Windows 10: How to use Defender Endpoint to find versions of SSL and TLS on the network

Discus and support How to use Defender Endpoint to find versions of SSL and TLS on the network in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'd like to use Defender Endpoint to identify all open SSL and TLS ports, and the versions of SSL and TLS on them. Can that be done with a Kusto query?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Peter C Van, May 27, 2021.

1. How to use Defender Endpoint to find versions of SSL and TLS on the network

I'd like to use Defender Endpoint to identify all open SSL and TLS ports, and the versions of SSL and TLS on them. Can that be done with a Kusto query? If so, what is the query? I've been looking in the query interface itself, plus Github and web searches and can't find anything.Thanks

:)

Peter C Van, May 27, 2021

2. TLS AND SSL

WOULD YOU KINDLY ADVISE ME IF THE FOLLOWING SHOULD BE ENABLED ON MY COMPUTER SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0 TLS 1.0 TLS 1.1 TLS 1.2.

moirabartle, May 27, 2021
  3. TLS AND SSL

TLS 1.0 TLS 1.1 TLS 1.2 should be enabled not SSL 2.0 or 3.0 as there are security vuls for SSL 2.0 / 3.0 which can be exploited.

There is also a security advisory from Microsoft for SSL 3.0 - Vulnerability in SSL 3.0 Could Allow Information Disclosure -

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/security-updat...

Vijay_Verma, May 27, 2021
  4. curatia Win User

How to use Defender Endpoint to find versions of SSL and TLS on the network

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, May 27, 2021
Thema:

How to use Defender Endpoint to find versions of SSL and TLS on the network

1. How to use Defender Endpoint to find versions of SSL and TLS on the network - Similar Threads - Defender Endpoint find

2. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender for Endpoint: Hi Reader, Does Microsoft Defender for endpoint have application whitelisting functionality? Any recommended implementation article would be appreciated.Thank you....
  3. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender for Endpoint: Hi Reader, Does Microsoft Defender for endpoint have application whitelisting functionality? Any recommended implementation article would be appreciated.Thank you....
  4. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. microsoft defender for endpoint

microsoft defender for endpoint: Hi fam, please help Microsoft Defender for Endpoint does not show alerts at all. please help what might be the problem. * Moved from Health & Band https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-defender-for-endpoint/1dfa5bbd-396a-4cb9-9f2d-d55ae4c1cf2c
  6. SSL/TLS channel

in Browsers and Email
    SSL/TLS channel: Since a few days I get the message ; " The request is cancelled , can not make a secured SSL/TLS channel " , when trying to update a program in Win10 , on IE11. Very strange , seen this message never before ! Any idea , would be very welcome .............*Smile 143944
  7. SSL/TLS

in Windows 10 Customization
    SSL/TLS: I get an error that SSL/TLS is not setup. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssltls/5e109a29-7523-4251-b40d-60a342189920
  8. SSL/TLS White List

SSL/TLS White List: i tried to open a program but this shows ?! [ATTACH] Details See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was...
  9. How do I enable SSL and TLS options in Edge and Chrome?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I enable SSL and TLS options in Edge and Chrome?: When I go to certain websites, I get a message from the websites that says my browser is not secure. It recommends enabling SSL and TLS options or updating my browser. Both my Edge and Chrome browsers are up to date. I do not see any such setting in either of them. I do not...
  10. How Can You View The SSL/TLS Certificate in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How Can You View The SSL/TLS Certificate in Microsoft Edge: In Internet Explorer you could click on the HTTPS padlock in the address bar and click 'View Certificates', or right-click on the webpage and go to Properties > Certificates. How can you view the SSL/TLS Certificate in Microsoft Edge, without switching back to Internet...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender ssl