Windows 10: How to use DISM to Restore my Windows installationC: from a winre.win image in Recovery...

Discus and support How to use DISM to Restore my Windows installationC: from a winre.win image in Recovery... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I am in need of your help please. I was trying to increase the size of my Efi System partition so as to accommodate the boot files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Blossom Ayogu, Jul 31, 2020.

1. How to use DISM to Restore my Windows installationC: from a winre.win image in Recovery...

Hello everybody, I am in need of your help please.

I was trying to increase the size of my Efi System partition so as to accommodate the boot files for other Operating Systems i was trying multiboot. I was using AOMEI partition manager to do that. The process required a system restart to complete of which my system restarted but could now no longer boot into my windows log in screen, even after multiple restart.

I think i passed the boot phase, because i could access my BIOS. I also think i passes the boot loader phase, because the Microsoft cooperation sign shows up and loads for a while before disappearing. But the Microsoft blue screen with the moving dots doesn't display, neither does it take me to the log in screen.

I am thinking it is because the AOMEI partition manager software service is stopping the boot process.

My Recovery environment showed up during the initial stages, but i can now not get into it, though i can still see the recovery partition intact when i try booting from an installation media. I guess its because i messed around with my Efi partition in a bid to solve the problem by fixing, formating, rebuilding etc. But the problem still remained. I have tried startup repair, chkdsk, sfc, system restore to last known good state booting from a Windows 10 installation media, but it is either, there would be an error, or the process would complete successfully but the problem still remains.

Now my next line of action is to reset using the recovery environment but I cant get into it. I only have a windows 10 1803 installation media that i now use to boot to try troubleshooting. But my windows OS is version 2004.

So my question is: How can i use DISM to use the winre.wim image that is in a separate recovery partition to reset or restore or fix my Windows installation using a windows 10 installation disk?

:)

Blossom Ayogu, Jul 31, 2020

2. how to restore pc from recovery partition

Hello,

I've hp dv 6226tx.

I've ost my recovery disks and i need to reinstall windows vista in my laptop.

it has d: as recovery partition, nut i had created 3 other partition too in my hdd.

is it possible to restore my laptop using this partition? if yes, how?

I've tried F11 but it does nothing and F10 leads to bios setup.

Thanks.

freebird_9924, Jul 31, 2020
  3. DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Jul 31, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

How to use DISM to Restore my Windows installationC: from a winre.win image in Recovery...

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

How to use DISM to Restore my Windows installationC: from a winre.win image in Recovery... [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

How to use DISM to Restore my Windows installationC: from a winre.win image in Recovery...

1. How to use DISM to Restore my Windows installationC: from a winre.win image in Recovery... - Similar Threads - DISM Restore installationC

2. Using DISM with a downloaded image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using DISM with a downloaded image: I'm trying to repair a windows 10 installation that is unstable even in safe mode.Within the recovery environment sfc reports errorsdism / online failsso I'm trying to use DISM with a downloaded image on a USB drive.wmic logicaldisk get name shows the USB drive as drive E:...
  3. Using DISM with a downloaded image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using DISM with a downloaded image: I'm trying to repair a windows 10 installation that is unstable even in safe mode.Within the recovery environment sfc reports errorsdism / online failsso I'm trying to use DISM with a downloaded image on a USB drive.wmic logicaldisk get name shows the USB drive as drive E:...
  4. Using DISM with a downloaded image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How does WinRE option "Recovery from a drive" determine which drive to restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does WinRE option "Recovery from a drive" determine which drive to restore?: Hi, my laptop has three NVME SSDs, the first is a 1TB samsung 970Pro for Windows OS, Second is a 1TB Intel 660P for some temp files, and the third one is a 2TB Samsung 980Pro for all my personal data.Some days ago, I created a recovery drive in Windows 10, and after I boot...
  6. How does WinRE option "Recovery from a drive" determine which drive to restore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How does WinRE option "Recovery from a drive" determine which drive to restore?: Hi, my laptop has three NVME SSDs, the first is a 1TB samsung 970Pro for Windows OS, Second is a 1TB Intel 660P for some temp files, and the third one is a 2TB Samsung 980Pro for all my personal data.Some days ago, I created a recovery drive in Windows 10, and after I boot...
  7. How does WinRE option "Recovery from a drive" determine which drive to restore?

8. Dism failing in restoring health of Windows Image

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dism failing in restoring health of Windows Image: I am trying to restore health of my Win 10 Pro image. I downloaded the fresh Win 10 64 bit ISO from MS. Converted the install.esd to install.wim. But after running 82.9% Dism is failing with the error that source file could not be found.I first kept install.wim in root...
  9. Using DISM to restore offline image

Using DISM to restore offline image: Hi Microsoft, My windows 10 bootloader is corrupted. I receive errors 0xc0000225 and 0xc0000098 while booting. I have found different methods on internet to fix it but none of it seemed to work. I was trying to repair my image using dism.exe but the problem i am facing...
  10. restoring win 10 with Win 8.0 recovery image

restoring win 10 with Win 8.0 recovery image: I have an ASUS laptop which came with 8.0. When I got it I made a restore image copy. The laptop was then upgraded to win 10. I did not make a new restore image copy. Now I have a problem the laptop keeps rebooting tried restore but after a while will reboot again! It asks...