Windows 10: How to use my CPU's full potential? Windows 10 seems to have an odd behaviour regarding CPU...

Discus and support How to use my CPU's full potential? Windows 10 seems to have an odd behaviour regarding CPU... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I will refer in this question to the Nintendo Switch emulator Yuzu, but this can be relevant to any other software i may run on my laptop. Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gnusmag45, Nov 30, 2020.

1. How to use my CPU's full potential? Windows 10 seems to have an odd behaviour regarding CPU...

Hi, I will refer in this question to the Nintendo Switch emulator Yuzu, but this can be relevant to any other software i may run on my laptop. Please be advised that unlike running native PC video games, using emulators relies mostly on CPU and much less on GPU.

When I run a game in Yuzu, it's very playable and runs 60% of the time at 55-60 fps, but there are a lot of dips to 25-30 fps during gameplay, and occasional audio stutters, especially in cut scenes.

What i noticed is that the CPU utilization in Task Manager (under "Performance") was only 50%, and i monitor my tempratures all the time and while using Yuzu they didn't pass 75c and there was absolutely no thermal throttling.

The weird thing is that suddenly out of the blue, i played for an hour or so and got a very consistent 55-60fps without any frame dips, and when looking at Task Manager's Performance tab, i saw the CPU utilization was 75%-85%. Again, tempratures were in check under 80c, and I've observed no thermal throttling.

I understand the fact that the nominal % number on the resource monitor doesn't tell the whole picture, but that's not the point, the point is that whatever program i use can evidently run better without creating any overheating or throttling, but for some reason Windows chooses not to do that most of the time.

I would highly appreciate if anyone knows how to "force" or trigger windows to run my program at full speed.

EDIT: i'm running on AC power only, power plan is high performance with advanced options set to give 100% cpu power at all time.

Thank you

submitted by /u/gnusmag45
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gnusmag45, Nov 30, 2020
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

INCORRECT CPU FREQUENCY READING

Hello Muhammad,

CPU usage depends on the applications that are open to your device. To isolate the problem, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Can you include a screenshot of the CPU reading?
    • Have you tried performing a
      clean boot
      to eliminate software conflicts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Nov 30, 2020
  3. JamshedMuhammad Khan, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Rick.T Win User

How to use my CPU's full potential? Windows 10 seems to have an odd behaviour regarding CPU...

Windows 10 Display Blinking with High CPU

After upgrade to Windows 10, experiencing flashing display and high CPU.

• At initial logon screen everything is normal - wall paper and logon screen display with no blinking
    • After logon, fan starts as CPU usage spikes, cursor is accompanied by the spinning blue circle
    • touchscreen does not respond to swipe to access Recovery/Safe mode for reboot
    • able to get to Task Manager and Perfmon to see high CPU usage and explorer.exe is suspended
    looking for suggestions on how to either fix or roll back to Windows 8.1

Rick.T, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

How to use my CPU's full potential? Windows 10 seems to have an odd behaviour regarding CPU...

1. How to use my CPU's full potential? Windows 10 seems to have an odd behaviour regarding CPU... - Similar Threads - CPU's full potential

2. Why is Windows 11 not using my CPU's full frequency?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows 11 not using my CPU's full frequency?: The CPU that I use is an Intel Core i5-10400. With a base frequency of ~2.90GHz and a max turbo frequency of ~4.30GHz. My system is set up to ultimate performance. However, as I check task manager, the CPU frequency seems to have reached the limit of ~3.98GHz. Whilst in...
  3. Why is Windows 11 not using my CPU's full frequency?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows 11 not using my CPU's full frequency?: The CPU that I use is an Intel Core i5-10400. With a base frequency of ~2.90GHz and a max turbo frequency of ~4.30GHz. My system is set up to ultimate performance. However, as I check task manager, the CPU frequency seems to have reached the limit of ~3.98GHz. Whilst in...
  4. regarding windows 11 CPU's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    regarding windows 11 CPU's: will the i7-7700 ever be compatable ? i cant see why i see alot slower CPU's on the list ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-windows-11-cpus/158bebc2-bc94-4039-8fb2-513159042224
  5. regarding windows 11 CPU's

regarding windows 11 CPU's: will the i7-7700 ever be compatable ? i cant see why i see alot slower CPU's on the list ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-windows-11-cpus/158bebc2-bc94-4039-8fb2-513159042224
  6. Chrome using full CPU when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome using full CPU when idle: When I start my laptop, my laptop fans were running too fast so I checked the task manager and found that chrome is using 80% ~ 100% CPU even when I didn't open chrome. This is happening almost every time. I always have to open the task manager and end task for chrome.I don't...
  7. Chrome using full CPU when idle

Chrome using full CPU when idle: When I start my laptop, my laptop fans were running too fast so I checked the task manager and found that chrome is using 80% ~ 100% CPU even when I didn't open chrome. This is happening almost every time. I always have to open the task manager and end task for chrome.I don't...
  8. CPU Voltages: Is there something odd in this...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU Voltages: Is there something odd in this...: Is there something odd here? Voltage CPU CORE 1.072 V MEMORY CONTROLLER 3.008 V +5V 5.027 V +12V 4.480 V -12V -8.576 V -5V -8.576 V +5V HIGH THRESHOLD 4.973 V CMOS BATTERY 3.232 V Some of the right hand figures differ substantially from those on the left. Do they tell...
  9. Odd BSOD behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Odd BSOD behaviour: Hello everyone, and I hope you are all doing well. My laptop has recently been subjected to a few BSODs. The first one was about a few weeks ago. The BSODs typically involved the screen going a pink fuzzy texture (graphics messing up), and restarting. It started showing...
  10. Odd behaviour.

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd behaviour.: I use Windows 10 and I have recently had the most annoying behaviour start happening. Out of nowhere it just started randomly opening the start menu, task manager and auto-clicking the button that initiates scroll with my trackpad. It does it randomly and gets right in my...