Windows 10: How to use Phone Link with iPhone to send messages from your PC

Discus and support How to use Phone Link with iPhone to send messages from your PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft introduced Phone Link for iOS a few weeks ago. The company has made the feature available for all Windows 11 users, here's how you can set it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, May 16, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

How to use Phone Link with iPhone to send messages from your PC

Microsoft introduced Phone Link for iOS a few weeks ago. The company has made the feature available for all Windows 11 users, here's how you can set it up.

Please note that Bluetooth must be enabled on your iPhone and your computer, the Phone Link app uses it to sync messages between the two devices.

How to use Phone Link with iPhone

1. Install the Link to Windows app on your iPhone.

2. Open the Phone Link app on your PC.

3. Click on the iPhone button on the welcome screen.

How to use Phone Link with iPhone to send messages from your PC phone-link-scan-qr-code-to-pair-device.jpg

4. The app will display a QR code. Open the Link to Windows app on your iPhone, tap on Scan QR Code, and point the camera to the computer's screen to start the pairing process.

5. The mobile app will request permission to access your Bluetooth network. Allow it.

How to use Phone Link with iPhone to send messages from your PC How-to-set-up-Link-to-Windows-on-iPhone.jpg

6. The Phone Link app will display a pairing code on the screen, and the same will also appear on your iPhone. Confirm the pairing prompt to connect the devices.

How to use Phone Link with iPhone to send messages from your PC phone-link-for-ios-pairing-code.jpg

7. Phone Link will ask you to enable the following permissions on your iPhone: Share System Notifications, Show Notifications, and Sync Contacts. To enable the permissions, go to Settings > Bluetooth, and tap on your PC's name. Toggle the switches next to the three options mentioned above.

How to use Phone Link with iPhone to send messages from your PC phone-link-ios-settings-permissions.jpg

Note: You may choose to skip these if you don't want to use the features, but the app's functionality will be crippled.

How to use Phone Link with iPhone to send messages from your PC Phone-Link-for-iOS-permissions.jpg

8. Click the Continue button on the Phone Link app. That's it, you have set up Phone Link with your iPhone.

How to use Phone Link with iPhone to send messages from your PC phone-link-for-ios-ready-to-use.jpg

You can now use the app on your PC to view and dismiss notifications or pin them, view your call history, make a call (via the phone), and send/receive text messages.

How to use Phone Link with iPhone to send messages from your PC Phone-Link-connected-with-iPhone.jpg

Yes, it does allow sending SMS via iMessage and supports emojis, but you won't be able to use the fancy stuff like stickers, GIFs, etc. The app does not support Group messages, but will display notifications that you receive from groups.

How to use Phone Link with iPhone to send messages from your PC Using-Phone-Link-for-iOS-to-send-messages-from-Windows-11.jpg

Phone Link for Windows displays the name of your iPhone, the connectivity status, and the battery level, in the top left corner. Head to the app's Settings to toggle the badges for unread messages, and the banner style to be used for notifications.

How to use Phone Link with iPhone to send messages from your PC Phone-Link-notification-from-iPhone.jpg

If the iPhone button is greyed out in the Phone Link app, open the Microsoft Store to check for updates. I had the same issue, and no updates were available for me, but the button was clickable after I opened and closed the app a few times. The version that I used was Phone Link 1.23032.186.0.

Phone Link for iOS is very rudimentary, the features that it supports are nowhere close to what it offers for Android devices. That's not Microsoft's fault though, Apple doesn't open up iMessage's APIs to allow third-party apps to sync all content with iPhones.

The main drawback in Phone Link for iOS is lack of support for media files, you may install the iCloud app for Windows or icloud.com if you want to access your photos and videos from your Windows PC. The Windows Photos app allows you to view the media stored in your iCloud library. That said, Phone Link for iOS is a good start, and provides a convenient way to check your notifications, and text your friends without picking up the phone.

Have you tried Phone Link for iOS?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post How to use Phone Link with iPhone to send messages from your PC appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, May 16, 2023

2. Send a text message from desktop to iphone over wifi

Facebook Messenger allows you to send a text message from PC to iPhone. It is 'another piece of software'. Without a phone number or relying upon a cell network. How does this not solve you problem?

Are you saying you need a way to send a message from a PC to an iPhone with you not being at the PC?

The Pool Man, May 16, 2023
  3. Hao S Win User
    Can I link send phone numbers from PC to iphone?

I've linked my PC to iphone using itunes but even so I cannot send phone numbers from my PC to iphone.

Also under settings Phone it says link your Android., Iphone but the QR code does not work for iphone it just says no usable content found.

Hao S, May 16, 2023
  4. Atom1 Win User

Send a text message from desktop to iphone over wifi

Not sure since I haven't tried it yet, but since I to send a message I need to create it from some 3rd party software, so I wasn't sure that would work. I'll try it though, thanks.

Atom1, May 16, 2023
Thema:

1. How to use Phone Link with iPhone to send messages from your PC - Similar Threads - Phone Link iPhone

2. Unable to connect iPhone to PC using Phone Link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect iPhone to PC using Phone Link: I have gone through all the steps to connect my iPhone to my laptop. It's not connecting. I have tried stopping and restarting Blue Tooth on my iPhone and on my laptop. I have tried telling each device to "forget" the other device, then trying the connection again. Nothing is...
  3. Unable to connect iPhone to PC using Phone Link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect iPhone to PC using Phone Link: I have gone through all the steps to connect my iPhone to my laptop. It's not connecting. I have tried stopping and restarting Blue Tooth on my iPhone and on my laptop. I have tried telling each device to "forget" the other device, then trying the connection again. Nothing is...
  4. Phone Link App - Cannot send NEW messages from PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link App - Cannot send NEW messages from PC: This is incredibly frustrating, the app works good but I cannot create a new text message from my PC only from my phone. see pictureI've seen previous threads where people have this same issue, but no help. ....
  5. Phone Link App - Cannot send NEW messages from PC

Phone Link App - Cannot send NEW messages from PC: This is incredibly frustrating, the app works good but I cannot create a new text message from my PC only from my phone. see pictureI've seen previous threads where people have this same issue, but no help. Picture -> Well I was going to upload one but for what ever reason...
  6. Can I link send phone numbers from PC to iphone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I link send phone numbers from PC to iphone?: I've linked my PC to iphone using itunes but even so I cannot send phone numbers from my PC to iphone.Also under settings Phone it says link your Android., Iphone but the QR code does not work for iphone it just says no usable content found....
  7. Can I link send phone numbers from PC to iphone?

Can I link send phone numbers from PC to iphone?: I've linked my PC to iphone using itunes but even so I cannot send phone numbers from my PC to iphone.Also under settings Phone it says link your Android., Iphone but the QR code does not work for iphone it just says no usable content found....
  8. Zabbix | How to send alert messages to your phone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Zabbix | How to send alert messages to your phone: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/netvn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uasfbc/zabbix_how_to_send_alert_messages_to_your_phone/
  9. Phone Link Sends messages, but it says "Your Message Cannot Be Sent"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link Sends messages, but it says "Your Message Cannot Be Sent": My messages are being sent, but on my Phone Link app, they are giving me the "Sending....." for about a minute, and then it pops up under the message, saying "your message cannot be sent. Retry" On my phone, it shows the message has been sent after the minute pause in the...
  10. Phone Link Sends messages, but it says "Your Message Cannot Be Sent"

Phone Link Sends messages, but it says "Your Message Cannot Be Sent": My messages are being sent, but on my Phone Link app, they are giving me the "Sending....." for about a minute, and then it pops up under the message, saying "your message cannot be sent. Retry" On my phone, it shows the message has been sent after the minute pause in the...