Windows 10: How to Use Pendrive/USB as RAM in Windows 8 & 10

Discus and support How to Use Pendrive/USB as RAM in Windows 8 & 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Are you tired of your laptops and computers going extremely slow while using heavy applications or programmes? Did you know you could boost the speed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pawankumar, Feb 2, 2019.

1. How to Use Pendrive/USB as RAM in Windows 8 & 10

Are you tired of your laptops and computers going extremely slow while using heavy applications or programmes?

Did you know you could boost the speed of your laptops simply by using a pendrive as RAM?

How can a pendrive be used as RAM? Confused?

Don’t be for in this blog we will help you find out how to use a pen drive as RAM in Windows 8 & 10. But before we tell you how exactly can you increase the RAM in laptop using a pendrive, let us first get done with “Why there is a need to convert a USB-storage-device to working RAM?”

If you are always on your laptop working, you might be fed up of how slow your machine gets after a couple of hours of usage. It is important to understand that RAM, although, isn’t a storage device, yet, stores the data until the time you have closed the applications.

In simple words, the more the RAM is the faster your machine runs!

Unfortunately, not many people can afford laptops with higher RAM due to their limited budgets, as a reason, they are unable to perform complicated actions on their windows. But with this little trick, you no more have to rely on money to increase the speed of your windows 8 & 10. You can simply use a pendrive as an added RAM to enhance the performance of your Windows 10.

Not only will turning the USB drive to RAM will boost the performance of your laptop, but it will also help you play bigger games with more ease. How to convert a pendrive into RAM in Windows 10 is an easy process. By turning your pendrive into RAM you automatically increase the RAM of the system and help your system function more efficiently. Also using pendrive as RAM saves you a lot of money.

Here is a step by step guide to help you turn your pendrive into RAM and boost its performance-
    Step 1. The first step is to link your pen drive with the laptop and make sure there isn’t any existing data in your pen drive.

Step 2. If there is any, back it up before you put the pen drive to format.

Step 3. Formatting is simple! All you got to do is right click on the USB drive and format.

Step 4. Start Format and Ok!

Step 5. Once the formatting has been done and applied, right click to find properties and press-ready boost.

Step 6. When you will press ready boost, you will be given three options. Choose the third one quoting “USE THIS DEVICE”.

How do you know that the pendrive has been converted into RAM?

Well, after you have followed the above-mentioned procedures step by step, on double clicking your USB drive, you should see only one file by the name of “Ready Boost”. When you see the “Ready Boost” file in USB drive folder, it means that your pendrive has now been converted to RAM and will from now on help boost the system perform better.

There is another method you can use to convert your pendrive to RAM. It goes as mentioned below-
    #1. Began by inserting your pen drive in the laptop and opening the properties option by right clicking on My computer.

#2. Once you have opened the My Computer option, left click on Advanced system settings.

#3. Within the Advanced system setting, choose the setting button in Performance tab.

#4. A new window will appear on your screen. Left Click on Advanced.

#5. In the Advanced tab, you will find an option called the Virtual Memory Box, where you click on the Change button.

#6. Here, you uncheck the box of Automatically Manage Page size feature.

#7. Thereafter, in the Custom Size, include your Pen Drive current same as the format given below.

#8. Add same Value in both boxes before clicking on the Apply button.

When trying to change a pendrive to RAM, you should always be careful of the maximum available space of the pen drive. For example, if your pen drive has a maximum capacity of 6GB, leave a space of about 10 MB, in order to derive better performance from your pen drive. In this case, using 5900 MB will help to increase the RAM of the system without hurting the device. It is both safe and cost-effective.

These above-mentioned methods of turning your pen drive to RAM can also be used for personal computers as well. How to use a pen drive as Ram in laptops is same as using a pen drive as RAM in personal computers. So, whether it is a personal computer or a laptop with windows 10 or 8, you can use a pendrive as RAM to enhance the speed and boost the performance of your system. Converting a pendrive into RAM is both economical and profitable to the users.

:)

pawankumar, Feb 2, 2019
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Feb 2, 2019
  3. freebird_9924, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

How to Use Pendrive/USB as RAM in Windows 8 & 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

How to Use Pendrive/USB as RAM in Windows 8 & 10

1. How to Use Pendrive/USB as RAM in Windows 8 & 10 - Similar Threads - Pendrive USB RAM

2. win 11 using 8 gigs of ram on idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 using 8 gigs of ram on idle: When I play games, I like most of my ram to be available for the game to use to maximise performance, and not the system using half of it. I have noticed that when i play resource-intensive games the memory is usually between 90 and 100%, and the game is limited to using 11 -...
  3. Pendrive 3.0 working as a 2.0 pendrive on a usb 3.0 port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pendrive 3.0 working as a 2.0 pendrive on a usb 3.0 port: I just bought a new pendrive and it has been working without problems. However, I decided to test the speed of the pendrive on my computer to see if everything matched what the manufacturer reported and realized that the speed didn't quite match. At that moment, I ended up...
  4. Hp v165w 8 gb pendrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hp v165w 8 gb pendrive: Yesterday i was trying to upgrade my pc from 32 bit to 64 bit using windows media creation tool. i plugged in the usb and started the download process first it completed till 100% then again it started and stopped at 50% for 30 min more and i unplugged it and restarted. now...
  5. How to make Bootable USB PenDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make Bootable USB PenDrive: I hope this blog helps you for creating Bootable USB PenDrive https://www.computercooltricks.com/post/how-to-make-bootable-usb-pendrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-bootable-usb-pendrive/f0c96b7b-3b00-41d6-8ffb-a745afb34042
  6. BOOTABLE USB PENDRIVE FOR WINDOWS 10 VERSION 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BOOTABLE USB PENDRIVE FOR WINDOWS 10 VERSION 20H2: I'm using rufus tool for making a bootable usb drive for windows 10 version 20h2. It is asking for partition type MBR OR GPT.I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SELECT.MY BIOS MODE IS UEFI. CURRENT VERSION IS F.35.PLEASE HELP ME....
  7. how to use 64 g.b pendrive as 16 g.b Ram ?

how to use 64 g.b pendrive as 16 g.b Ram ?: I want to use pendrive as Ram Because i dont have time to buy Ram So i want to increase my Ram I have 64 g.b pendrive I want just 8 g.bRam / 16 g.b ram....
  8. USB pendrive used by other process ?

USB pendrive used by other process ?: Quite a while now, when I try to make a bootable USB drive by using 3rd party programs like Rufus I get this: [img] and [img] Can't find who or what is holding rights to it. I can do anything else to it, format it, delete files, write files, modify but to make it...
  9. Windows 10 unable to detect USB pendrive except USB connection.

Windows 10 unable to detect USB pendrive except USB connection.: Yesterday morning my computer cannot detect my pendrive. I tried every USB port but none of them works. I'm also uninstalled & reinstalled portable device & universal serial bus controller drivers but even this method failed to work. Weirdly, my computer can detect my...
  10. USB Pendrive problem

USB Pendrive problem: Good morning to all. Since the latest windows 10 update, When I insert a usb pen drive into usb port on my laptop it don't show up I have to go into the File explorer to open the drive,And this is the same with a usb hdd. Been looking in the auto runs section but failed to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to convert pendrive into ram in windowa 10

2. how to use usb as extre ram