Windows 10: How to use cmd to reassign c drive ownership to trusted installer?

Discus and support How to use cmd to reassign c drive ownership to trusted installer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've had problems with my when I fixed it finally from are saltine recycle bin I had accidentally renamed the C drive since then it will not boot how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichaelPierangelino, Oct 28, 2019.

1. How to use cmd to reassign c drive ownership to trusted installer?

I've had problems with my when I fixed it finally from are saltine recycle bin I had accidentally renamed the C drive since then it will not boot how can I use commands to restore permission to trustedinstaller for C drive

:)

MichaelPierangelino, Oct 28, 2019
  2. Anna Bon Win User

Reassign shorcut

Let us perform some other process. You can reassign some keys to access different commands, shortcuts, or Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center features to better fit your work style.

Please note that the options listed in this wizard vary depending on the key selected. For example, since you cannot reassign the Windows key, the only option available is to disable it. To reassign a key, please follow the steps below:

• Using the keyboard that you want to configure, start Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center.
    • From the displayed list of key names, select the key you want to reassign.
    • In the command list of the key that you want to reassign, select a command.

Let us know the outcome of the steps provided.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Oct 28, 2019
  3. C-Dog3 Win User
    I made the mistake of changing ownership of all files/folders on the root c-drive, need repair options

So, my original issue was that I could not open the Windows Store and like an idiot I searched the web and found a suggestion to change the ownership of some files/folders. So, I did it at the root level of the c-drive and let it recurse the entire drive.

As a result, several apps like Chrome, Firefox, Team Viewer, and Photshop have stopped working. I get and access denied error when trying to open/start the app.

I've tried correcting this by reassigning ownership back to the TrustedInstaller account, but that hasn't really worked. I have now changed ownership to my account user, which is in the Administrators group and most of the apps are working again.

My main issue now is that apps are still unstable and I generally don't trust my computer. Aside from doing a clean install of Windows, do I have any other options?

C-Dog3, Oct 28, 2019
  4. How to use cmd to reassign c drive ownership to trusted installer?

Trusted Installer

Hi Diane ,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are facing issues when you are trying to delete files.

Trusted installer's main function is to enable installation, removal and modification of Windows Updates and optional system components.

For this issue, I suggest that you try to change the ownership of the file that you are not able to delete and check if the issue persist.

Please login to administrator account before performing the below steps.

Follow the steps mentioned below to change the ownership of the file or folder:

• Press and hold the folder that you want to take ownership of, then tap
      Properties
      . (If you are using a mouse, right-click the folder, and then click
      Properties.)
    • Tap or click the Security tab, tap or click Advanced, then tap or click
      Change. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Type the name of the person that you want to give ownership to, and then click
      Check Names.
    • Note: the account name for the person that you are assigning ownership to is displayed.
    • Click OK.
    • If you want this person to be the owner of the files and subfolders that are contained in this folder, select the
      Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
    • Click OK.
    After trying all the above steps I would suggest you to try deleting the specific file which you weren’t able to delete.

Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

How to use cmd to reassign c drive ownership to trusted installer?

1. How to use cmd to reassign c drive ownership to trusted installer? - Similar Threads - cmd reassign drive

2. Took ownership of C: drive, cannot even do a clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Took ownership of C: drive, cannot even do a clean install: Hello everyone!So I took ownership of my C: drive and now, I don't even have the option to do a clean install. Now, Windows isn't completely broken, but I cannot run .exe files, task manager does not even open & the right-click menu on any file or folder makes File Explorer...
  3. Change ownership of Windows directary back to Trusted Installer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change ownership of Windows directary back to Trusted Installer.: So I'm very new when it comes to being an admin user, and as such I F####ed up the computer by making my user account the owner of the whole "This PC\OS C:\Windows". Now I'm wondering how do I change the ownership of the directory back to trusted installer from the current...
  4. Change ownership of Windows directary back to Trusted Installer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change ownership of Windows directary back to Trusted Installer.: So I'm very new when it comes to being an admin user, and as such I F####ed up the computer by making my user account the owner of the whole "This PC\OS C:\Windows". Now I'm wondering how do I change the ownership of the directory back to trusted installer from the current...
  5. Change ownership of Windows directary back to Trusted Installer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Extened c drive with CMD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extened c drive with CMD: When I am trying to extend my c drive.. it's not showing the extend volume brighten. How can i extend my volume with CMD or anyother way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extened-c-drive-with-cmd/e55912e7-0d1e-4747-9fd7-b3fdacd9484c
  7. Limit Ownership to Drive C

in Windows 10 Support
    Limit Ownership to Drive C: Hi, Is there a way to prevent Windows from taking Ownership of External Drives, and other Partition other than C: ? Thank you. 58095
  8. Took Ownership over C Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Took Ownership over C Drive: So I did something stupid and now my computer isn't running properly. Ever since I took ownership of the C Drive it takes over an hour, almost two, to boot up. Luckily for me this is the only problem I have noticed. I cannot revert back to original ownership (Trusted...
  9. how to change ownership of c drive to everyone?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to change ownership of c drive to everyone?: Is there a way to change ownership of the C drive to everyone? I tried right clicking, Security -> Add -> Everyone (check name showed ok), then set it to full control, and hit apply, but when I open a command prompt and type echo # > bla, it still fails?? I can see its...
  10. How to take ownership of system files via CMD?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to take ownership of system files via CMD?: Google failed me this, people mentioned using setacl/subinacl, but no idea, how to use it. Running typical commands as admin does not work for system folders/files. Like those: takeown /f "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender" /a /r /d y icacls "C:\Program Files\Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reassign drive C

2. rusted installer on C drive