Windows 10: How to use my OEM Windows 10 Activation Code

Discus and support How to use my OEM Windows 10 Activation Code in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all! I've recently built a new gaming PC and booted the system with a friends Windows USB drive. I've been using the PC for a few weeks now and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/livierin, Sep 21, 2020.

1. How to use my OEM Windows 10 Activation Code

Hello all!

I've recently built a new gaming PC and booted the system with a friends Windows USB drive. I've been using the PC for a few weeks now and I went to activate Windows, but it seems my friend had already done so with the code. I purchased an OEM key and have now realized that in order for the OEM to work I'll need to do a fresh install of Windows 10 (and enter the OEM code there). Am I correct in my thinking? If I download all of my current files onto a hard drive, fresh install windows, and punch in my OEM key, will I be at an activated Windows (and I'll have to redownload all of my files)? I haven't fresh installed yet, as I'd like to ask first to avoid deleting everything for nothing. Please let me know!

submitted by /u/livierin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/livierin, Sep 21, 2020
  2. linhlz Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Win7user Win User

How to use my OEM Windows 10 Activation Code

activate windows 7 oem key

Cannot activate win7

I got a problem too when activating win 7 home premium oem. The error code 0x80072ee2 and message "The operation timed out" ??

Win7user, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

How to use my OEM Windows 10 Activation Code

1. How to use my OEM Windows 10 Activation Code - Similar Threads - OEM Activation Code

2. Can I use an OEM activation code from Win 8.1 for Win 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use an OEM activation code from Win 8.1 for Win 10?: I bought a laptop pre-installed with Win 8.1 many years ago. I had intended to upgrade to Win 10 from within Win 8.1. Unfortunately I completely wiped the hard drive. I have since managed to do a fresh Win 10 install on the same hard drive on the same laptop. I have a record...
  3. Can I use an OEM activation code from Win 8.1 for Win 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use an OEM activation code from Win 8.1 for Win 10?: I bought a laptop pre-installed with Win 8.1 many years ago. I had intended to upgrade to Win 10 from within Win 8.1. Unfortunately I completely wiped the hard drive. I have since managed to do a fresh Win 10 install on the same hard drive on the same laptop. I have a record...
  4. Can I use an OEM activation code from Win 8.1 for Win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Activate Windows using OEM Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows using OEM Key: I bought a used HP 840 G3 Elitebook from a vendor, who told me that this laptop has a pre-activated window. After using it for 6 months, the license somehow 'expired', giving me the error "We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's...
  6. Activate Windows using OEM Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows using OEM Key: I bought a used HP 840 G3 Elitebook from a vendor, who told me that this laptop has a pre-activated window. After using it for 6 months, the license somehow 'expired', giving me the error "We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's...
  7. Activate Windows using OEM Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can a Windows 10 OEM key be used to activate Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a Windows 10 OEM key be used to activate Windows 11?: I am planning to buy a cheap OEM product key to activate Windows 11 on my new PC and read that Windows 10 product keys which are cheaper than one labelled Windows 11 on the site I am buying from can be used to activate Windows 11. However, I'm not sure if OEM product keys...
  9. Activate Windows 10 OEM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Activate Windows 10 OEM: A year ago, when I assembled my PC, I bought a Windows 10 Pro key on Amazon, but I noticed that it was not OEM but VOLUME MAK. So yesterday I bought an OEM version. The problem is that if I put the key on "Change product key" it tells me that "This copy of Windows is already...
  10. Activate My Laptop's Windows 10 With My Laptops OEM Serial Code

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate My Laptop's Windows 10 With My Laptops OEM Serial Code: Hello, I had my laptop's windows 10 activated with my organization serial code but now I want to activate my laptop's windows with the OEM key.how can I do this? please help....