Windows 10: How to use only Windows Hello PIN for sign in - Disable the use of account password to sign in

Discus and support How to use only Windows Hello PIN for sign in - Disable the use of account password to sign in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, Is there perhaps any way that I can disable the use of the user account password to sign in? I only want to be able to sign in with the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by cashwoods, Jun 17, 2020.

1. cashwoods Win User

How to use only Windows Hello PIN for sign in - Disable the use of account password to sign in

Hello,

Is there perhaps any way that I can disable the use of the user account password to sign in? I only want to be able to sign in with the Windows Hello PIN and Face, and not have the user account password as an option to sign in. Currently, on my lock screen there is 3 options to sign into the user account Hello Face/biometrics, Hello PIN, and user account password, and I would prefer for there not to be the option of the user account password. My user account is a local user, not a Microsoft Account, if that helps.

Thanks

:)

cashwoods, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Reldel Win User

Cannot sign into user account with pin instead of password

Build 9926, after setting up a dual install of Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, you should be able to sign into a user account (std.) using a pin instead of a password. The account uses a Microsoft account and when trying to personalize the sign-in to a pin, appears to show the normal screen progression that the pin is accepted, confirmed using the password, but the after signing out and trying to go back into the user account, no pin is offered. Only password sign in available.

Anyone else seeing this problem? Solutions? I tried going into group policy and found pin sign in by default is disabled. I enabled the policy, but that does not correct it.

Reldel, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Sign in options.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Sign in options.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 17, 2020
  4. How to use only Windows Hello PIN for sign in - Disable the use of account password to sign in

Is it possible to disable password sign in, but enable Windows Hello or pin to sign in to a PC

Hello,

Password sign-in is very basic and primary credential provider for Windows 10 systems and can't be disabled. There are recent scenarios where PIN sign-in stopped working overnight due to some faulty updates. Password sign-in was savior in such type of cases.
    Hence recommend you to have password sign-in always enabled on your machine.

Regards.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

How to use only Windows Hello PIN for sign in - Disable the use of account password to sign in

1. How to use only Windows Hello PIN for sign in - Disable the use of account password to sign in - Similar Threads - Hello PIN sign

2. Disable password use at sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable password use at sign in: I’ve recently installed the Authenticator app and I was wondering if there is a way to disable using my password to sign in to my Microsoft account.I’ve had a ton of attempts to access my account from foreign countries, and although it would seem setting up MFA would solve...
  3. Disable password use at sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable password use at sign in: I’ve recently installed the Authenticator app and I was wondering if there is a way to disable using my password to sign in to my Microsoft account.I’ve had a ton of attempts to access my account from foreign countries, and although it would seem setting up MFA would solve...
  4. Using PIN for sign-in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using PIN for sign-in.: Windows routinely asks for password; however, I can switch it to using my PIN to sign in; however, that's annoying and time consuming. Question: How do I set up the PIN sign-in as the default option?...
  5. Using PIN for sign-in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using PIN for sign-in.: Windows routinely asks for password; however, I can switch it to using my PIN to sign in; however, that's annoying and time consuming. Question: How do I set up the PIN sign-in as the default option?...
  6. Remove PIN sign in option. Only want to use password for sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove PIN sign in option. Only want to use password for sign in: Remove PIN sign in option. Only want to use password for sign in. remove option in user settings is grayed out. can not remove pin as a sign in option...
  7. How to disable Hello Accounts - Sign in Options - Windows Hello PIN on booting and...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable Hello Accounts - Sign in Options - Windows Hello PIN on booting and...: After the April update, windows10 is asking to set up Hello PIN when computer gets locked up.Hell PIN has gotten after me and can't be tackled using old solutions.Please provide solution to do away the hell pin permanently....
  8. Sign-in using windows hello.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-in using windows hello.: I cannot select windows hello sign-in options. How can I fix that? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-using-windows-hello/dc1a4f89-5fa4-4416-9b43-04af4880b3db
  9. Is it possible to disable password sign in, but enable Windows Hello or pin to sign in to a PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it possible to disable password sign in, but enable Windows Hello or pin to sign in to a PC: Because face recognition, fingerprint or Yubikey are more secure, I want to disable password sign in on my computer. I tried netplwiz and unchecking 'user must enter a user name and password to use this computer', but then the PC starts without any sign in option, so no...
  10. Want to sign in only using pin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Want to sign in only using pin: I have windows 10 installed on my laptop and on my desktop computer. I set a pin to sign in on each computer, but suddenly the desk top computer wants my pin and it also requires me to sign into Microsoft account with my password as well. I don't know why it changed, but I'd...