Windows 10: How to use an existing email address to activate Windows 10?

Discus and support How to use an existing email address to activate Windows 10? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am attempting to install Windows 10 inside VitualBox running in System 76's PoP!_OS 16.10 operating system. I used the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by stephenpz, May 4, 2020.

1. stephenpz Win User

How to use an existing email address to activate Windows 10?

I am attempting to install Windows 10 inside VitualBox running in System 76's PoP!_OS 16.10 operating system. I used the file "Win10_1909_English_x64.iso" for the installation attempt. The Windows 10 installation program, after accepting my installation key, did not accept my email address because, it said, my email address was already in use. Attempts to use the option to use an existing account always lead back to the same window where it wanted me to open a new email address account, instead of using and existing one. Finally, in exasperation, I decided to use the option to enter my phone number, not knowing it was expecting this to be a cell phone mnumber capable of receiving text messages. I do not have a cell phone. What I entered was my MagicJack's VOIP number. I was then presented with an entry box for the code that was text messaged to that MagicJack number. I do not have a way to get to that code, and I did not see a way to return to where I was in the installation process where it needed an email address.

What do I need to do to get this Windows 10 OS installed? I am not willing to open a new email account for it.

:)

stephenpz, May 4, 2020
  2. Louie Del Win User

Transitioning from an existing email address to a new email address

Hi Joni,

To help us determine a way of transitioning from an existing email address to a new email address and to isolate your concern, we'd like to ask additional information below:

• What's the domain name of your email address?
    • Are you trying to transfer emails, contacts, calendar events/appointments and notes?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Louie Del, May 4, 2020
  3. Non-Existent email address entered on registering Windows 10

I entered a non-existent email address by mistake, when registering Windows 10. Now I keep getting pop-up messages, saying that I need to verify thisaddress, which of course I can't. I have tried the following suggestion given to another user,
    but it doesn't work for me. Does anyone have a better suggestion please?

Let's try the steps below and check if it helps:

1. Click on the Start menu and select Settings.

2. Now click on Accounts and click on Your Info.

3. Click on Sign in with a Local account instead and follow the onscreen instruction to change the account to Local account.

4. Now follow the same steps and select Sign in with Microsoft Account and follow the onscreen instruction to change the account to Microsoft Account. Use the Correct Microsoft account to configure the account.

askingforit, May 4, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Additional email addresses

You are talking about two totally different things, contacts versus predictive text input in mail client.

In most email clients, like Windows Mail, when you start typing an address in TO, CC or BCC fields, the client does not pick the addresses suggested from your contacts. Instead, it suggests addresses you have sent email earlier, or addresses of those who have sent email to you.

If I now sent you an email, and you replied to it, next time when you write an email to someone whose address starts with K, my email address would be one of the suggested to you although I am not in your contacts.

Kari, May 4, 2020
Thema:

1. How to use an existing email address to activate Windows 10? - Similar Threads - existing email address

2. Problems with Microsoft Account non-existent email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Microsoft Account non-existent email address: Approximately one year ago, after downloading the usual Microsoft updates, my system crashed. After a reboot and reverting to an earlier system restore point, everything seemed fine. However, a month or so after that I noticed that my Microsoft account had reverted to an old...
  3. Problems with Microsoft Account non-existent email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Microsoft Account non-existent email address: Approximately one year ago, after downloading the usual Microsoft updates, my system crashed. After a reboot and reverting to an earlier system restore point, everything seemed fine. However, a month or so after that I noticed that my Microsoft account had reverted to an old...
  4. Problems with Microsoft Account non-existent email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Email address doesn't exist

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Email address doesn't exist: Hello,I've a microsoft account on my work pc. I want to download an app but if I have to insert my email address, it says it doesn't exist. I'm getting really frustrated because I use Sharepoint and all other Microsoft office tools so I really don't understand.extra...
  6. how to add existing email account to windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to add existing email account to windows 10.: I'm unable to add my existing *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account to my Windows 10 emails. I get to a box that says "that account already exists" and can go no further. Any ideas?...
  7. Windows 10 and email address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 and email address: I have a new hp pavilion laptop with windows 10 I'm trying to set up email but it's requesting me to change my email address because my existing one already exists as a MS account. That account is mine and I don't want to change. How can I achieve that?...
  8. Windows 10 Activation Bound Email address - Forgotton

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation Bound Email address - Forgotton: How can i recover the email address that i have created for my windows licence key on my HP Laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-activation-bound-email-address/ec238bee-b737-474f-a199-329b82965788
  9. How to change the email address to which Windows is activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to change the email address to which Windows is activated: I was using an older email address to which the Windows 10 was activated with a digital license. I want to stop using that email account and change it to a new email account. Kindly help Thanks and Regards...
  10. how do I add an existing email address with gmail to my Windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I add an existing email address with gmail to my Windows 10 desktop: How do I add my gmail address to my desktop Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-an-existing-email-address-with-gmail/3cac7cd7-e53c-4c6d-827e-c59fa552e5b5