Windows 10: How to use accented letters

Discus and support How to use accented letters in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Irish name which has fadas (basicalling accents over some vowels). I used to be able to write this fine when I lived in Ireland by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/klock23s, Jun 24, 2020.

1. How to use accented letters

Hi, I have an Irish name which has fadas (basicalling accents over some vowels). I used to be able to write this fine when I lived in Ireland by pressing the Alt-Gr key on my keyboard but can't do it here in Australia - my laptop has no Alt-Gr key and presumably using the Aus keyboard. Can I force a key to act as the Alt-Gr key or is there another way around this? I never knew how much I wrote my name til I couldn't do fadas... Thanks!

submitted by /u/klock23s
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/klock23s, Jun 24, 2020

2. When you plan to update the touch keyboard to type greek accented letters?

Hi George,

This issue that started after the last Windows 10 update might be caused by software incompatibility. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask the following:

• How are you accessing the Greek accented letters on touch keyboard before?
    • Are there any error messages displayed when trying to access the Greek accented letters?
    • If possible, can you give us an example screenshot of the Greek accented letters?

Meanwhile, we need to make sure that the Greek keyboard is added on the language settings. To check if the Greek keyboard is added, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Time & Language from the list.
    • Select Region & language in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Languages, make sure that the Greek keyboard is added.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jun 24, 2020
  3. kktav Win User
    letters with accents for texting

hold down the letter for 3-4 secounds and the accents for that letter should come up, or go to settings > keyboard > laungauge and you can change it too french or something to get the accents auto maticly How to use accented letters :)

kktav, Jun 24, 2020
  4. [ Pete ] Win User

How to use accented letters

letters with accents for texting

Press the base letter for the accent (e, for example) and keep holding it.

After a second, you'll get a pop-up menu displaying the available accents for that letter.

This trick works on other keys as well (long-pressing some numbers will give you fractions, etc).

[ Pete ], Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

How to use accented letters

1. How to use accented letters - Similar Threads - accented letters

2. Unnecessarily typing grave accent in between letters while typing.. How can fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unnecessarily typing grave accent in between letters while typing.. How can fix it: How can i fix the problem that unwanted grave accents are typing.. In between letters, unnecessarily coming gave accent. How can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unnecessarily-typing-grave-accent-in-between/0355c7e3-c779-40e4-bbbe-31853a567201
  3. Unnecessarily typing grave accent in between letters while typing.. How can fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unnecessarily typing grave accent in between letters while typing.. How can fix it: How can i fix the problem that unwanted grave accents are typing.. In between letters, unnecessarily coming gave accent. How can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unnecessarily-typing-grave-accent-in-between/0355c7e3-c779-40e4-bbbe-31853a567201
  4. How to disable "<letter> + spacebar" that changes a letter's accent in Win 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable "<letter> + spacebar" that changes a letter's accent in Win 11?: So, apparently there's something I hate in Win 11. And that's when you pressed one button and holding it for some time and press spacebar makes you change the letter style or accent? idk. Say for example I'm pressing "W" for gaming which is moving forward and want to jump by...
  5. How to disable "<letter> + spacebar" that changes a letter's accent in Win 11?

How to disable "<letter> + spacebar" that changes a letter's accent in Win 11?: So, apparently there's something I hate in Win 11. And that's when you pressed one button and holding it for some time and press spacebar makes you change the letter style or accent? idk. Say for example I'm pressing "W" for gaming which is moving forward and want to jump by...
  6. keyboard for accented letters not working properly [ since installed last update some...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard for accented letters not working properly [ since installed last update some...: My keyboard , compatible with Portuguese ABNT 2 , was working fine until the last update was installed minutes ago [ sept 15 2022 ].Now everytime I type accents they come up duplicated : caf´´e , p~~ao , voc^^e , ``a ; Diaeresis was affected too : u¨¨bermesnch ;As it was...
  7. keyboard for accented letters not working properly [ since installed last update some...

keyboard for accented letters not working properly [ since installed last update some...: My keyboard , compatible with Portuguese ABNT 2 , was working fine until the last update was installed minutes ago [ sept 15 2022 ].Now everytime I type accents they come up duplicated : caf´´e , p~~ao , voc^^e , ``a ; Diaeresis was affected too : u¨¨bermesnch ;As it was...
  8. keyboard for accented letters not working properly [ since installed last update some...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. My uppercase accents letters are replaced with symbols

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My uppercase accents letters are replaced with symbols: The image speaks for itself, here's how some accented letters are displayed since today. I don't know how I caused this but it's very frustrating... Anyhelp is very welcomed as I searched on the internet for the last 3 hours without finding anything on this specific problem....
  10. My uppercase accents letters are replaced with symbols

My uppercase accents letters are replaced with symbols: The image speaks for itself, here's how some accented letters are displayed since today. I don't know how I caused this but it's very frustrating... Anyhelp is very welcomed as I searched on the internet for the last 3 hours without finding anything on this specific problem....