Windows 10: How to use old user folder with new windows installation.

Discus and support How to use old user folder with new windows installation. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I just got a new SSD HDD installed in my computer, which have a new installation of Windows 10 pro on it (Version 1903), and it have created a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Christofferj, Oct 23, 2019.

1. How to use old user folder with new windows installation.

Hello!
    I just got a new SSD HDD installed in my computer, which have a new installation of Windows 10 pro on it (Version 1903), and it have created a new use, and my computer starts up using this windows installation... Now, I still have everything on my old HDD, including the old windows installation and user folder. Now I really want to use my old user and old user folders, where all my documents, files for several programs and such are, but I have no idea how to make a user and tell it to use that user folder.
    Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot!

:)

Christofferj, Oct 23, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Windows installation folder

A couple of years ago, I read that Windows has a special folder that contains files used during the installation process. Also, I heard there's another folder that Windows uses as a back-up of every system file, just in case the user wants to do a system restore. Where can I find both folders and are they safe to delete?

GoFigureItOut, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Anusha Win User

How to use old user folder with new windows installation.

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink How to use old user folder with new windows installation. ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

How to use old user folder with new windows installation.

1. How to use old user folder with new windows installation. - Similar Threads - old user folder

2. How to use old user folder with new windows installation.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to use old user folder with new windows installation.: Hello! I just got a new SSD HDD installed in my computer, which have a new installation of Windows 10 pro on it (Version 1903), and it have created a new use, and my computer starts up using this windows installation... Now, I still have everything on my old HDD, including...
  3. HOw to I stop Windows 10 using the confusing USERS folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOw to I stop Windows 10 using the confusing USERS folders: How to I stop Windows 10 using the confusing USERS folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-stop-windows-10-using-the-confusing-users/ffad0882-ce2b-4b20-8058-aeb1f4fc161b
  4. trying to rename my old user folder from another install

trying to rename my old user folder from another install: i just reinstalled windows and on my old install i had all my user profiles go to the e drive and not the c on this new install i want to do the same thing however i cannot rename the old user directory to users-old as it will cause explorer.exe to stop responding and i...
  5. How to remove old user backgrounds?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove old user backgrounds?: Hello, I have a question how to remove old user backgrounds? I know it might be thread like this, but my english is not good enough to find it so I decided to create new thread. [img] 28871
  6. On a new install User logs in, but can't save settings or user folder

On a new install User logs in, but can't save settings or user folder: I just did a fresh install (of Windows 10) on my wife's new (used) laptop. Everything went well and the username and password were her logon's from her previous computer. She logs on successfully, but a message pops up from the system tray that tells her that she was logged...
  7. How Delete an Old "Users" Folders

How Delete an Old "Users" Folders: Hi, I build a PC in 2014 and installed W7 and I changed the user profile folders path in the registry for new users to be created on a drive "E:\Users" different from my small ssd "C:" drive. I have already updated to W10 and I am having some small problems, but I can not...
  8. New "Automatic" Touch Keyboard: How to Use the Old Style

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New "Automatic" Touch Keyboard: How to Use the Old Style: I'm going at this pain in the *** again, this time with a different question since I've investigated further. The touch keyboard (the one that automatically displays when not in tablet mode and there's no keyboard attached) was changed with the Fall Creators Edition...
  9. How to delete old windows file/folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to delete old windows file/folder: Hi, I just upgraded my Windows 8 OS to Windows 10 and it has left : Old.windows folder with many included files on my Harddrive. I have already backed up and transferred all the files I wanted to keep from that old version and wish to delete that file and all that is...
  10. Install For New User

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install For New User: I wanted to know if there was a way to install Windows 10 to the point where the user can finish the setup when they receive a laptop? I have never done that before personally. Thanks 106847

Users found this page by searching for:

1. link an existing users folder in windows 10 for a new install