Windows 10: How to Use Bitlocker on Only Non System Drive and without TPM

Discus and support How to Use Bitlocker on Only Non System Drive and without TPM in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to use Bitlocker on my Non System E Drive without TPM. I read somewhere to do the following for without TPM: " Under Local Computer Policy... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sam9, Nov 10, 2015.

1. sam9 Win User

How to Use Bitlocker on Only Non System Drive and without TPM

I want to use Bitlocker on my Non System E Drive without TPM. I read somewhere to do the following for without TPM:

" Under Local Computer Policy navigate to Computer Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ Bit Locker Drive Encryption \ Operating System Drives and double click on Require additional authentication at startup." and so on.

but I am confused because the above note is mentioning "Operating System Drives " wherein I want to turn on Bitlocker on Non System Drive.

Can we turn bitlocker "on" on Non System Drives without turning it "on" on System Drives and Can we turn it "on" on
    a Single Folder instead of Drive.

Please advise step by step.

:)

2. DaveLx1 Win User

Windows 10 Bitlocker - install TPM

My Win 10 Pro system drive is already Bitlocker encrypted without a TPM chip on my motherboard.

If I now install a TPM on the motherboard, will Bitlocker make use of it? How do I enable it?

(I want to boot-up without the USB flash drive containing the Start up key.)

Thanks, --Dave

DaveLx1, Nov 10, 2015
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Bitlocker without a compatible TPM option" Windows 10

If Brien_T's solution does not work then you will need to go into your BIOS and check to see if TPM is enabled from there.

Not all machines have the TPM chip however.

So I would also recommend going to your vendors site and finding out if your device has TPM.

If you do not have TPM but still want to use Bitlocker on your operating system drive and you have either Professional or Enterprise or Education edition of Windows you can set a policy to allow to use a USB flash drive rather than a TPM chip.

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/6229/how-to-use...

SarahKong, Nov 10, 2015
  4. How to Use Bitlocker on Only Non System Drive and without TPM

garydexter, Nov 10, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
  6. sam9 Win User
  7. TPM is for the OS drive.

garydexter, Nov 10, 2015
  8. sam9 Win User

When I go to Bitlocker settings, it shows it is off for C drive. Below this fixed drives mentioned but fixed drives not get clicked. At same place, it is asking to turn on bitlocker which then gives message that TPM is not available and ask to set it without TPM. When I only want bitlocker for non system partition then why it is asking for TPM. Very confusing. I think True Crypt is best for me. My data is not that much sensitive. I simply want that other users of my PC should not get look at my data.

9. So long as their accounts aren't administrator accounts and they don't know any administrator passwords, they won't be able to access your user profile folder where your data is stored.

Failing that just set permissions on the drive so only your user account can access it.

Bitlocker is meant me for drive encrpytion should the drive be stolen or put into another machine

garydexter, Nov 11, 2015
  10. sam9 Win User
    Thanks for this information. I am not worried about drive stolen, so I am not going for bitlocker.

Thema:

1. How to Use Bitlocker on Only Non System Drive and without TPM - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Non System

2. Using BitLocker without a TPM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using BitLocker without a TPM: I have an older PC I want to protect the data on with BitLocker. It's running Windows 10 Pro, and the PC does not have a TPM.If I enable and setup BitLocker without a TPM, and set it to require a password on boot not a USB key, is the password itself encrypted? Normally the...
  3. Using BitLocker without a TPM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using BitLocker without a TPM: I have an older PC I want to protect the data on with BitLocker. It's running Windows 10 Pro, and the PC does not have a TPM.If I enable and setup BitLocker without a TPM, and set it to require a password on boot not a USB key, is the password itself encrypted? Normally the...
  4. Using BitLocker without a TPM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Enable Bitlocker Without TPM

Enable Bitlocker Without TPM: Hello everyone, i need to enable BitLocker on all the computers all parittions inside the company using a script or command line without enabling TPM option and backup the recovery key to AD DS. is there a way to achieve that, i have searched a lot to do this with no...
  6. Bitlocker on a non-TPM computer how secure is the password?

Bitlocker on a non-TPM computer how secure is the password?: I went thru the steps to enable bitlocker without a TPM module. I set it up to enter a password before bootup. Every thing appears to be working okay, but my question is just how secure is the password?! Is it stored on the hard drive unencrypted? How difficult would it be...
  7. Bitlocker on a non-TPM computer how secure is the password?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bitlocker on a non-TPM computer how secure is the password?: I went thru the steps to enable bitlocker without a TPM module. I set it up to enter a password before bootup. Every thing appears to be working okay, but my question is just how secure is the password?! Is it stored on the hard drive unencrypted? How difficult would it be...
  8. How is the TPM involved when encrypting system drives with BitLocker?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How is the TPM involved when encrypting system drives with BitLocker?: Let's say I encrypt my laptop's hard drive with BitLocker and the protectors set are a numerical password (so the recovery key that I can access at aka.ms/myrecoverykey) and a TPM & PIN (so when I start the laptop to get into Windows it needs to recognize the TPM and I need...
  9. Turn On BitLocker for Windows 10 Operating System Drive without TPM

in Windows 10 News
    Turn On BitLocker for Windows 10 Operating System Drive without TPM: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You can choose how to unlock the operating system drive when you turn on your PC with a PIN (requires TPM), Password, or a Startup key on a connected USB flash drive. In this post, we will show you how [...] This post Turn On BitLocker for Windows 10...
  10. Bitlocker without TPM help

Bitlocker without TPM help: Hi all, I've been having a bit of trouble trying to get Bitlocker working on my Dad's laptop. He recently bought a new laptop with Win 7 pro and I upgraded it to Win 10. It all went smoothly except now when I'm trying to get Bitlocker to encrypt his drive. It has an ssd...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to use bitblocker on a fixed data hard drive without tpm

2. bitlocker for non os drive win10 pro

3. bitlocker TPM only

4. I only want to encrypt a folder with bitlocker do I still neeed TPM,
  5. bitlocker of non os driver not using tpm,
  6. booting non system bitlocker drives