Windows 10: How to use DISM without ISO image (i.e computer is updated automatically)

Discus and support How to use DISM without ISO image (i.e computer is updated automatically) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop is in deep trouble for the last couple of days ( firing blue screens every time with a new stop code, shutdowns, restarts etc.). I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mehmood.A.Z, Jul 13, 2019.

1. How to use DISM without ISO image (i.e computer is updated automatically)

My laptop is in deep trouble for the last couple of days ( firing blue screens every time with a new stop code, shutdowns, restarts etc.). I need to restore its health with DISM. Laptop is on auto updates and current Version is 1903 (OS build 18362.207). This mean that I have not any ISO image that can be mounted when DISM failed to locate source.

*Problem starts in previous version couple of days ago.

*No change of hardware or software.

Is there any solution to this problem. Thanks in advance.

:)

Mehmood.A.Z, Jul 13, 2019
  2. RejZoR Win User

How to get damn DISM to work?

Thx guys, I'll compress this data into a blog post. For all the so called guides I've read, not a single one mentioned it has to be WIM file (some listed even ESD which clearly doesn't work) or that certain ISO images don't work with DISM.

After I've done DISM thingie, SFC also managed to repair stuff. Which is what I've needed here.

RejZoR, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jul 13, 2019
  4. jbunch07 Win User

How to use DISM without ISO image (i.e computer is updated automatically)

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile How to use DISM without ISO image (i.e computer is updated automatically) :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

How to use DISM without ISO image (i.e computer is updated automatically)

1. How to use DISM without ISO image (i.e computer is updated automatically) - Similar Threads - DISM without ISO

2. Using DISM with a downloaded image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using DISM with a downloaded image: I'm trying to repair a windows 10 installation that is unstable even in safe mode.Within the recovery environment sfc reports errorsdism / online failsso I'm trying to use DISM with a downloaded image on a USB drive.wmic logicaldisk get name shows the USB drive as drive E:...
  3. Using DISM with a downloaded image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using DISM with a downloaded image: I'm trying to repair a windows 10 installation that is unstable even in safe mode.Within the recovery environment sfc reports errorsdism / online failsso I'm trying to use DISM with a downloaded image on a USB drive.wmic logicaldisk get name shows the USB drive as drive E:...
  4. Using DISM with a downloaded image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to update to Windows 11 22H2 using an ISO image

in Windows 10 News
    How to update to Windows 11 22H2 using an ISO image: Microsoft released Windows 11 22H2 last night, you can read about it in our previous coverage. The update is rolling out to users slowly, but if you can't wait to try the new features in it, you can install it on your computer manually. [ATTACH] Installing Windows 11 22H2...
  6. Can I use insider updates without an ISO?

Can I use insider updates without an ISO?: I Just Don't Want My Data Wiped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-insider-updates-without-an-iso/2a1e4fd9-de95-4fe7-89fb-9e457964cda1
  7. Using DISM to restore offline image

Using DISM to restore offline image: Hi Microsoft, My windows 10 bootloader is corrupted. I receive errors 0xc0000225 and 0xc0000098 while booting. I have found different methods on internet to fix it but none of it seemed to work. I was trying to repair my image using dism.exe but the problem i am facing...
  8. DISM - Create Bootable ISO with Multiple Windows 10 Images

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    DISM - Create Bootable ISO with Multiple Windows 10 Images: How to: DISM - Create Bootable ISO with Multiple Windows 10 Images [img] Information Quite a many of us Windows geeks are in to customizing Windows install images. For instance, I like to do three different deployment / install images of the same Windows version and...
  9. DISM only works with ISO Image

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM only works with ISO Image: I have a Dell XPS 8700 with a clean install of WIN10 that has been running without errors since early August. Yesterday I decided to run SFC /scannow to see if everything was OK. It reported that the file "Microsoft.PowerShell.Host.psd1" needed to be fixed but ultimately...
  10. ISO flavors and DISM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ISO flavors and DISM: The Windows MCT creates an ISO with an Install.esd file. The TechBench ISO download has an Install.wim file. I've seen some posts that say the Install.esd file cannot be used with DISM. I've seen some posts that show a complicated method of using Install.esd with DISM....