Windows 10: How to use Ethernet Port to output internet

Discus and support How to use Ethernet Port to output internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, this is my first post on this forum, but not my first forum post. I have an HP model 110-243w and to keep it simple, it does have built-in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mike44449, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Mike44449 Win User

How to use Ethernet Port to output internet

Hello all, this is my first post on this forum, but not my first forum post. I have an HP model 110-243w and to keep it simple, it does have built-in Wi-Fi and that works fine, but I would like to be able to plug something into the ethernet port on the back and use that to connect to the wifi. For example, If I go to my router and plug something into its ports on the back, that device is now connected to the network and I would like to emulate this with my machine. I am confident that it is possible because I have seen things online, but they don't work. They want me to enter the properties of the wireless network and enable sharing but I get the error saying that the service cannot accept messages at this time. I could really use some help right now, so any is appreciated, thanks.

:)

Mike44449, Jul 28, 2016

2. How to use the ethernet port connection

Hi,

Do you have the MC75 sled with the Ethernet port? If so then you should be abe to setup the Ethernet driver that is built into the device. It should tell you any IP address information as part of the driver.

From my review of the specs, they do not have a built-in Ethernet port. However they do have Wi-Fi and optionally cellilar networks.

Chris De Herrera, Jul 28, 2016
  3. a333 Win User
    How to use the ethernet port connection

I saw an ethernet port on my PDA charger, does it mean I can assign an ip to my PDA?

If so, may I know how to make it. I just begin on it, may you give more details, thanks.

4. Plankton Win User

It's pretty straight forward. You run a cat5e or cat6 cable from your modem/router to your PC. Plug one end in one of the router ethernet ports (generally labeled as 1- 4) then take the other end and plug it into your LAN port on the mobo (generally at the back of PC).

What make/model PC do you have? What make/model of modem/router do you have? What ISP are you using?

Plankton, Jul 28, 2016
  5. Mike44449 Win User
    Well, as stated in my specs, I have a HP model110-243w. I would do that, although I cannot as I do not have the option to use a wired ethernet setup, an internal wifi card is my only choice. I have an Ethernet device, I would like to plug that device into the ethernet port on the back of my machine and connect to the wifi, using my computer as an Ethernet-to-Wifi adapter of sorts. Thanks for your help, but it is not really possible. My ISP is Charter

Mike44449, Jul 28, 2016
  6. badcrc Win User
    I think the OP is referring to what used to be called 'internet connection sharing'. I haven't used that function for years (and never on Windows 10), but Googling that term might point you in the right direction. R-click my network adapter gives this window, which mentions sharing

How to use Ethernet Port to output internet [​IMG]

badcrc, Jul 28, 2016
  7. Samuria Win User
    You will need a special cable called a cross over cable not a normal Network cable if you aren't going via a router or switch

Samuria, Jul 28, 2016
  8. Berton Win User

Right, it's all in how the wires are arranged in the plug. I make up my own cables and the process can be tricky, if it doesn't work can only cut the plugs off and try again with a new one. The plugs are a one-time shot, once crimped can't be used again and can't be tested without first being crimped. I don't see cross-over cables in local stores but can be ordered on the 'net, I usually go the Computer Parts, Cables and Hard to Find Computer Accessories - Cyberguys.com
    or Amazon.

Berton, Jul 28, 2016
  9. badcrc Win User
    A lot of LAN sockets are auto-sensing nowadays, and will adapt to either a straight cable or crossover. Could explain why you haven't seen crossover cables in stores/online for a while.

badcrc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to use Ethernet Port to output internet - Similar Threads - Ethernet Port output

2. Use LTE for internet while ethernet port is connected for docking to my car

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use LTE for internet while ethernet port is connected for docking to my car: Hi. I need help. I cannot configure the mobile communication network SIM LTE and Ethernet ethernet port via cable to work simultaneously. The bottom line is that I connect to the machine via a wired connection ethernet port and at the same time I need Internet from my...
  3. Use LTE for internet while ethernet port is connected for docking to my car

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use LTE for internet while ethernet port is connected for docking to my car: Hi. I need help. I cannot configure the mobile communication network SIM LTE and Ethernet ethernet port via cable to work simultaneously. The bottom line is that I connect to the machine via a wired connection ethernet port and at the same time I need Internet from my...
  4. Use LTE for internet while ethernet port is connected for docking to my car

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No internet using ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet using ethernet cable: Hey,I have had my internet running for almost a year with no issues, now suddenly i just stops working and i am lost why.My PC doesnt want to connect to internet using the ethernet cable, wifi works fine and has no issues.Its not my cable as i unplugged it from my PC and on...
  6. No internet using ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet using ethernet cable: Hey,I have had my internet running for almost a year with no issues, now suddenly i just stops working and i am lost why.My PC doesnt want to connect to internet using the ethernet cable, wifi works fine and has no issues.Its not my cable as i unplugged it from my PC and on...
  7. No internet access using ethernet

No internet access using ethernet: Good afternoon everyone, I was just browsing the Internet, then i was about to watch a video and it wouldn't load . So i restarted my pc and once everything loaded the ethernet icon said no internet so i looked into this further and in the network status page it said no...
  8. How to connect to internet using ethernet hard wired

How to connect to internet using ethernet hard wired: I just purchased a new computer and I need to connect it directly to my modem and not Wi-Fi. Which steps should I take to configure my network?...
  9. How do I change the output port to the loudspeaker output port?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I change the output port to the loudspeaker output port?: I have a new computer a few days old. A Windows Audio Troubleshooter popped up and I used it. Basically, I tried it out and the volume was a little low and I decided to change the output port to another one a headphone output. Then the the audio didn't work at all!!!...
  10. Assigning software to use Ethernet port or wifi.

Assigning software to use Ethernet port or wifi.: Im using a Win10 Pro B1803 64bit. My laptop has a Ethernet port and Wifi. the Ethernet port is connecting company's local working network and the Wifi is connecting to the company's wifi network for internet. Here is my question, is there any possible way that I can...