Windows 10: How to use built in mic to use as mic for voice recognition for Windows 10?

Discus and support How to use built in mic to use as mic for voice recognition for Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; While setting up voice recognition, Windows asks you to select out of two options, 'use built in mic' or 'set up mic'. I want to use the built in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnnieGordon1, Oct 13, 2019.

1. How to use built in mic to use as mic for voice recognition for Windows 10?

While setting up voice recognition, Windows asks you to select out of two options, 'use built in mic' or 'set up mic'. I want to use the built in microphone for voice recognition. When you select Get Started, a pop up advises that you need to set up your microphone first, yet using your built in mic is given as an option to use. Please help. I want to use the built in microphone as the microphone for voice recognition. How do I do this?

:)

AnnieGordon1, Oct 13, 2019

2. How to use built in mic to use as mic for voice recognition for Windows 10?

While setting up voice recognition, Windows asks you to select out of two options, 'use built in mic' or 'set up mic'. I want to use the built in microphone for voice recognition. When you select Get Started, a pop up advises that you need to set up
    your microphone first, yet using your built in mic is given as an option to use. Please help. I want to use the built in microphone as the microphone for voice recognition. How do I do this?

AnnieGordon1, Oct 30, 2019
  3. How to use built in mic to use as mic for voice recognition for Windows 10?

Hi Roshan, much appreciated, although it still won't allow me to use the voice recognition without installing mic.

Is the fact that I'm using a laptop have anything to do with this problem?

AnnieGordon1, Oct 30, 2019
  4. How to use built in mic to use as mic for voice recognition for Windows 10?

Built-in Mic for Lumia 950 doesn't work when connected to Soundlink Mini

The Bose Soundlink Mini is capable of answering phone calls so it obviously has a Mic.

The trouble is when I want to use the phone Voice recognition with Cortana or any other Windows Phone 10 app. The built in mic is not recognized which breaks a very common usage scenario

• Use Bose Soundlink speaker to listen to music
    • Command Cortana to perform an action with your voice
    I suspect that this issue can be duplicated on other Bluetooth devices that have a Mic.

The Soundlink does have mulit-function button which is supposed to activate Cortana but this doesn't work very well. I have called Bose to report the problem with their speaker unknown what they will do.

But this problem could also be solved if the OS was smarter in how it handled voice recognition when connected to a Bluetooth device.

• When the phone's icon for the Mic is pressed use the built-in Mic
    • When the activation sequence on the Bluetooth device's is signaled (which in my case is the Soundlink multi-function button) to make or receive a call use the Bluetooth device.
    • Otherwise default to the built-in Mic such as if you make a call

Bob Landau, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

How to use built in mic to use as mic for voice recognition for Windows 10?

1. How to use built in mic to use as mic for voice recognition for Windows 10? - Similar Threads - built mic mic

2. How to use laptops built in mic instead of earphone mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use laptops built in mic instead of earphone mic: Basically when I plug in my earphone, the laptop switches to the earphones mic and I want it to use the built in mic but there seems to be no way to change or switch between them and some solution states that I can switch between them at the control panel or smt but there's...
  3. How to use laptops built in mic instead of earphone mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use laptops built in mic instead of earphone mic: Basically when I plug in my earphone, the laptop switches to the earphones mic and I want it to use the built in mic but there seems to be no way to change or switch between them and some solution states that I can switch between them at the control panel or smt but there's...
  4. How to use headphones mic instead of laptop built-in mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use headphones mic instead of laptop built-in mic: Please help, my laptop only has one input device available which is the RealtekR even though my headphones are connected and thus the mic is coming from the built in laptop mic...
  5. How to use headphones mic instead of laptop built-in mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use headphones mic instead of laptop built-in mic: Please help, my laptop only has one input device available which is the RealtekR even though my headphones are connected and thus the mic is coming from the built in laptop mic...
  6. Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic: Why hello!I've recently received a headset with a 3.5mm 4 pin TRRS headphone jack. The output works fine, as in I can hear audio when wearing them, however my laptop is still using its own in-built mic instead of the headset mic. As an aside, I've tested using the headset...
  7. Laptop using built in mic instead of headset mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop using built in mic instead of headset mic: Hi, so I've had this problem for a while now and having trouble finding a solution. When I go into my sound settings, I don't even see my headset there, only the built in mic. Any suggestions would be appreciated. submitted by /u/theinevitable420 [link] [comments]...
  8. Laptop using built in mic instead of headphone mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop using built in mic instead of headphone mic: My laptop is not using my headphone mic. This used to not be a problem, but now it is and it's fairly annoying. I have gone into Control Panel to manually select the headphone mic, however only two mic options appear "Microphone - Realtek High Definition Audio" & "Microphone...
  9. How to use the built-in laptop mic instead of earphones' mic?

How to use the built-in laptop mic instead of earphones' mic?: Hello, I am currently using a laptop with a dual audio port (one for audio output and one for audio input - microphone). Last week I bought the HyperX Cloud Earbuds, its mic worked perfectly on my mobile phone but didn't work as well on the laptop. I bought a audio splitting...
  10. Using the Built-In Mic Instead of Earbud Mic

Using the Built-In Mic Instead of Earbud Mic: Hi all, I've had this problem for a while now where no matter what kind of earbuds I'm wearing, the default recording device is always the built-in microphone on my laptop. I've opened up recording settings and I don't see a specific device listed as the in-line mic built...