Windows 10: How to use network card for kernel mode debugging?

Discus and support How to use network card for kernel mode debugging? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a few older computers that I experiment on with different stuff I've read about and am interested in trying just to see if I can do it. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by quicksilverstud, Dec 16, 2019.

1. How to use network card for kernel mode debugging?

I have a few older computers that I experiment on with different stuff I've read about and am interested in trying just to see if I can do it.

I have read about kernel mode debugging and different devices you can use to do so some devices are

Fire wire
    Com ports

And the one I'm curious about is using a network card/wifi adapter.

What will need to be done in order to set up kernel mode debugging using a network card/wifi adapter?

:)

quicksilverstud, Dec 16, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Ethernet is showing as Kernel Debug Network Adapater

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you see Kernel Debug Network Adapter in Device Manager. This can happen if debugging is turner on. I would suggest you to turn off debugging by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Paste the following commands and hit Enter:

bcdedit /debug off

If you still see the Network Adapter, you can disable it from Device Manager without problems. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, to open
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Network adapters.
    3. Now, right click on the Kernel Debug adapter and select
      Disable device.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Ethernet is showing as Kernel Debug Network Adapater

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I apologize for the delayed response.

Ideally, the Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter is a virtual NIC. It is pre-installed on Windows machines.

I would suggest you to share a screenshot, where you are seeing the Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter.
    Please refer how to include a screenshot in
    your post
    to upload the screenshot.

Note: Make sure you don’t capture any personal information while taking the screenshot.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 16, 2019
  4. How to use network card for kernel mode debugging?

Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter

Hey, so recently deleted : Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter, by accident. Only now it wont let me play online anymore on xbox. So is there any solution in how to get back the network adapter?

xSilverStqnexSilverStqne, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

How to use network card for kernel mode debugging?

1. How to use network card for kernel mode debugging? - Similar Threads - network card kernel

2. How to enable kernel debug for a new NIC productnot listed in VerifiedNICList.xml

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable kernel debug for a new NIC productnot listed in VerifiedNICList.xml: Hi everyone:I am developing a new NIC vendor driver. I want to enable th net kernel debug. Unfortunately the new NIC vendor ID & device ID does not exist in VerifiedNICList.xml.I try the two methodI add my new NIC Vendor ID & device ID into the VerifiedNICList.xml, then I run...
  3. How to enable kernel debug for a new NIC productnot listed in VerifiedNICList.xml

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable kernel debug for a new NIC productnot listed in VerifiedNICList.xml: Hi everyone:I am developing a new NIC vendor driver. I want to enable th net kernel debug. Unfortunately the new NIC vendor ID & device ID does not exist in VerifiedNICList.xml.I try the two methodI add my new NIC Vendor ID & device ID into the VerifiedNICList.xml, then I run...
  4. Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter: I noticed an adapter called Microsoft Kernel Debig Network Adapter show up on my computer so I looked it up and read a post saying to use cmd as elevated user and enter the command "bcdedit/debug off" to make sure it was off and when I did this an error message said "The...
  5. Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter: I noticed an adapter called Microsoft Kernel Debig Network Adapter show up on my computer so I looked it up and read a post saying to use cmd as elevated user and enter the command "bcdedit/debug off" to make sure it was off and when I did this an error message said "The...
  6. Ethernet is showing as Kernel Debug Network Adapater

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet is showing as Kernel Debug Network Adapater: Hi, Network is working fine but something is out of sync here. Under Network Connections the NIC shows up as "Ethernet (Kernel Debugger)" using the "Ingel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) l...", Properties shows "Connect Using" as "Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter". I...
  7. how to use cellular datacard and Ethernet network card at same time

how to use cellular datacard and Ethernet network card at same time: there are two network cards in my PC(windows 10) if active cellular datacard only I can use internet if active ethernet network card only I can use internal network but when I enable cellular datacard and ethernet network card at same time, I can't use...
  8. Win10 Debugging Mode Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Debugging Mode Error: Hey, So I was trying to access the BIOS on my Win10 machine. I was on the 'Startup Settings' page and accidentally enable 'Debugging Mode' my machine froze for a bit. So I just powered it off, when I powered it back on nothing showed on my monitor. The computer turned...
  9. Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter: Hey, so recently deleted : Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter, by accident. Only now it wont let me play online anymore on xbox. So is there any solution in how to get back the network adapter?...
  10. Wifi card not detected in Safe Mode with Networking

Wifi card not detected in Safe Mode with Networking: Hello, When I boot into safe mode with networking on my laptop with the latest and updated Windows 10 Pro version, all I get is the ethernet icon and NO wifi at all detected. Seeing this all over the web, with no explanation. Unsuccessful also when choosing option to safe...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ethernet microsoft kernel debug network adapter adapter name: ethernet (kernel debugger) dns name: change

2. Ethernet Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter Adapter name: Ethernet (Kernel Debugger) DNS name: corp.microsoft.com Connection type: Ethernet IPv4 address: 100.108.190.32 IPv6 address: 2001:4898:30:194:5f6:5d56:653:4bf1 Receive 56.0 Kbps Send 0 Kbps