Windows 10: How to use double click to get MS Photo to open *.jpg file without an error message?

Discus and support How to use double click to get MS Photo to open *.jpg file without an error message? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I double click on a *.jpg file I receive a "cannot find" error message stating windows cannot access the file. This occurs when I have the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pauly_364, Jun 21, 2024.

1. pauly_364 Win User

How to use double click to get MS Photo to open *.jpg file without an error message?

When I double click on a *.jpg file I receive a "cannot find" error message stating windows cannot access the file. This occurs when I have the windows photo app set as the default. With paint as the default, I do not receive this message.Oddly enough, when I right click and choose the "open with" option, and select photos, I do not receive this message and the file opens up as expected. I can double click other file extensions without this error.Any suggestions on what may be the issue, and any suggestions on resolution would be helpful. Thanks.

:)

pauly_364, Jun 21, 2024
  2. pauly_364 Win User

How to use double click to get MS Photo to open *.jpg file without an error message?

When I double click on a *.jpg file I receive a "cannot find" error message stating windows cannot access the file. This occurs when I have the windows photo app set as the default. With paint as the default, I do not receive this message.

Oddly enough, when I right click and choose the "open with" option, and select photos, I do not receive this message and the file opens up as expected. I can double click other file extensions without this error.

Any suggestions on what may be the issue, and any suggestions on resolution would be helpful. Thanks.

pauly_364, Jun 22, 2024
  3. Windows 10 Photo app open double window

Excatly.

Thermaltake, Jun 22, 2024
  4. How to use double click to get MS Photo to open *.jpg file without an error message?

Photo viewer not opening photos, gives error message

It's when I double click on a jpg file.

Just tried from inside the app - went to import and then selected an old photo, and it opened fine.

Still not working with the regular double click.

Do you suggest I go ahead with the fix you mention?

GordonBryan, Jun 22, 2024
Thema:

1. How to use double click to get MS Photo to open *.jpg file without an error message? - Similar Threads - double click Photo

2. How to use double click to get MS Photo to open *.jpg file without an error message?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use double click to get MS Photo to open *.jpg file without an error message?: When I double click on a *.jpg file I receive a "cannot find" error message stating windows cannot access the file. This occurs when I have the windows photo app set as the default. With paint as the default, I do not receive this message.Oddly enough, when I right click and...
  3. Jpg files won't open with paint 3d when I double click .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jpg files won't open with paint 3d when I double click .: HiI have been using paint 3d to crop , remame , save images I am working on for quite a while now with no problems at all , paint 3d is my default paint program I am using . On Wednesday after working with paint my PC said it had updates to do so I let it update and let it...
  4. Jpg files won't open with paint 3d when I double click .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jpg files won't open with paint 3d when I double click .: HiI have been using paint 3d to crop , remame , save images I am working on for quite a while now with no problems at all , paint 3d is my default paint program I am using . On Wednesday after working with paint my PC said it had updates to do so I let it update and let it...
  5. .jpg files will not open using MS Photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .jpg files will not open using MS Photos app.: On Windows 11.Starting recently. attempts to open .jpg images causes the error message "...The specified module could not be found"". I rebooted but this didn't help. I ran Restoro but it found no issues. I checked and image files open using other apps such as Paint and...
  6. .jpg files will not open using MS Photos app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .jpg files will not open using MS Photos app.: On Windows 11.Starting recently. attempts to open .jpg images causes the error message "...The specified module could not be found"". I rebooted but this didn't help. I ran Restoro but it found no issues. I checked and image files open using other apps such as Paint and...
  7. UNABLE TO OPEN JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UNABLE TO OPEN JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO: USING MS 365. HAVE UPDATED SOFTWARE. BUT NOW UNABLE TO OPEN ANY JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO. THEY DO OPEN WITH MS PAINT & PAINT 3D BUT I PREFER PHOTO. USED TO OPEN AUTOMATICALLY WHEN I CLICKED ON THE PIC. JUST GET A BLACK SCREEN WITH NO PIC THEN GOES OFF. PLEASE HELP...
  8. Using double-click to open files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Using double-click to open files: Recently, I can no longer use double-click to open files either from desktop icons or within sub-files. I have to left click to select, then right-click, then move cursor to "open, then left-click open. This is a great degradation in performance. Will this be reversed or...
  9. Microsoft Photos takes 15 minutes to open when I double click even small .jpg files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Photos takes 15 minutes to open when I double click even small .jpg files: Have tried repairing then resetting the app, through settings, reinstalling through powershell. Still wicked slow. Windows Explorer just displays the circle mouse pointer for the whole time. Edit: sfc reports no file problems. Maybe this started after upgrading to 1909?...
  10. When I double click on a .jpg file to open it, I always get a warning to be careful. How...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I double click on a .jpg file to open it, I always get a warning to be careful. How...: It's a big time waster. I see someone asked this same question about Windows Vista. I have Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-double-click-on-a-jpg-file-to-open-it-i/63788f4c-4d46-41bb-a3de-75b14f7045b0"