Windows 10: How to use and configure a touchpad on a desktop computer

Discus and support How to use and configure a touchpad on a desktop computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, First of all, it's important to coonsider the following for a DESKTOP computer and NOT a Laptop ;) So, I'm currently using a Bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JarheadK., Apr 18, 2019.

1. JarheadK. Win User

How to use and configure a touchpad on a desktop computer

Hi there,

First of all, it's important to coonsider the following for a DESKTOP computer and NOT a Laptop How to use and configure a touchpad on a desktop computer ;)

So, I'm currently using a Bluetooth keyboard with a built-in touchpad ==> Rapoo E6700

My problem is, I would like to use the powerfull of the touchpad's settings in win10, but my device is not reconized like a touchpad... So the "touchpad" menu in mouse settings is missing... I can only access to the comon mouse settings ...

Obviously I've already searched for the Rapoo software, but I did not have found it May I mised it ?

Questions are :

- Is that possible to force win10 to be showing me a working touchpad menu ?

- Is there a way to make win10 reconizind my device as a built-in laptop touchpad on a desktop computer ?

Thanks for your help,

:)

JarheadK., Apr 18, 2019

2. No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Apr 18, 2019
  4. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

1. How to use and configure a touchpad on a desktop computer - Similar Threads - configure touchpad desktop

2. How to enable touchpad settings on a desktop computer when using a bluetooth keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable touchpad settings on a desktop computer when using a bluetooth keyboard?: Hello, I am using an Arteck HB305-4B Bluetooth keyboard on my Windows 10 64-bit machine. The keyboard has a touchpad and I would like to reverse the scrolling direction. However, since this is a desktop computer, the touchpad option is unavailable to me in Devices....
  3. How to enable touchpad settings on a desktop computer when using a bluetooth keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable touchpad settings on a desktop computer when using a bluetooth keyboard?: Hello, I am using an Arteck HB305-4B Bluetooth keyboard on my Windows 10 64-bit machine. The keyboard has a touchpad and I would like to reverse the scrolling direction. However, since this is a desktop computer, the touchpad option is unavailable to me in Devices....
  4. How to enable touchpad settings on a desktop computer when using a bluetooth keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Touchpad Configuration Problem

Touchpad Configuration Problem: The left button on the touchpad doesnt work whenever I press a key on the keyboard as well. It as an Elan touchpad and it doesnt seem to be a hardware problem since I used the setiings to swap the left click with the right click but then the right click started to behave the...
  6. How to use Touchpad and Keyboard at the same time on your Windows computer

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Touchpad and Keyboard at the same time on your Windows computer: [ATTACH]If you can’t figure out a way to enable & use touchpad and keyboard at the same time, this trick shows you how to use […] This article How to use Touchpad and Keyboard at the same time on your Windows computer first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How to enable touchpad settings on a desktop computer

How to enable touchpad settings on a desktop computer: I am trying to get to the touchpad settings found on laptops, but instead on a desktop. I have a Logitech K400 plus, which is a wireless keyboard with a touchpad. I use it when I am sitting in front of my TV, instead of my desk, so I don't have my regular keyboard and...
  8. how to configure desktop window colors

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to configure desktop window colors: I'm new to Windows 10. The background color of my open windows is white, which is the same color as my mouse cursor. How do I change the background color open windows? Thanks....
  9. How to configure windows 10 touchpad?

How to configure windows 10 touchpad?: Hi, I recently bought an HP Omen (up from and HP Envy) and I've noticed that the touchpad settings are different on this new computer. Specifically, that tapping with three fingers opens cortana instead of setting up scrolling or opening/closing tabs in a web browser. I'd...
  10. How to Use and Configure Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Use and Configure Cortana: Got this from How To Geek and figured I'd share before I forget. *Smile How to Use and Configure Cortana on Windows 10 13006