Windows 10: How to use Intel Rapid Storage Tech software with Kyhi boot rescue

Discus and support How to use Intel Rapid Storage Tech software with Kyhi boot rescue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HP made mobile workstations (notebooks), G0, G2, G3, etc. The first generation G0 came with default RAID 0.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zbook, Sep 7, 2018.

1. zbook Win User

How to use Intel Rapid Storage Tech software with Kyhi boot rescue

HP made mobile workstations (notebooks), G0, G2, G3, etc.
    The first generation G0 came with default RAID 0.
    http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03916100

It had a 750 GB HD that worked with a 32 GB flash cache.
    This 32 GB flash cache does not function as a SSD drive.
    The flash cache cannot be used for the installation of windows or files.
    It can be removed but not replaced with a SSD.
    In addition to the flash cache there is a primary and a secondary HD bay.
    In the primary bay there is a 750 GB HD which has the Windows 10 operating system, drivers, applications, files, etc.
    The secondary bay was empty and now has a 1 TB storage drive.
    Both of these bays have quick release chasis to move the drive.

The operating system has failed to boot.
    In using Kyhi boot rescue there were problems installing the Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) software.
    This software is used to turn on and off acceleration.
    When acceleration is enabled the HD is in RAID 0 configuration.
    When acceleration is disabled the HD is like a typical HD.

When the 750 GB HD is in RAID 0 or with acceleration on the drive can not be used to transfer files to another computer. Other computers are unable to read the files and some may display RAW.

When the Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) software is used it has 5 tabs:
    Status
    Manage
    Performance
    Preferences
    Help

The Performance tab has a clickable link to disable acceleration.

This software was not able to be installed using Kyhi boot rescue and posted a message that it needed Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 was then downloaded and could not be installed as a message displayed that this .NET Framework version or a later version was already installed.

The Net Framework repair tool was used and this did not fix the problem.

The Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) was unable to be installed after the above steps.

If RAID 0 is on (acceleration on) the 750 GB drive cannot be transferred to another computer to move files as the files will not be able to be read.
    The Intel RST software is used to turn off the accelerator.
    Once the accelerator is turned off the HD then functions as a typical HD.
    The HD can then be moved from computer to computer to transfer files.
    If the drive fails while in RAID 0 the RAID 0 must be turned off to move the drive to another computer and recover the files.

Using Kyhi boot rescue the HD has been tested multiple times using HD Tune, Crystal Disk, Sea Tools for Windows, and HP UEFI diagnostics.

The problem with the drive may be related to the operating system and drive file system and HP suggested running their disk sanitizer to thoroughly clean the drive.

The files need to be recovered first and converting the RAID 0 to a typical HD could make the backup and restore easier.

Using control panel NET Framework was not seen.
    How can NET Framework be uninstalled and reinstalled?
    The Intel error message may not be fixed by an uninstall and reinstallation of NET Framework so other backup options may be needed to get a working copy of Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) software.

These are some images:

Error message when attempting to install Intel RST using Kyhi boot rescue:

How to use Intel Rapid Storage Tech software with Kyhi boot rescue [​IMG]

Error message when attempting to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 using Kyhi boot rescue:

Kyhi boot rescue folders and files on a new flash drive:

Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) software on an computer that has the identical hardware configuration:

Intel support had no experience with Kyhi boot rescue and suggested uninstalling and reinstalling NET Framework 4.6.1. Can this fix the problem? If so how is it done? If it cannot fix the problem how can Intel RST be used with Kyhi boot rescue?

:)

zbook, Sep 7, 2018

2. Intel Rapid Storage Technology

Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur when the drivers are not updated properly.

I suggest to download the latest Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver from manufacturer’s website and install it.

Refer to the below link:

Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (RAID) for Intel® NUC Kit D34010WY, D54250WY

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Intel Rapid Storage Technology Failure - Platform Not Supported

I've been trying to install Intel Rapid Storage Technology.

My boot drive is an Intel 750 series NVMe 400GB

Motherboard is a Gigabyte X99P-SLI

My OS is Win 10 64 bit v 1703, build 15063.413

There is a switch in the BIOS labelled "Intel Rapid Storage Tech", but I don't think the drivers are present. I turned it on but it doesn't appear to be doing anything. I searched through the motherboard installation CD and found drivers for IRST, which
    I though might be what I was looking for. As it turned out, this was Intel's "Rapid Start Technology" (you'd think they could have come up with names that wouldn't be abbreviated in such a similar way!). That certainly burst my hope bubble in a heartbeat!!

Also, if I look into Program Files (x86)/Intel, I should see Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology on the list. It's not there.

Today, I downloaded the installation file "SetupRST.exe" for Windows 10 64 bit from Intel's website. When I run it, I receive the error message: Intel Rapid Storage Technology Failure - Platform Not Supported

Could I get some help with this please

Thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

mrcoffeetablebook, Sep 7, 2018
  4. T-G. Win User

Windows 10 and Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Version 12.9.0.1001

There are updated dedicated Intel drivers available for Rapid Storage Technology (formerly Matrix Storage Manager).

Your Intel RST software version is 12.9.0.1001 and is not listed as compatible for W10 - the current version is 14.8.0.1042 and is certified as W10 compatible.

You can check for Intel drivers automatically at Drivers & Software it can scan your machine and suggest drivers for download, although Intel RST requires a
    manual installation the first time on a fresh OS.

This universal file (32 & 64 bit) will also install the management console.

SetupRST.zip available here:

Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver

Version: 14.8.0.1042 (Latest)Date: 12/14/2015

T-G., Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. How to use Intel Rapid Storage Tech software with Kyhi boot rescue - Similar Threads - Intel Rapid Storage

2. Intel rapid storage technology is useful for AMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel rapid storage technology is useful for AMD: Compaq cq58 laptop, I installing windows 10 and it says amedia driver needed on your computer is missing what should I do to fix that problem but it is AMD E-1200...
  3. Intel rapid storage technology is useful for AMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel rapid storage technology is useful for AMD: Compaq cq58 laptop, I installing windows 10 and it says amedia driver needed on your computer is missing what should I do to fix that problem but it is AMD E-1200...
  4. Intel rapid storage technology is useful for AMD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Intel rapid storage tech

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel rapid storage tech: I went to my bios to turn on rapid intel storge tech and it said we ran into a problem i let it resart and it went into a loop so i turned it off and went to login everything was reset and memory was lost. CAN SOMBODY HELP...
  6. Resurgence of Intel Rapid Storage Tech removing SATA drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resurgence of Intel Rapid Storage Tech removing SATA drive: I've had this problem before (twice, in fact) and the last time I updated the IRStorage Tech driver. Which solved the problem for a few weeks. All of a sudden, the SATA drive is disconnected every time Windows 10 pro version 1903 goes to sleep. Today I also had a note...
  7. Windows Update and Intel Rapid Storage Tech incompatibility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update and Intel Rapid Storage Tech incompatibility: Windows Update can not complete the latest update because my Intel RST driver is a lower version than the latest update requires. I went to the Intel driver site and later versions are available for download. However, the Intel site cautioned that best practice dictates...
  8. How to install HP drivers or software when using Kyhi boot rescue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install HP drivers or software when using Kyhi boot rescue: There is software on the HP website that I had attempted to install: HP Performance Advisor Performance Advisor for HP Workstations | HP® Official Site The download worked but the installation failed displaying: Windows installer The system administrator has set policies...
  9. Intel Storage Or rapid storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Storage Or rapid storage: Hi , I am having this issue after IRS just decided to merge both of my hard drives into one and creating a recovery thing on it , I believe its called array which is named by SATA_Array_0000 , my ssd is around 250 GB and the other harddrive is 1TB which is gone now ,...
  10. Samsung notebook and Intel Rapid Storage Technology software

in Windows 10 Support
    Samsung notebook and Intel Rapid Storage Technology software: Hi! Current situation: Windows 10 Home 64-bit Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz 44 °C Tecnologia Ivy Bridge 22nm 4.00GB Canale Single DDR3 @ 798 MHz (11-11-11-28) SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. NP350V5C-S09IT (SOCKET 0) Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz) Intel HD...