Windows 10: how to use cellular datacard and Ethernet network card at same time

Discus and support how to use cellular datacard and Ethernet network card at same time in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; there are two network cards in my PC(windows 10) if active cellular datacard only I can use internet if active ethernet network card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fangyangyang, Jul 31, 2019.

1. how to use cellular datacard and Ethernet network card at same time

there are two network cards in my PC(windows 10)
    if active cellular datacard only I can use internet

if active ethernet network card only I can use internal network

but when I enable cellular datacard and ethernet network card at same time, I can't use internet,only can use internal network, if I disable Ethernet network card, I can use internet via cellular network card

cellular datacard active with IP and default gateway

ethernet network card active without gateway and I use route add to add IP route

could you help me solve this issue? I wanna use them at same time. thank you.

:)

fangyangyang, Jul 31, 2019
  2. ericnixmd Win User

Cellular Disconnected

I have a cellular modem in my Dell Precision 3520. I used it Friday without any problems at all. Today, as I'm at work, I cannot connect to AT&T's cellular network.

When I click the network icon in the system tray, it shows my cellular connection as "AT&T (HSPA)" and then reads "Disconnected" underneath it. It shows 5 bars. If I open network properties and try to troubleshoot the adapter, it gives me a SIM2 error that says I need to enter a PIN code (there is no PIN code on the SIM card, but just for troubleshooting purposes I added one, still got the same error, and then ultimately removed it again).

Things I have tried so far:
    • Toggling cellular on/off
    • Rebooted computer (several times)
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver (twice)
    • System restore to the point where it was working the other day
    • Ejecting the SIM card and reinserting it
    • Verifying that data is turned on with my AT&T count
    • Enabling/disabling PIN code
    • Resetting network settings via command prompt
    • Creating a new APN (with phone, NXTGENPHONE, etc.)

Any tips?

ericnixmd, Jul 31, 2019
  3. JackWu3 Win User
    No internet access over cellular while Ethernet is plugged in

Hi,

I am trying to use cellular and Ethernet networks at the same time. However, my Ethernet does not provide internet access, only network storage access, but it stops the cellular internet as soon as I plug in my Ethernet cable

Is there any ways I can still use cellular data while I am accessing my network storage on Ethernet?

Regards,

Jack

JackWu3, Jul 31, 2019
  4. rez001 Win User

how to use cellular datacard and Ethernet network card at same time

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

how to use cellular datacard and Ethernet network card at same time install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

how to use cellular datacard and Ethernet network card at same time pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

how to use cellular datacard and Ethernet network card at same time select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

how to use cellular datacard and Ethernet network card at same time Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

how to use cellular datacard and Ethernet network card at same time

1. how to use cellular datacard and Ethernet network card at same time - Similar Threads - cellular datacard Ethernet

2. Using Wi-Fi and Ethernet on same time not work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Wi-Fi and Ethernet on same time not work properly: Dear connoisseurs,Please help to solve my problem.I`m using Wi-Fi and ethernet at the same time on my Windows 11. I can't set up settings for both connections, like which application can use via Wi-Fi and which use via ethernet. I try to change my Wi-Fi to private network and...
  3. Using Wi-Fi and Ethernet on same time not work properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Wi-Fi and Ethernet on same time not work properly: Dear connoisseurs,Please help to solve my problem.I`m using Wi-Fi and ethernet at the same time on my Windows 11. I can't set up settings for both connections, like which application can use via Wi-Fi and which use via ethernet. I try to change my Wi-Fi to private network and...
  4. How do i get cellular and ethernet to work at the same time?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i get cellular and ethernet to work at the same time?: i am having trouble with getting my windows 10 pc on cellular for internet and using the ethernet ip for connecting to the PLC to program at the same time.is there a way i can have my ethernet just used for static ip for the PLC and the cellular for gaining access to the...
  5. Is there a Program to use two networks at the same time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a Program to use two networks at the same time?: I have three wifi networks. I have to download a game thats 70Gb, if i have to wifi adapters plugged into my computer, is there a program where i can use one adapter hooked up to one wifi network to download my game, then use the other adapter to play other games on another...
  6. Cellular network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cellular network: In the cellular network settings I'm unable to check the "Let Windows keep me connected" check box. I have connected my USB 4G dongleSIM7600G and the device is responding to the AT commands. I have attached the screenshots for the reference. PC Specs OS - Windows 10 Home...
  7. cellular network

cellular network: please my HP EITEBOOK FOLIO 9480M is not displaying the CELLULAR options in my settings how do i resolve this. For windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cellular-network/db2962fb-1898-46b5-a9f5-641a9be6a97c
  8. Use Machine with Cellular connection as a gateway over ethernet

Use Machine with Cellular connection as a gateway over ethernet: I have one machine (Machine A) running Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). It has a cellular connection to the internet using a Telit module. It does not have Wifi. I want other machines to be able to access the internet via the Ethernet cable using machine A. I know I am supposed to...
  9. network connectivity with a cellular sim card

network connectivity with a cellular sim card: a sim slot is already given in my device hp elite folio9480m but it does not support window 10 os {64bit} then what can i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-connectivity-with-a-cellular-sim-card/6fe3c726-9667-420b-8449-79beeec9ee19
  10. Gigabit Ethernet network card

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gigabit Ethernet network card: How can I configure my 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet network card for maximum speed in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gigabit-ethernet-network-card/70b58a43-e662-4cf9-9a34-d740fa754076

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cellular before ethernet as default win 10 gateway