Windows 10: How to use my voice to turn on winkey+h dictation.

Discus and support How to use my voice to turn on winkey+h dictation. in Cortana to solve the problem; If I can not use the keyboard, which is one solid reason why I would want to use this dictation, why then is there no function for starting the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DjTehN00B, Feb 9, 2020.

1. DjTehN00B Win User

How to use my voice to turn on winkey+h dictation.

If I can not use the keyboard, which is one solid reason why I would want to use this dictation, why then is there no function for starting the dictation with my voice? And why does it turn off automatically? If I am in the middle of a thought but pause as I gather my words for an essay, it cuts off... Now I have to do whatever it is I have to do to press win+H. I may have been walking in another room, dictating my essay. Or maybe I have no arm and and in a wheel chair. Now I have to use my prosthetic to painstakingly press win+h.

The other dictation app is horrid, it doesn't understand some probably most people. I don't mean to be so irate about this, but I've just wasted 2 and a half hours trying to find some way to make my own shortcut for this and it feels like a big time sink.

From what I understand there is no way to mimic the win key in powershell to write a script correct? If I am wrong about that someone please explain to me how it is done. Otherwise, can anyone tell me the path of the executable so I can create a start menu shortcut pointing to it and give it a name so I can just have cortana press the darnbutton with my voice?

Thanks for anyone who can help out with this. As for answers providing zero insight and criticism please just don't. I can't be the only person struggling with this. Hope they fix it.

:)

DjTehN00B, Feb 9, 2020

2. Windows key+H dictation not working in Microsoft Word.

Have you tried the control panel speech recognition I suggested?

You can find this by going into Control Panel > type in "Speech Recognition" and then set up a microphone. then continue to turn it on and use it instead of win+H dictation.

Zackary Vanosdol, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Problems with voice dictation.

I have a peoblem with voice dictation.

First, let me say that the microphone works fine. The Voice recognition part of the equation seems to work fine. The problem is that the text doesn't make it's way to the target.

Here's an example.

I position the cursor in a text field. Then I hit Win+H. The dictation bar comes up at the top of the screen. Then I start talking. My words appear in the text field, in grey with a little grey underline. When I stop talking, the text
    disappears. instead of being entered into the text field. It's like there's some final decision about the process being made when istop talking, and it decides a against inserting the text.

This is a hit and miss kind of situation. Sometimes everything seems to work just fine. and other times it fails over and over. For example, most of this message was done with dictation and it worked just great.

Then I go back to Facebook and try to enter in a comment with voice dictation and it fails over and over.

so what's going on here?How do I get this to work reliably?

Mike Fulton, Feb 9, 2020
  4. How to use my voice to turn on winkey+h dictation.

SpiritX MS MVP, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

How to use my voice to turn on winkey+h dictation.

1. How to use my voice to turn on winkey+h dictation. - Similar Threads - voice turn winkey+h

2. voice recognition dictation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    voice recognition dictation: best tablet or chrome book/laptop to record audio dictation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recognition-dictation/88f9a4d4-2521-40e6-b32d-5a0c94118c1f
  3. voice recognition dictation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    voice recognition dictation: best tablet or chrome book/laptop to record audio dictation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recognition-dictation/88f9a4d4-2521-40e6-b32d-5a0c94118c1f
  4. How do I turn off the profanity filter on the Cntl-H voice typing dictation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off the profanity filter on the Cntl-H voice typing dictation?: I'm a Win11 Office 365 user. In my Office 365 programs, I can use the dictate button to talk into my emails, calendar, etc and I can use profanity and it works fine, because the setting is off for filtering that − just as I want it. But if I use control-H it brings up a...
  5. How do I turn off the profanity filter on the Cntl-H voice typing dictation?

How do I turn off the profanity filter on the Cntl-H voice typing dictation?: I'm a Win11 Office 365 user. In my Office 365 programs, I can use the dictate button to talk into my emails, calendar, etc and I can use profanity and it works fine, because the setting is off for filtering that − just as I want it. But if I use control-H it brings up a...
  6. Emoji in voice dictation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emoji in voice dictation: Is it possible to type emojis using the Windows dictation tool? If so, how can I possibly do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emoji-in-voice-dictation/4ca53878-5648-4992-a6c6-7d81d96eac19
  7. Emoji in voice dictation

Emoji in voice dictation: Is it possible to type emojis using the Windows dictation tool? If so, how can I possibly do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emoji-in-voice-dictation/4ca53878-5648-4992-a6c6-7d81d96eac19
  8. HOW TO USE DICTATION

HOW TO USE DICTATION: I thought that I had set up my Win 10 PC to perform dictation and control my PC by voice. When I press Win + H I receive this prompt on top of my screen: Please see screenshot[ATTACH] I am confused as to what this means. How do I get the mic to respond to a command,for...
  9. Voice dictation to wORD

Voice dictation to wORD: Trying to use Windows 10 voice recognition software to dictate into Word to create document. Program keeps hanging. When it does work, it lags by 10 to 20 seconds before it types dictation. Have restarted program several times. Suggestions...
  10. Problems with voice dictation.

in Cortana
    Problems with voice dictation.: I have a peoblem with voice dictation. First, let me say that the microphone works fine. The Voice recognition part of the equation seems to work fine. The problem is that the text doesn't make it's way to the target. Here's an example. I position the cursor in a text...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winkey h

2. laptop keyboard issue h button turns on dictation