Windows 10: How to use Chromecast on new Edge Chromium browser

Discus and support How to use Chromecast on new Edge Chromium browser in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft’s Edge browser seems to have gotten a new lease of life with the Chromium engine. This version of the Edge browser supports... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 22, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to use Chromecast on new Edge Chromium browser

How to use Chromecast on new Edge Chromium browser edge-chromium-browser-3-100x100.png
    How to use Chromecast on new Edge Chromium browser edge-chromium-browser-3-150x114.png Microsoft’s Edge browser seems to have gotten a new lease of life with the Chromium engine. This version of the Edge browser supports Chrome extensions and also offers native Chromecast streaming. Most of us use cast or mirror our laptops [...]

This post How to use Chromecast on new Edge Chromium browser is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 22, 2019
  2. LEOPEVA64 Win User

Microsoft’s new Chromium Edge browser leaked online.

No, and maybe there are not going to be any more leaked versions, I think Microsoft has already taken steps so that there are no more leaks:

Microsoft’s new Chromium Edge browser leaked online.

Although you never know, suddenly someone else will appear to leak the new versions or maybe Microsoft will decide to release the first official build these days.

LEOPEVA64, May 22, 2019
  3. How can one use Chromecast using Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Browser?

I have Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Browser and those three horizontal lines on the upper right screen below the X to close out the Browser has a list of features including "Cast to Device" and when I click on that option my Chromecast version 1 are not one
    of the devices on the network that the Microsoft Edge Browser recognizes.

In fact, my Dell computer has an HDMI "INPUT" that I actually inserted my Chromecast into and the Chromecast when using the HDMI input on the Dell All-In-One PC Desktop/Tablet type Device, it acts just like it would if I had it attached to my HDMI input
    via my SmartTV?

Is there a plug-in I am missing that needs to be loaded onto EDGE? Apparently, Microsoft has already confirmed that EDGE is a 100% 4K UHD Compliant Browser, which to knowledge is the only Browser currently certified as UHD ready, neither CHROME or FIREFOX
    or any of the other Browsers are UHD ready, so from that perspective even though Chromecast is only 1080p at best, it likely is still not obsolete given if you have a 4K monitor with upscaling functionality, then anything you cast onto the Chromecast in 1080p,
    likely would invariably be up-converted to 4K in the EDGE Browser ONLY, NOT Google CHROME or FIREFOX.....
    Any suggestions?

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chromecast/h3X4BH6kS4k;context-place=forum/chromecast

David Martin Graff, May 22, 2019
  4. How to use Chromecast on new Edge Chromium browser

windows 10 edge browser does not see or connect to new chromecast ultra 4k from google

I have installed the new Chromecast ultra 4k and it works correctly under Chrome, however, when I try to connect to it through the Edge browser it does not show up as an option. The Edge browser can see the older Chromecast but it does not operate correctly.
    I thought I had read that the Edge browser does now support Chromecast.

putzenkatze, May 22, 2019
Thema:

How to use Chromecast on new Edge Chromium browser

1. How to use Chromecast on new Edge Chromium browser - Similar Threads - Chromecast Edge Chromium

2. MS Edge Chromium Browser.

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Edge Chromium Browser.: Hello Is it possible for the new Edge Chromium browser to automatically open and already have pages that were open in the past . In MS Edge ,it was possible where in user closes Edge opens it and it has pages already/still has the pages open in the past. Regards, Rakesh...
  3. How to uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser is probably the best browser that might now keep in mind that it offers all the features that Chrome has to […] This article How to uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Question about the new Chromium based Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Question about the new Chromium based Edge Browser: Hi. I was was wondering if anyone has an opinion on weather it's ok at this time to manually download and install the new Edge Browser or wait until Windows Update pushes the update. I do like the Edge Browser although I use Firefox as my default browser. I have a HP Desktop...
  5. How to turn off media autoplay in new chromium edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to turn off media autoplay in new chromium edge browser: Does anyone know how to turn off media autoplay for a web site in the new edge browser? I found a setting in the settings section but take a look at this text and see if you can understand what this means: [img] "Media will be blocked based upon what you've blocked in the...
  6. How to Chromecast from Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to Chromecast from Edge browser: Windows 10 Pro 1903 ver 18362.535 I have read that Edge supports the use of Chromecast to send from a webpage. In particular I quote this link How to Cast Media from Microsoft Edge to Google Chromecast "The “Cast tab” will find all the Chromecast devices on your network. And...
  7. Opinion On New Chromium Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Opinion On New Chromium Edge Browser: Hi All, I just thought I'd ask the question for those of us that are actually using the new chromium edge browser, how are you feeling about it by now ? I'm using the latest 'canary' build, at least for me it seems to be steadily improving. I seem to find myself using chrome...
  8. How to reset the new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to reset the new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If your new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser is not working properly, you may have to Reset the Edge browser. Maybe the browser starts slowly, is slow to respond, hangs, crashes or generally does not work efficiently as it should. In [...] This post How...
  9. Chromium Edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Chromium Edge browser?: When will Chromium Edge be rolling out to general users? Will Chromium Edge be preinstalled on future releases of Windows 10? Read several reviews on this new Edge and looks promising. Just don’t want to keep installing Chrome every time I install Windows. So really my...
  10. Microsoft’s new Chromium Edge browser leaked online.

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft’s new Chromium Edge browser leaked online.: Microsoft’s upcoming Chromium-powered Edge browser has leaked online. Download links for the browser have been posted to file sharing sites and popular beta sharing forums. The leaked version appears to be an early copy of what Microsoft is expected to release in public...