Windows 10: How to use/license Windows Pro bought from Store?

Discus and support How to use/license Windows Pro bought from Store? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Huawei laptop that came with Windows 10 Home. I went ahead and bought Windows 10 Pro from the store. However, I don't know how to use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AdrianSalceanu, Apr 11, 2020.

1. How to use/license Windows Pro bought from Store?

I have a Huawei laptop that came with Windows 10 Home. I went ahead and bought Windows 10 Pro from the store. However, I don't know how to use the purchase. How do I get my license key as it's not available in the orders page?

Screenshot of the purchase with no license key info or option to install.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/auqgp28d39dq4ud/win_order.png?dl=0

Order details:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/znj0vrklhp1cg1k/win_order_details.png?dl=0

PS - I might be paranoid, but how do I know that my computer is not hijacked and I bought a bogus product? For instance, why is the icon of the product missing? Also, why do I get a security warning on the orders page?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6pi8q646211ihhb/order_page_warning.png?dl=0

:)

AdrianSalceanu, Apr 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 PRO bought on Microsoft Store

Yes, you can.

Windows 10 Pro Pack key

When you purchase a Windows 10 Pro Pack using the
    Easy Upgrade
    option in Windows 10 Home, you don’t receive a product key. Instead, the

digital license is attached to your Microsoft Account
    ; used to make the purchase. If you decide to transfer the Windows 10 Pro Pack to another computer, you can do so using the

Activation Troubleshooter

How to use/license Windows Pro bought from Store? go-to-store-474x480.png

Transfer Windows 10 Pro Pack Key to a new Computer
    • Open Settings > Update & security > Activation > Troubleshooter.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft Account used to purchase the Pro Pack license.
    • After troubleshooting is completed, Windows 10 will indicate a digital license for Windows 10 Pro has been found.
    • Click Activate Windows then follow the on-screen wizard.

How to use/license Windows Pro bought from Store? Digital-License-Found-640x400.png

Source:
    https://www.groovypost.com/howto/find-your-windows-10-product-key/

Andre Da Costa, Apr 11, 2020
  3. ndra Win User
    Purchasing Windows 10 Pro License on the US store from outside of the US

Hi,

I am thinking of purchasing Windows 10 Pro license from the US store because it is significantly cheaper then the one listed on my region's store.

Is this possible?

Thank you.

4. How to use/license Windows Pro bought from Store?

Mistake when I bought the license (Home instead of Pro)

Hi guys,

I just bought a Windows Home license but I realized that I need a Windows Pro license instead. How can I upgrade the license that I just bought?

Thanks.

HectorSurjan, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

How to use/license Windows Pro bought from Store?

1. How to use/license Windows Pro bought from Store? - Similar Threads - license Pro bought

2. How to re-use a windows 10 pro license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to re-use a windows 10 pro license: Hello, in 2019 I made the upgrade from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro, but I'm no longer using that laptop. Is there a way to transfer the pro license to a new device? Thanks...
  3. Restore Windows 11 Pro upgrade bought from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Windows 11 Pro upgrade bought from Microsoft Store: I ended up having to restore the subject upgrade and it turns out my recovery device failed me. I've tried to be meticulous in backing up my software and configuration, but it appears I have failed because I can't even find the product id detail or procedures I received...
  4. Restore Windows 11 Pro upgrade bought from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Windows 11 Pro upgrade bought from Microsoft Store: I ended up having to restore the subject upgrade and it turns out my recovery device failed me. I've tried to be meticulous in backing up my software and configuration, but it appears I have failed because I can't even find the product id detail or procedures I received...
  5. Restore Windows 11 Pro upgrade bought from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Transfer Windows 10 PRO digital license bought from Microsoft Store to new owner.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 PRO digital license bought from Microsoft Store to new owner.: So, I bought a used laptop. Originally, it came with Windows 10 HOME, but the previous owner bought the Windows 10 PRO upgrade for it from the Microsoft Store. That apparently only comes with a digital license tied to the previous owner's Microsoft account. It has no PRO...
  7. Need help with using Switch Pro Controller for games bought from the Windows 10 store.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with using Switch Pro Controller for games bought from the Windows 10 store.: Hello everyone, Please warn I am a massive noob when it comes to PC stuff, as I just got a lovely new gaming laptop. I was excited to get Game Pass for PC on the Windows 10 store and started to download some ones I have wanted to play for a while, Doom Eternal & Killer...
  8. How to activate my windows 10 pro upgrade digital license bought from microsoft store to a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to activate my windows 10 pro upgrade digital license bought from microsoft store to a...: I bought a windows 10 pro upgrade via Microsoft store when I got my surface pro6came with windows10 home. After I got my new windows desktopcame with windows 10 home, I want to remove my Microsoft 10 pro license from Surface Pro6 and move to the new desktop. This is what I...
  9. Windows 10 Pro license (non-product key version, bought from the microsoft store) after...

Windows 10 Pro license (non-product key version, bought from the microsoft store) after...: So this might be a complex issue: 1. Yesterday, I installed Win 10 Pro as a clean install from using the media creation tool and a bootable USB. I bought a Win 10 Pro license from the Microsoft store after, it does not include a product key, and was linked to my account....
  10. How to Transfer Windows Store bought "digital Windows 10 Pro upgrade license" to a new laptop

How to Transfer Windows Store bought "digital Windows 10 Pro upgrade license" to a new laptop: Hi guys. I have this Acer Predator 15 which came with Windows 10 Home. and I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro through the Windows Store 2yrs ago. Is it possible to transfer that digital Pro upgrade license to my new laptop (which again came with Home version preinstalled)?...