NAS. Cannot figure it out. Any suggestions?...
  5. Using KODI to share media on NAS.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using KODI to share media on NAS.: When right-click a file in Explorer and choose play, it downloads the file then plays. Used to just play it from the NAS. Cannot figure it out. Any suggestions?...
  6. Using KODI to share media on NAS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory

Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory: Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-user-accounts-in-cusers-directory/ca2d181b-88f4-4338-aeba-e880033fdd90
  8. Share C drive

Share C drive: I have a second drive connected and can share that When I try to share the C drive or any folders on that drive it says you do not have permission to access Y can I share other drives on that comp but not the C drive Thanks Rick 156022
  9. How to fetch all shared folders on multiple machines in domain?

How to fetch all shared folders on multiple machines in domain?: Hi, I have scenario where I have to fetch shared folders created by users on their machine in domain.Please share the script to fetch the same in single file...
  10. How to set up shared drive for multiple users

How to set up shared drive for multiple users: Hi all, Recently got myself a new computer (laptop), and just wondering what's the best way to set this up? I have a (256Gb) SSD which is for Windows/programs, and 1TB HDD for docs, pics, music and game installs. My computer is shared between my wife and I, and we...