Windows 10: How to use MS license to new Hard Drive

Discus and support How to use MS license to new Hard Drive in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; how may i do if my hdd fail and want to use a new hdd. I bought MS Windows license.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Nyan LinAung, Jul 9, 2020.

1. How to use MS license to new Hard Drive

how may i do if my hdd fail and want to use a new hdd. I bought MS Windows license.

:)

Nyan LinAung, Jul 9, 2020
  2. cjoesgirl Win User

new hard drive windows license.

can I use the license key from a windows 7 computer that was upgraded to windows 10 on a new hard drive for that same computer. My original hard drive failed.

cjoesgirl, Jul 9, 2020
  3. How to Partiton a Hard Drive in Vista

This is a way to get Vista to see another hard drive that is not associated with the OS. There is some times when your new hdd doesn't seem to want to work well with Vista. But, there is a solution in it.

Open the Computer Management By doing these steps.
    • Click on the Start Button
    • Click on Control Panel
    • Click Administrative Tools
    • Double click on Computer Management
    You are now in the Navigation panel of the Computer Management.
    When in Computer Management, you then have to allow the new drive to be recognized.
    • Double click on Storage
    • Double click on Disk Management
    Now in the middle of your screen there is the layout of the Disk Drives that you have. The drives that are partitioned will show by the drive lettering. The others will just show up as having nothing at all in them. Below that there will be the Disk drives that are installed into the computer. You'll see that the primary one will all ways read as "Disk 0". Then you will have Disk 1 and so on. Under the Disks there will also see your CD-Rom drives.. If there is more then one, it will be labeled the same as Disk drives..

On to the Partitioning of the drive in question.
    • Right Click on the drive
    • Click to format the drive or Enable Volume. There will be a series of windows that open up. This is Vista's formatting. Just go threw the windows, and make sure everything is the way you want it to happen.
    • Once the formatting is done, will take some time depending on the drive size.
    • Right click on the drive
    • Click on Mark the Partition as Active
    After you have done those steps, The drive will be up and running threw Vista.

:Side Notes:
    If you are not the Administer to the Os, then you will have to enable it..
    You may also want to redo the drive lettering of it all. But, I really don't see a reason to do so. If you do, you have to redo drive paths and so forth.. A lot of work on something so small...

Cold Storm, Jul 9, 2020
  4. GT63_19 Win User

How to use MS license to new Hard Drive

Reuse license to Install Windows 10 on a new hard drive

I'm installing a new hard drive on a PC hard drive that failed, it was upgrade from windows 7 to 10, can I reuse the license? and if so, do I have to install window 7 first then upgrade or just install windows 10? what are the steps to do this, do contact
    Microsoft?

GT63_19, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

How to use MS license to new Hard Drive

1. How to use MS license to new Hard Drive - Similar Threads - license Hard Drive

2. Installing Win 10 on a new hard drive using OEM license #

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Win 10 on a new hard drive using OEM license #: Hello, I have an old laptop that originally came with Windows 7 and has been upgraded to Windows 10. I have just replaced the original HDD with an SSD and am trying to reinstall Windows 10 using the OEM license key. I am planning on selling it, therefore the procedure of...
  3. Reuse license to Install Windows 10 on a new hard drive

Reuse license to Install Windows 10 on a new hard drive: I'm installing a new hard drive on a PC hard drive that failed, it was upgrade from windows 7 to 10, can I reuse the license? and if so, do I have to install window 7 first then upgrade or just install windows 10? what are the steps to do this, do contact Microsoft?...
  4. transfer digital license to a new hard drive with - local users no MS account

transfer digital license to a new hard drive with - local users no MS account: Hi I have 3 computers that were recently upgraded to win 10 from win 7 & 8 via digital license. These pc's were infected with ransomware last week and we are changing hard drives. How does we transfer the license to the new windows install if the clients do not have a...
  5. Windows 10 hard drive failure and license to new drive

Windows 10 hard drive failure and license to new drive: My laptop has a hard drive that is failing. It is running Windows 10. I have downloaded the ISO, but need to know how to activate the license on the new drive. Thanks!...
  6. New hard drive - What licensing problems will happen?

New hard drive - What licensing problems will happen?: My mother will replace the hard drive in her computer because it's 7 years old. It has Windows 10 which was a free update from a previous version. The original copy of Windows just came with the laptop. At the moment the version of Windows works, but is just too slow....
  7. new hard drive, OEM Windows 10 license

new hard drive, OEM Windows 10 license: Hi, I have a Dell desktop with a pre-installed Windows 10 Home copy. I need to replace the hard drive due to speed / noise issues. My question is, if I get a new hard drive, how can I install Windows 10 on it again? And how to ensure that will be a "valid" licensed copy?...
  8. Restore Windows 10 license on new SSD hard drive

Restore Windows 10 license on new SSD hard drive: Hi! I want to change my laptop's hard drive for an SSD unit. I just want to make sure that my original Windows 10 license can be transferred with no issues to the new hard drive. Is that possible? Thank you very much!...
  9. Using existing hard drive in new machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using existing hard drive in new machine: Can I install my existing hard drive with win 10 pro in new machine so that I don't have to reinstall everything? Current machine is 8 years old but has i7 in it....
  10. How to use secondary hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to use secondary hard drive?: Hi guys. First post here. I recently (two days ago as of this post) received my new PC. My primary hard drive has about 230GB of storage, whereas my secondary hard drive has roughly 980GB. I was wondering if someone could please help me and tell me how I can boot my new...