Windows 10: How to use File Explorer "Copy path" on command line?

Discus and support How to use File Explorer "Copy path" on command line? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If I highlight files in File Explorer then select "Copy path", it will copy the path of one or more files to the clipboard. For example below I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zBernie, May 23, 2020.

1. zBernie Win User

How to use File Explorer "Copy path" on command line?

If I highlight files in File Explorer then select "Copy path", it will copy the path of one or more files to the clipboard. For example below I highlighted 3 files then selected "Copy path" which copied the path of the 3 files to the clipboard. Can someone explain to me how I could use these files from a command prompt? I'd love to be able to select several files, then open a Powershell terminal, and do something with them. I tried placing them in additional quotes, but that didn't work.

"C:\Users\bernie\OneDrive\eBooks\Menus\Richmans.pdf"

"C:\Users\bernie\OneDrive\eBooks\Menus\Joe's Pizza.pdf"

"C:\Users\bernie\OneDrive\eBooks\Menus\Philly Style Pretzel.pdf"

:)

zBernie, May 23, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile How to use File Explorer "Copy path" on command line? :)

3. How can I copy files to the phone using the command line?

I can copy files (specifically music files) to my WP8 device using Windows Explorer. However, I'd like to know if it is possible to access the path of the device using a command line, for example:

copy c:\music\folders\music.mp3 <wp8 device path>\music

Is it possible?

Felipe Costa Gualberto, May 23, 2020
  4. How to use File Explorer "Copy path" on command line?

Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, May 23, 2020
Thema:

How to use File Explorer "Copy path" on command line?

1. How to use File Explorer "Copy path" on command line? - Similar Threads - File Explorer Copy

2. How to install using Command Line/Power Shell

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to install using Command Line/Power Shell: Hello,According to:https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/features-on-demand-non-language-fod?view=windows-11I have this file:Microsoft-Windows-Xps-Xps-Viewer-Opt-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~.cabI need to write a .BAT batch file to install...
  3. List files with path using Windows command line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    List files with path using Windows command line: I would an output txt file to list the entire path using a windows command line to a txt file. I want the output to be like this: C:\Folder 1\folder 2\file.doc...
  4. How to display a file from command line using File Explorer?

How to display a file from command line using File Explorer?: How can I pass a file to explorer.exe from the command line, and display it in File Explorer? When I try something like: explorer.exe mypic.jpg It opens the file in my default app for jpg files. I just want to open Explorer with the file displayed and highlighted....
  5. Deleting files with command line

Deleting files with command line: I used del filename and it was successfully deleted. I also used dir to double check. However, when I checked the Recycle Bin; the file wasn't found inside. Was this file permanently deleted?...
  6. Most useful commands for PowerCFG command line

in Windows 10 News
    Most useful commands for PowerCFG command line: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Power Configuration or powercfg.exe is a command-line tool in Windows which allows you to configure power system settings. It is especially useful for laptops which run on battery and will enable you to configure hardware-specific configurations which are...
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer Command Line Options

Windows 10 File Explorer Command Line Options: I am looking for a list of Microsoft Windows 10 "File Explorer command line options". Preferably from the Microsoft document or TechNet site. Thank you in advance,...
  8. Command Line and Batch - Start Command [/D Path] option ignored

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Line and Batch - Start Command [/D Path] option ignored: In a batch file using the start command [/D Path] option is ignored example: D:\TempJDK>START "Work Damn It" /b /d ".\temp" /MIN /HIGH testRun.bat The system cannot find the file testRun.bat. Here "temp" is a sub folder of the current directory. The /d ".\temp" option is...
  9. Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10 Copy path or Copy as path will copy the full path of selected items (files and folders) wrapped in quotes to the Clipboard so you can paste the full path(s) of the item(s)...
  10. Command-line method using clipboard to copy multiple images

in Windows 10 Support
    Command-line method using clipboard to copy multiple images: After a lot of searching i have only found two possible tools that might do this. The one that seems rated best is called CopyQ. While it did install and appears to be available, I cannot seem to state to function correctly to get it to copy an image (test.png) to a word...