Windows 10: How to use # file order in file explorer

Discus and support How to use # file order in file explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I managed to view (#) column in file explorer but I don't know how to assign values to it. [img] 89590 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AbdoMohamed, Jul 22, 2017.

1. How to use # file order in file explorer

Hello
    I managed to view (#) column in file explorer but I don't know how to assign values to it.

How to use # file order in file explorer [​IMG]

:)

AbdoMohamed, Jul 22, 2017

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jul 22, 2017
  3. File Explorer: How to change Drive names/Sort order?

Ron Carr,

I had the same issue, and I've found the solution.

First off, what you have is partly a known problem many people had, and partly your lack of familiarity with File Explorer, which has superseded Windows Explorer.

Unlike in Windows Explorer, in File Explorer, a double click on 'This PC' is needed to show all drives, so do that. To your relief, the drives under 'This PC' are sorted by drive letter. How to use # file order in file explorer :)

But you will now also notice a problem: your File Explorer' navigation pane is showing every drive twice! Not everyone has that problem, but many do. To solve that, download a registry tweak

here

BTW, if you prefer, like I do, to have the drive letter shown before the drive label, download this tiny utility:

DriveLettersTool

BadabingBadaboom, Jul 22, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

How to use # file order in file explorer

Files are sorted by the Tags that are created or you edit for a media file. Right click a file and choose Properties/Details.
    Track #'s are usually reserved for Audio files in an Album, not .,MKV files in a folder.

spunk, Jul 22, 2017
  5. Thank you for responding.
    you are right, I can't do it with MKV files.
    So I wonder if there is a tool or a program that can make this # sort?
    maybe ("Total Commander") ??

AbdoMohamed, Jul 22, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Jul 22, 2017
  7. AbdoMohamed, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to use # file order in file explorer

1. How to use # file order in file explorer - Similar Threads - file order file

2. file explorer --- file folder order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorer --- file folder order: What option do I have to set so that when I list the files / folders in documents that the filesare firstt, on top of the subfolders, and I then the files are listed in descending order...
  3. file explorer --- file folder order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer --- file folder order: What option do I have to set so that when I list the files / folders in documents that the filesare firstt, on top of the subfolders, and I then the files are listed in descending order...
  4. How to use a CAB file in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to use a CAB file in File Explorer?: Hi, I do get a lot of downloads which are .CAB files, the majority is obviously .ZIP, although I heard .CAB is just like .ZIP, but how do I use a cab file in file explorer? Like how do I extract files from it? I tried to search in the internet for like 30 minutes already, but...
  5. How to use a CAB file in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use a CAB file in File Explorer?: Hi, I do get a lot of downloads which are .CAB files, the majority is obviously .ZIP, although I heard .CAB is just like .ZIP, but how do I use a cab file in file explorer? Like how do I extract files from it? I tried to search in the internet for like 30 minutes already, but...
  6. How to use a CAB file in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File Explorer Sort Order

File Explorer Sort Order: Question regarding sort order for File Explorer in Windows 10: The sort order changes with updates at times. My sort order preference is to show file folders alphabetically first and then files sorted either by date modified or alphabetically, depending on the search. What's...
  8. File explorer not showing scanned files in correct order.

File explorer not showing scanned files in correct order.: I use a Brother DCP-L2520DW to scan my files. Whenever I scan files, the first file is moved to the last, the rest are in the correct order. I have contacted support before. They told me to view the files using "date modified" instead of name in ascending order. This works,...
  9. Changing listing order of files and folders in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing listing order of files and folders in File Explorer: Microsoft is engaged in an annoying game of intentional behavior modification. Win 10 is making everything default to the OneDrive folder, and they're putting the OneDrive listing prominently so that if you aren't extra careful, you put your stuff in that folder and not the...
  10. File Explorer list order.

File Explorer list order.: For years through many versions of windows I never had to deal with this issue until the recent update. I like to see all of my sub folders listed first, then the files in a folder. How do I get that to happen. I mostly use list and thumbnail in my folder listings....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer order file first