Windows 10: how to use certificates

Discus and support how to use certificates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how to use certificates and properly install them on a windows 10 system?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MTORRES510, May 10, 2019.

1. how to use certificates

how to use certificates and properly install them on a windows 10 system?

:)

MTORRES510, May 10, 2019
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Security certificate issue

Hi Doug,

To help you resolve your concern, please follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge and access Nextdoor.com, click
      Continue to this website (not recommended). There should be a
      Certificate warning
      that will appear.
    • Click the Certificate Error button to open the information window.
    • Click View Certificates, and then click Install Certificate.
    • On the warning message that appears, click Yes to install the certificate.

Please let us know the outcome

Ryan Fra, May 10, 2019
  3. N8 certificates not trusted/don't match the name

Well I worked out for myself how to verify the certificates are genuine:

• Using a desktop computer
    • Go to the page with the certificates
    • Select a certificate
    • It will say either:
      • Certificate already exists - this confirms that the certificate on the website matches one already in your browser, which we already trust, therefore the certificate on the website is trustworthy
      • Asks if you want to install the certificate, DON'T.
        • First view the certificate details.
        • Copy the certificate serial number or SHA1/SHA256/MD5/etc hash
        • Paste this into a search engine
        • If another website that you trust lists the certificate, e.g. your phone manufacturer or another trusted website (preferably a secure website, therefore you have confidence the website is genuine), then you can trust the certificate
        • If no trustworthy sites are returned in the search then try another hash or serial number
        • If you can't find any trustworthy sites listing the certificate then I suggest you don't trust it.
    • Finally, if you decide you trust a certificate then you can download and install on your phone.

CurvyClover488, May 10, 2019
  4. how to use certificates

security certificate

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to know if this issue occur on Different Web browsers too?

I would suggest you to try the following steps, when you access secured website you may get this error message.

1. Open Internet Explorer and verify that the page you are trying to view is listing a certificate error.

2. To clear the certificate error goes to Tools --> Internet Options from the menu of IE 11.

3. Click on the advanced tab and scroll down to the security section. Clear the boxes for: "Check for publisher's certificate revocation" and "Check for server certificate revocation".

4. Click Apply and Ok.

5. Attempt to reload the page by clicking the Refresh button at the end of the address bar or by pressing the F5 key. Your page should now load as expected.

This error can be cause by the SSL certificate of the website – maybe it was not issued by a trusted Certification Authority on the client side. It could even be an attempt to fool you or intercept data you send to the server. Or maybe the certificate has
    expired.

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/931850

I would suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps:

Certificate errors: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/certificate-errors-faq#ie=ie-11

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Swathi Ravichandran, May 10, 2019
Thema:

how to use certificates

1. how to use certificates - Similar Threads - certificates

2. Certifications not visible anymore on my personal id

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certifications not visible anymore on my personal id: HI .I had my personal and previous work account linked and had 4 certifications done with that MCId. I joined another organization and noticed that all my previous certifcations are not visible on my personal account which are earlier mapped to prev organization. How can I...
  3. Certifications not visible anymore on my personal id

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certifications not visible anymore on my personal id: HI .I had my personal and previous work account linked and had 4 certifications done with that MCId. I joined another organization and noticed that all my previous certifcations are not visible on my personal account which are earlier mapped to prev organization. How can I...
  4. SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed: since AMD not letting me post a question, cry for help i am back with event logs errorOS - Windows 10 Home 22H2 64bit up to date Motherboard - Gigabyte B450M DS3H v1 TPM and Secure Boot enabled in BIOS BIOS version - F2 since using Ryzen 3 2200G so not planning to update...
  5. SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed: since AMD not letting me post a question, cry for help i am back with event logs errorOS - Windows 10 Home 22H2 64bit up to date Motherboard - Gigabyte B450M DS3H v1 TPM and Secure Boot enabled in BIOS BIOS version - F2 since using Ryzen 3 2200G so not planning to update...
  6. SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed

7. Microsoft Certification Exam : I don't have Last Name in any of my official documents. what...

Microsoft Certification Exam : I don't have Last Name in any of my official documents. what...: My name is Shraddha, I will be attending Microsoft certification exam soon, As last name is mandatory I have entered my father's name though in official ID his name is not present, will this effect me during my exam process. I tried entering _,"." , "-" and "_" in the last...
  8. Microsoft Certification Exam : I don't have Last Name in any of my official documents. what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Certification Exam : I don't have Last Name in any of my official documents. what...: My name is Shraddha, I will be attending Microsoft certification exam soon, As last name is mandatory I have entered my father's name though in official ID his name is not present, will this effect me during my exam process. I tried entering _,"." , "-" and "_" in the last...
  9. Unknown Unstrusted Personal Certificate Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Unstrusted Personal Certificate Google Chrome: Hi, recently I saw an unknown untrusted certificate on the personal tab on google chrome certificates below my personal one that I have since years. The certificate was issued and valid for the same "person", that was a bunch of numbers and types in this format...
  10. Unknown Unstrusted Personal Certificate Google Chrome

Unknown Unstrusted Personal Certificate Google Chrome: Hi, recently I saw an unknown untrusted certificate on the personal tab on google chrome certificates below my personal one that I have since years. The certificate was issued and valid for the same "person", that was a bunch of numbers and types in this format...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nextdoor sign in problems