Windows 10: How to use my Outlook email instead of Windows 10 mail

Discus and support How to use my Outlook email instead of Windows 10 mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows 10 mail leaves much to be desired, at least for me. It will not sync with my Outlook mail account that I have used for years. It is not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by roving, Aug 17, 2015.

1. roving Win User

How to use my Outlook email instead of Windows 10 mail

Windows 10 mail leaves much to be desired, at least for me. It will not sync with my Outlook mail account that I have used for years. It is not possible to change its default font and size, and it stops and starts when I am typing an email, and my large accumulation of important files in the many folders that I need regularly will not appear as needed.

How can I select my real Outlook mail program to be my prime email account, in place of Windows 10 mail? I have no problem with adding my yahoo and aol accounts, but am not able to change the settings to bypass/eliminate Windows 10 mail and go to my Outlook account. I have it setup with a separate tile, but it would be best to have it on my mail Account page that appears when the Mail tile is selected. Suggestions appreciated.

:)

roving, Aug 17, 2015

2. How do I make windows 10 use the local Outlook app when I click on a "mailto" hyperlink

Whenever I click on a "mailto" hyperlink on a webpage (all browsers) Windows 10 pops the Windows 10 Mail screen. I use a local copy of Outlook and want the Outlook new email screen to pop up. How do I configure Windows 10 to use Outlook instead of the
    Win 10 Mail screen?

Anonymous;kasdf[oiuuSF, Aug 17, 2015
  3. How do I disable the Mail app embedded in Windows 10?

I'm paying for a Microsoft Office subscription and I use Outlook for email. When I get a pop-up notice of newly arrived mail, if I click it, Windows 10 opens the pre-installed Mail app instead of Outlook.

I've set Outlook as the default app for email, but that appears to have no effect on Windows 10 handling of email alerts.

Mail appears to be immune from being disabled or uninstalled from Settings.

Has anyone figured out how to rid their PC of the Mail app?

markbenjakov, Aug 17, 2015
  4. tcman50 Win User

I gave up on the mail app as well, now I just use outlook.com

TC

tcman50, Aug 17, 2015
  5. roving Win User
    Good to know I am not alone. I've searched for days to find a way to add groups of names to my contact list, just like I have had with Outlook for years. No success there, and a very obvious oversight, unless I have missed how this may be done.

roving, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to use my Outlook email instead of Windows 10 mail - Similar Threads - Outlook email instead

2. What is my Windows Mail and or Outlook email address ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is my Windows Mail and or Outlook email address ?: I have Windows Live Mail 2012 to which I download client email ? my emails onto my laptop from my TalkTalk account They are changing the settings and I have found it impossible to do this and they are no help . I also have , on my laptop . Widows Mail which I have set up in...
  3. How to use Outlook or Google Mail instead of Microsoft Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to use Outlook or Google Mail instead of Microsoft Mail: Microsoft 10's mail program is poor and I would like to go back to Google Mail or Outlook, but have been unable to change the default. Microsoft contacts does not allow sorting contacts in categories and it doesn't provide for quick selection of multiple email addresses for...
  4. How to move windows 10 mail emails to Outlook 2013

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move windows 10 mail emails to Outlook 2013: We need to move/copy the emails sent from windows 10 mail stored in the hard disk of my laptop, to Outlook 2013 installed in my laptop? I am told Windows 10 mail does not have an export email option nor an archive one Please help!!...
  5. How to open flagged email in Windows Mail instead of Outlook, in MS To-Do app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to open flagged email in Windows Mail instead of Outlook, in MS To-Do app?: I prefer the Windows 10 Mail & Calendar app instead of Outlook, but still have Outlook 365 installed on my machine. When I click on a flagged email in Outlook or in the Mail app, it correctly shows it in the To-Do app, but when I click on that flagged email in the to-do app,...
  6. Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook: Is there a reliable way to transfer emails from Windows Live Mail to an Outlook .pst file? I can see that there are a number of free third party programs that claim to do it but I'm never sure if they can be trusted. I'd like to transfer over the emails I have on my old...
  7. email usings Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    email usings Windows 10 Mail: When an email is deleted is it erased or is the email address in the file directory deleted. If it is the later, how can I erase the email contents. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-usings-windows-10-mail/8d2d482e-0fa1-45b0-a732-dbb71c7ea5f3"
  8. How to view email of Windows mail in MS Outlook Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    How to view email of Windows mail in MS Outlook Windows 10: I have some important emails retrieved from an old computer (Windows Vista) which was using Windows Mail. I can view these emails in Windows 10 running MS Outlook but not properly. I can't see subject or sender. Therefore, it is very difficult to trace email which I am...
  9. Win 10 notification opens Mail instead of Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 notification opens Mail instead of Outlook: Running fully patched Windows 10 Pro. When Windows notification pops up announcing a new email in Outlook, clicking on the notification opens Windows Mail instead of Outlook 2016. Outlook is the default app in Settings\Default Apps. Can't seem to switch it....
  10. SendTo mail opens Outlook instead of Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    SendTo mail opens Outlook instead of Mail app: Hello, I am using Mail app built in Windows 10. Office 2013 is installed with all applications. If I try to use the SendTo link from Explorer, it opens up Outlook instead of the default Mail app. In default programs, Mail has all his options checked. How to make the SendTo...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. use outlook instead of mail

2. how to use outlook email

3. how to use outlook email in windows 10

4. how to use outlook instead of mail,
  5. use outlook instead of windows mail,
  6. using outlook instead of windows 10 mail,
  7. windows 10 use outlook or mail,
  8. edges uses mail for windows insted office outlook,
  9. can i use outloo instead of widows 10 mail,
  10. windows 10 use outlook instead of mail,
  11. how to use outlook instead of windows 10 mail,