Windows 10: How to use my OEM Windows 10 Activation Code

Discus and support How to use my OEM Windows 10 Activation Code in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all! I've recently built a new gaming PC and booted the system with a friends Windows USB drive. I've been using the PC for a few weeks now and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/livierin, Sep 21, 2020.

1. How to use my OEM Windows 10 Activation Code

Hello all!

I've recently built a new gaming PC and booted the system with a friends Windows USB drive. I've been using the PC for a few weeks now and I went to activate Windows, but it seems my friend had already done so with the code. I purchased an OEM key and have now realized that in order for the OEM to work I'll need to do a fresh install of Windows 10 (and enter the OEM code there). Am I correct in my thinking? If I download all of my current files onto a hard drive, fresh install windows, and punch in my OEM key, will I be at an activated Windows (and I'll have to redownload all of my files)? I haven't fresh installed yet, as I'd like to ask first to avoid deleting everything for nothing. Please let me know!

submitted by /u/livierin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/livierin, Sep 21, 2020
  2. linhlz Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Win7user Win User

How to use my OEM Windows 10 Activation Code

activate windows 7 oem key

Cannot activate win7

I got a problem too when activating win 7 home premium oem. The error code 0x80072ee2 and message "The operation timed out" ??

Win7user, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

How to use my OEM Windows 10 Activation Code

1. How to use my OEM Windows 10 Activation Code - Similar Threads - OEM Activation Code

2. My windows 10 activation code is smudged. How can I activate?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows 10 activation code is smudged. How can I activate?: I can only read about 90 percent of the label that came with this windows PC. How can I activate this software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-activation-code-is-smudged-how-can-i/22b2da31-e7c3-4b87-944b-445aa4f9ed39
  3. Can a windows 10 was and/or oem activate windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can a windows 10 was and/or oem activate windows: I have unavtivated windows RN and wonder what I should by cause I bought a windows 10 pro esd from a local shop and it turned out to be a generic ket that can't activate windows 10 pro submitted by /u/tomstarmot [link] [comments]...
  4. Activate Windows 10 OEM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Activate Windows 10 OEM: A year ago, when I assembled my PC, I bought a Windows 10 Pro key on Amazon, but I noticed that it was not OEM but VOLUME MAK. So yesterday I bought an OEM version. The problem is that if I put the key on "Change product key" it tells me that "This copy of Windows is already...
  5. Windows OEM activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows OEM activation: If i have a PC with windows 7 activated on it OEM Is it legal to upgrade to windows 10 and activate it using that OEM from windows 7 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-oem-activation/6d520fea-f354-4d9f-b9df-6904bdba92da
  6. Activation Windows 10 OEM disk

Activation Windows 10 OEM disk: Brother bought GOV HP desktop and sent it to me...loaded fine, works fine - except sound. Tried to setup but computer says Windows 10 not activated. Looked at disk & disk jacket...has the product key - entered thru settings-activation-product key --- say not valid....
  7. Windows 10 OEM activation on a new computer

Windows 10 OEM activation on a new computer: Hello. I have windows 10, a bought OEM licence. In settings under 'activation' it says 'is 'activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account.' So, will I be able to install & activate my windows 10 on a NEW computer? I was told I won't, but if I have it...
  8. How to activate Windows 10 Pro OEM on Windows 10 Home Laptop?

How to activate Windows 10 Pro OEM on Windows 10 Home Laptop?: I bought a new Windows 10 Home Laptop and a separate Windows 10 Pro OEM license. I am not able to activate my Windows 10 Pro OEM. I already tried to use a default key which doesn't give me an error but I'm still not able to activate my Windows 10 Pro OEM. I really think I...
  9. Activate My Laptop's Windows 10 With My Laptops OEM Serial Code

Activate My Laptop's Windows 10 With My Laptops OEM Serial Code: Hello, I had my laptop's windows 10 activated with my organization serial code but now I want to activate my laptop's windows with the OEM key.how can I do this? please help....
  10. How to legally use an OEM license.

How to legally use an OEM license.: Since MS has continued to use their asinine licensing for OEM copies, I am trying to find a way to use this license for the PCs I build for myself. I am fully aware that the OEM license is tied to the motherboard and have no problem with that. Here is the language from the...