Windows 10: How to use laptop mic when using headphones Conexant Audio?

Discus and support How to use laptop mic when using headphones Conexant Audio? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop mic works better than the mic in my headphones. I've tried everything to fix that, but it doesn't work. Is there a way to use the laptop mic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shaika Shirin, Aug 5, 2021.

1. How to use laptop mic when using headphones Conexant Audio?

My laptop mic works better than the mic in my headphones. I've tried everything to fix that, but it doesn't work. Is there a way to use the laptop mic instead?

:)

Shaika Shirin, Aug 5, 2021

2. headphone mic not working.

Thank you for this reply I finally figured it out , the main problem is when we install the Conexant audio driver it overwrite the previous Realtek audio driver so the headphone mic not work. to fix this you must reinstall the Realtek audio driver download
    from realtek.com it will work with any laptop device and any mic like headphone with inbuilt (eg. Microsoft Lumia 650 headphone).

Please give other this soluction who have problem with headphone and mic and tell then to install Realtak audio driver.

Again thank you for all your replies, I finally figured out the solution.

Hemantgehlot, Aug 5, 2021
  3. How to get laptop mic working with headphones

My laptop has a dual headphone/mic jack, and I have a headset with a microphone built into it. Whenever I plug it in, the laptop's in-built microphone is disabled and the headset takes over. I'd like to use the (higher quality) laptop mic instead of the
    (very grainy) headset mic while still having the headphones plugged in. Is there any way of doing this? There appears to be just one recording device called "Microphone (Conexant smart audio device)". When the headphones are unplugged, it registers sounds
    through the laptop mic, and when they're plugged in, it registers sounds through the headset instead, which I don't want.

MizunoRyuu, Aug 5, 2021
  4. How to use laptop mic when using headphones Conexant Audio?

Conexant Audio w/Headphones

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop using Windows 10. Conexant SmartAudio HD is working with my laptop speakers but not my headphones.

I have tried, in order:

-Right-click sound icon -> troubleshoot sound problems

-Right-click sound icon -> Playback devices -> ?? (no headphones showing)

-Device Manager -> Sound, video and game controllers -> right-click Conexant SmartAudio HD -> Properties -> Drivers -> Update drivers -> Restart

[note: there are also 'Intel(R) Display Audio' and 'NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)' icons under Sound, video and game controllers, but I'm assuming Conexant is the one I need to be concerned with]

-Uninstalling Conexant from Device Manager, restarting, and Googling latest drivers for my device (which I got from here: Download Toshiba Conexant SmartAudio HD Driver 8.66.6.52 for Windows 7, Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 8 64 bit, Windows 8.1 64 bit, Windows 10, Windows 10 64 bit), download and installing those.

I've run out of ideas, any help is appreciated. Sound still works fine without headphones, but isn't working with them, and the headphones are still not showing up in the Playback devices.

windowsproblems, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

How to use laptop mic when using headphones Conexant Audio?

1. How to use laptop mic when using headphones Conexant Audio? - Similar Threads - laptop mic using

2. How to use microphone plug as a mic and a headphone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use microphone plug as a mic and a headphone?: Hello, recently I accidentally broke my headphone jack on the top of my PC because I walked away from the computer. Due to this, the headphone jack cannot be used now. I've figured out that I can plug my headphones into the microphone jack and it will output sound, but I am...
  3. How to use microphone plug as a mic and a headphone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use microphone plug as a mic and a headphone?: Hello, recently I accidentally broke my headphone jack on the top of my PC because I walked away from the computer. Due to this, the headphone jack cannot be used now. I've figured out that I can plug my headphones into the microphone jack and it will output sound, but I am...
  4. How to use headphones mic instead of laptop built-in mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use headphones mic instead of laptop built-in mic: Please help, my laptop only has one input device available which is the RealtekR even though my headphones are connected and thus the mic is coming from the built in laptop mic...
  5. How to use headphones mic instead of laptop built-in mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use headphones mic instead of laptop built-in mic: Please help, my laptop only has one input device available which is the RealtekR even though my headphones are connected and thus the mic is coming from the built in laptop mic...
  6. Audio issues when mic is used by program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio issues when mic is used by program: Recently I started having really bad stuttering after the most recent windows update and couldnt figure out any fixes whatsoever. I eventually ended up factory resetting windows and starting from scratch but after that all my audio sounded hollow and not right. I updated all...
  7. Laptop using built in mic instead of headphone mic

Laptop using built in mic instead of headphone mic: My laptop is not using my headphone mic. This used to not be a problem, but now it is and it's fairly annoying. I have gone into Control Panel to manually select the headphone mic, however only two mic options appear "Microphone - Realtek High Definition Audio" & "Microphone...
  8. Bluetooth Headphones Mic - no audio output when mic is on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Headphones Mic - no audio output when mic is on: hey there!I'm having a hard time with windows 10 to configure my headphones (sony WH-CH500) which I connected with bluetooth. The mic is working, the output to the headphones is also working but as soon as the mic gets switched on the audio output is gone, so can't hear...
  9. Headphone Audio Auto Muted When Not In Use

Headphone Audio Auto Muted When Not In Use: This only happens with headphones plugged in whenever I pause a video after a minute there will be a pop sound in the left ear; when I hit play the pop sound happens again and there's no sound for 2-3 seconds and then it comes in. I changed the driver from realtek to the...
  10. Conexant Audio w/Headphones

Conexant Audio w/Headphones: I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop using Windows 10. Conexant SmartAudio HD is working with my laptop speakers but not my headphones. I have tried, in order: -Right-click sound icon -> troubleshoot sound problems -Right-click sound icon -> Playback devices -> ?? (no...